Capture.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 10
coulda woulda shoulda got better entry on rimm

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 4
short rimm
It appears from your charts that 10 min macci at the time was only 67.99 and 5 min was already down to 10.51. This wouldn't seem to me to be an ideal entry according to Iraj's intraday strategies, so I was wondering what your reasoning was

Charlton

It appears from your charts that 10 min macci at the time was only 67.99 and 5 min was already down to 10.51. This wouldn't seem to me to be an ideal entry according to Iraj's intraday strategies, so I was wondering what your reasoning was

Charlton

yeah, not ideal,

I wasn't really looking at figures, just turn levels

Glen

profit on last trade

= $158

coulda woulda shoulda again rimm trading at 112.60 as i write

had to take pizza delivery

Running total

total P/L tonight = $322

total total = -$853

Review

felt better tonight no silly trades close to close

good tech day looking at 10min macci indu

nice one
Glen

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
tomorrow

not sure if any of these companies will move the markets tomorrow?

no big figures during market hours

Attachments

• Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 6
Belflan

I enjoy reading your trades, it's good to see if I'm spotting the same stocks and opportunities as yourelf.

I just want to point that you're not updating your data compression for the n minute change. You've got it set at 10 min, for example on the chart with KLAC and BBY on it, it's taken around 18.45, so the n minute change so be set to a least 22 min.

Hope this helps

Andy

not sure what way to start setting out rules

just start prehaps?

1. Don't enter scalp trade within last 10mins of market open time
2. check position size indicator data compression before entry
3. know if big news figure is being released within market hours

will add as go
Glen

Belflan

I enjoy reading your trades, it's good to see if I'm spotting the same stocks and opportunities as yourelf.

I just want to point that you're not updating your data compression for the n minute change. You've got it set at 10 min, for example on the chart with KLAC and BBY on it, it's taken around 18.45, so the n minute change so be set to a least 22 min.

Hope this helps

Andy

hi Andy, thanks for the post

good point, I should have explained, i'm not using the n minute change.

it's a bit of a boll*cks (almost impossible) for me to download all the data from IB to T2ki for each stock therefore i can't trust the n minute.

I just look for the market cycle to get on my side,
look for a stock (like rimm or aapl) to pop up/down
then enter

we'll see how i go
cheers
Glen

how are you going

Glen

hehe... after reading this thread and your swing thread, I don't think a day go by when you don't have problems with T2Ki.

I think by not using the n minute change might be counter productive, since basically that's what the whole strategy is based around, for example just because AAPL or RIMM might pop down, when the $indu macci is heading down, it could be a very strong stock on the n minute change. And just looking at how those two babies move, i would not want to be on the wrong side as they can move at least a dollar in no time.

As for how I'm doing, it's actually going frightingly well.....Luckily TS8.3 has just brought out a simulator, so I'm just forward testing it at the moment, as I've been used to trading futures and never been involved with stocks before.

To make the transition a little easier, I narrowed the list of stocks down to about 13. Those being the ones with the greatest daily range, and basically just getting to know them and see how they react/move with the market ....... and as time goes on I'll put the rest back on.

Cheers

Andy

Glen

hehe... after reading this thread and your swing thread, I don't think a day go by when you don't have problems with T2Ki.

no sh1t

I think by not using the n minute change might be counter productive, since basically that's what the whole strategy is based around, for example just because AAPL or RIMM might pop down, when the $indu macci is heading down, it could be a very strong stock on the n minute change. And just looking at how those two babies move, i would not want to be on the wrong side as they can move at least a dollar in no time.

I want to have i think about this, and give it the reply it deserves tomorrow

As for how I'm doing, it's actually going frightingly well.....Luckily TS8.3 has just brought out a simulator, so I'm just forward testing it at the moment, as I've been used to trading futures and never been involved with stocks before.

great to hear this, well done mate

To make the transition a little easier, I narrowed the list of stocks down to about 13. Those being the ones with the greatest daily range, and basically just getting to know them and see how they react/move with the market ....... and as time goes on I'll put the rest back on.

good man, thanks for your input

Glen

Belfan- I am completely in agreement with Blu-Ray's post - the 'N Minute' indicator is next to the 'holy grail' (imho)- you might like to consider getting professional streaming data source for your TS- in the big scheme of things, the subscription fees, I think is quite insignificant- the tools that we have, if used properly, - your first trade of the month should take care of the fees and leave much extra :D

Raj

Belfan- I am completely in agreement with Blu-Ray's post - the 'N Minute' indicator is next to the 'holy grail' (imho)- you might like to consider getting professional streaming data source for your TS- in the big scheme of things, the subscription fees, I think is quite insignificant- the tools that we have, if used properly, - your first trade of the month should take care of the fees and leave much extra :D

Raj
I too agree with Raj and Blu-Ray, you can't hope to follow the strategy correctly without the correct tools. This will only lead to confusion.

Even with one of the more expensive options Tradestation securities itself trading 5000 shares per month (that is 2500 each way) costs just $40 commission plus $10 market fee. Now Tradestation has also introduced a simulated trading account alongside, so you wouldn't need to keep trading for real for the remainder of the month once you have hit the 5000 shares if you prefer not to.

There are no connection problems, full access to the historical data, latest versions of tradestation and radarscreen - to me it seems a no-brainer,

Charlton

Glen

Andy

This is my understanding at the moment (from my limited experience)

I think the whole strategy is more so based around the market cycle turn, rather than anything else. Get the market cycle turn wrong and your entry will be crap regardless

The n minute change indicator looks at the movement of stocks in relation to the market.

If a stock moves down one ATR and the market moves up one ATR then the stock is weak in relation to the market.

If a stock moves down two ATR’s and the market moves down 1 ATR then the stock is weak in relation to the market.

What if the stock normally moves in tandem with the market (ie follows the market cycle.) and a stock like this was 2 ATR’s down the market was 1 ATR down would it be weak?

In the last hour of a trading day; if a stock that was prone to mean revision was 4 ATR’s down and the market was up 1 ATR, would this stock be weak? or over sold?

This is not in any way to question Grey’s indicators (Grey knows what he’s doing no one can deny this)

These are just my fumbling thoughts, trying to understand what we’re looking at when we look at the n minute change.

I don’t think (perhaps in my naivety) that the indicator on the stocks is as important as market direction (reading the turn)

Don’t forget during the webinar Grey did not use the n minute as a grail. He also used discretion as well (i.e. not entering a trade in a certain stock that was showing the greatest weakness (in the n minute) in relation to the market, as he new the stock and didn’t think it was a good idea)

I think there must be a lot of value in getting to know the individual stocks as well as using the indicators. Maybe grey has already though of this and has already picked the stocks that work well with this indicator?

Please don’t think of this as having a go at this strategy in any way, I very much see myself as a student here, Grey1’s is the Master (students should asked questions, draw conclusions, think, not just follow)

cheers
Glen

Last edited:
Glen

for example just because AAPL or RIMM might pop down, when the $indu macci is heading down,

if the indu macci was heading down i would be looking for a pop up in the stock for good entry (weak longs)

cheers
Glen

Last edited: