Trading ES (Q1 2004)

China, Have a great time, thx for all your help, and you never know I might even be able to report a successful trade or two by the time you get back :cheesy:

Cheers, hampy

Have a top trip China and don't let the Black Caimans get their teeth into you. We were due a sunny sojourn in Grenada until I started daytrading LOL :)

1153 on the nose after a lovely ABC retracement. Could u be a little more accurate next time please Finirama/Skim? :) Wish I'd held that bit longer, but was stopped out by the B pullback. Too cautious!

The B wave was a perfect 61.8% of A and the C very nearly 1:1 height with A as well. Simply glorious. I did notice the H&S on thre hourly but thought it was too ill defined to make a decision upon. But the 30 min clarifies it - thanks Skim. So many things simultaneously to observe!

Gonna post me P&L in my thread now cause I'm an arrogant....no honestly, I'm just pretty chuffed (though not, of course, emotional!) - nine hours sweaty hard work and $275 to the good after a poor day yesterday. Feels truly deserved for once too.

I'm certainly not giving up now...Frugi WILL be a TRADER one day.

Thanks 4 all yr help folks.

PS Skim - the 27cm one or whichever is male please. I was wrong - the one sat on my girlfriend's desk is female, Tiny and 21cm. I will pay for the wool and labour costs! Cheers.

China - have a great time. :cool:
Been in the Amazon Jungle myself in Bolivia, to see the pink fresh water dolphins! (Yes they do exist without hallucinogenics, although the cacti are good for that too!) :LOL:
Mind out for the ants - they're huge!
Cheers
Q

China m8

Thank you for the last post. Going to work on this while you are doing your Richard Attenborough impersonation.

Have a great trip geez.

Have a nice trip Mr White, and don't forget to send us all a postcard. :cheesy:

... and perhaps you could also bring us all back a stick of rock each?

Finirama:

The turn at 1153 is a little too late for a 123 short, although it is still a valid one.

I find that the closer they are together, the better the trade, as long as there is a nice big pullback inbetween.

Let me show you - the following is a 10 min ES chart, and I've shown the IDEAL placing for the 123s. As you know, the top was very choppy, so it was not a clear pattern to follow. That's life - there'll always be another. So although the pattern was there, it was not an easy entry, so therefore the 1153 turn was just too low down.

Although a turn at 1153 is still valid, the timing (at the end of the day) means that you would aim to get a few points out of it, but the big boys can whip the price about a bit at that time, so a tight stop would have been needed.

I've marked where the next one will be IF there is a turn. BUT, we've had a clear 5 waves down, then an abc retracement up, so the theory is that we will now get another 5-waves down, or an abc down which will then indicate the end of the down trend, and we would then have a 5-wave up.

There's no hard and fast rules, you just need to spend time looking out for them, and then when you've seen 20 or 30 of them form, you'll start to know the difference between 'good' ones and ones which need a tight stop.

Attachments

• cme-es04h- 10 minute.jpg
    cme-es04h- 10 minute.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 394
Nice chart frugi...was wondering the same thing. Rising wedge/diagonal triangle would expect 1,144 to be tested and broken to mark the end of wave 5 in EW

The big red one

We also have this big red trend line coming into play.

Attachments

• dow 5min252.png
    dow 5min252.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 301
5/10min: Is this a wave 4 up of 5 down or have we completed 3 down meaning this is wave 1 of 3 or 5 up? Volume was big at 1143.25 but was it enough to turn the market?

1142.5 is 61.8% on 30 min chart, also a 161.8% projection of yesterday's ABC up. A fall to here would complete 5 waves down.

But we have bounced off that 3rd fan line and fallen 10 pts which points to a pullback.

Decisons decisions...

Is this in China's terms a down trend day. Only the banks are showing any sign of strength. The sox looks wankie and the $TRAN and $UTIL although not part of the equation look weak as well.

Aye. There's 2:1 internals aplenty too - SOX:COMP COMP:ES COMP:DOW etc.

But this lower pivot may hold for a run to 1148 to test the channel bottom? Then more downside.

Either way I've made a mess of today!

Frugi,

Not to sure of the wave count.

This is wot i have..perhaps this is wave 4 of an extended 3??..giving wave 3 a target of 1,140 and the overall move of 1,138ish???

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 256
Wave 2 was a sharp correction so should expect wave 4 to be a flat a-b-c with a target time of 17:30??

5 min triangle should break soon. Upside res at 10 day EMA, 50 EMA and 38% rtr 1147 proving strong so far.

Hi folks, It certainly seems that the only thing holding this up is the banks. I'm short with a stop just 1.25 above today's high.
If the banks start falling in line there might be some good points in this, but what do I know? :D

hampy