belflan's US stock intra day trades

Running totals

tonights total = $ 27

total total = -$826

Review

what appeared to be a technical day, turned quite non tech tonight

one silly trade taken tonight (1st trade) when set up wasn't quite there

happier with 2nd trades, however looking back, market trending down showing weakness which i spotted, jumping into longs in a weak market? overtrading maybe? I guess if I was wait for short entry i would never have got a trade on tonight... maybe this is what should have happened/ie no trade

need to have a think over week end, set a few ground rules etc.

good week for learning

Glen

hi andy

can you let me know which 13 your trading with the greatest daily range

cheers
Glen

Glen

Here you go, this is the list of 13 I'm currently using, which had the biggest daily range at the beginning of the month when first setting up the strategy.

Cheers

Andy

attachment.php

Attachments

• list.png
    list.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 89
Glen,

It is always good to bear in mind that the trading session is in 3 parts:

(All UK Trading Times)
Morning Session 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Lunch Time Chop 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Afternoon Session 6.30pm to 9.00pm

It is very possible that what is a news day in the morning session becomes a technical day for the afternoon session and vice versa. Bear this in mind as things can and do change.

Paul

Glen

Here you go, this is the list of 13 I'm currently using, which had the biggest daily range at the beginning of the month when first setting up the strategy.

Cheers

Andy

attachment.php
Andy

Thanks for sharing your list. It's interesting that it still pretty much ties up with the list provided by Grey1 for the earlier webinar:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/400519-post47.html

I should add that during his live intraday webinar, Iraj was asked if he had a favourite stock that he tends to trade more tha others and he mentioned RIMM, AAPL and AMAZN as being good for scalping, but the rest being of little use for scalping.

Also in the same session (session 2 on dvd) he menioned the criteria for day trading as being the 25 or so stocks on his list - having good volume so that entries/exits are fast, mostly NASDAQ with narrow spread and good volatility.

Charlton

long appl and rimm

yep, this was a silly trade to. (reading Glenns post)

the Macci 10min was heading down, I had already said the market was week in my previous post (and was going to wait for a short!)

Glen

by the way the picture attached is so i can easily fine my silly trades within the thread (its a pic of me being silly on a night out...lol..)

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    118.2 KB · Views: 5
weekend Review

20 intra day trades taken this week

5 a'hole silly trades

for next weak=

i must not go long in a market i recongise as weak:rolleyes:

I must take notice of macci turns at all levels

i must pay more attention to position sizing

Glen

Last edited: