belflan's US stock intra day trades

Belfan- I am completely in agreement with Blu-Ray's post - the 'N Minute' indicator is next to the 'holy grail' (imho)- you might like to consider getting professional streaming data source for your TS- in the big scheme of things, the subscription fees, I think is quite insignificant- the tools that we have, if used properly, - your first trade of the month should take care of the fees and leave much extra :D

Raj

Hey Raj,

What data source do you use, Is TS2ki working ok for you now. I’m currently going through a bit of a cash flow problem (related to the credit crunch, well not really, just a bit skint at the mo) therefore I’ll have to make do with what I’ve got for now. My 1st trade in anger will be a while away (approx 4 months away inline with my plan) then I will post my P/L live (every trade, for 6 months, good, bad and ugly)

Cheers
Glen

If the n minute stuff doesn't provide an edge, you might as well just trade the YM or ES, and save yourself a bit of work.

I would be pretty sure that it does.

I too agree with Raj and Blu-Ray, you can't hope to follow the strategy correctly without the correct tools. This will only lead to confusion.

Even with one of the more expensive options Tradestation securities itself trading 5000 shares per month (that is 2500 each way) costs just $40 commission plus $10 market fee. Now Tradestation has also introduced a simulated trading account alongside, so you wouldn't need to keep trading for real for the remainder of the month once you have hit the 5000 shares if you prefer not to.

There are no connection problems, full access to the historical data, latest versions of tradestation and radarscreen - to me it seems a no-brainer,

Charlton

Yes, and I do get the feeling I’m putting of the inevitable move to trade station

I know the fee's would be fine if I was trading 5000 shares a month. But I believe there is so much I can learn first before I even put a trade on the table. Even just running these two threads I have learnt a lot. Tradestation would be quite a expensive option for paper trading (although I'm giving even this consideration)

Can you get the simulated account without a real account?

cheers
Glen

If the n minute stuff doesn't provide an edge, you might as well just trade the YM or ES, and save yourself a bit of work.

I would be pretty sure that it does.

hi dc,

I'm sure to

i just want to understand it better

cheers
Glen

Hey Raj,

What data source do you use, Is TS2ki working ok for you now. I’m currently going through a bit of a cash flow problem (related to the credit crunch, well not really, just a bit skint at the mo) therefore I’ll have to make do with what I’ve got for now. My 1st trade in anger will be a while away (approx 4 months away inline with my plan) then I will post my P/L live (every trade, for 6 months, good, bad and ugly)

Cheers
Glen

I use DTN IQ feed- the computer performance has improved slightly, ie. when it goes to 100%, it is momentary now and comes back to 50s and 60s. I have also installed diskeeper pro version- that might be helping it a bit I guess....lets see how long it holds...

I would set Diskeeper manually, or at least don't have it running in the background during trading hours which can be set in the options. Personally, I run it every few days manually.

Paul

to sim or not to sim

Hey Raj,

Cheers
Glen

IMHO, you cant beat the real thing, you learn so much by live trading, even if you only bought and sold 10-20 stocks at a time.........but good luck with what youre doing it youre on the right track

IMHO, you cant beat the real thing, you learn so much by live trading, even if you only bought and sold 10-20 stocks at a time.........but good luck with what youre doing it youre on the right track

hi wheezergeezer,

Yeah, I hear what your saying here, I need to ‘learn’ the live aspects of trading. However even in these last few days of mucking about on these threads I’ve put certain things in place (in my thought processes) that will reduce my risk once trading live. I guess once I get to a point ‘paper trading’ were I think I’m no longer gaining from it, I’ll go live (or in 4months time, whatever coming first)

Cheers
Glen

Last edited:
looks like it been well technical today,

hope you full timers are making the $$$$$$$$$$$

Glen

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 6
Glen

hehe... after reading this thread and your swing thread, I don't think a day go by when you don't have problems with T2Ki.

I think by not using the n minute change might be counter productive, since basically that's what the whole strategy is based around, for example just because AAPL or RIMM might pop down, when the $indu macci is heading down, it could be a very strong stock on the n minute change. And just looking at how those two babies move, i would not want to be on the wrong side as they can move at least a dollar in no time.

As for how I'm doing, it's actually going frightingly well.....Luckily TS8.3 has just brought out a simulator, so I'm just forward testing it at the moment, as I've been used to trading futures and never been involved with stocks before.

To make the transition a little easier, I narrowed the list of stocks down to about 13. Those being the ones with the greatest daily range, and basically just getting to know them and see how they react/move with the market ....... and as time goes on I'll put the rest back on.

Cheers

Andy

hi andy

can you let me know which 13 your trading with the greatest daily range

cheers
Glen

in waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to early on aapl trade above now is a good entry on aapl

appl closed

10min macci turning down

silly trade (entry)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 5
  • untitled.bmp
    118.2 KB · Views: 5
P/L on those last two trades

= $27

have to say, was craping oneself at on stage