A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why the EU ponders last 20 mins - moving about 10 pips - I have just made approx 60 pips off the GU and GA

That's the difference you should never forget - don't just intraday the EU

Blimey -

EU moved up over 30 pips - shock horror lol

So far now at 0990

Guess the dollar strength tap got turned off at 2 00 pm ish

GU - 2 00 pm scalp buy worth 50 pips in 20 mins

1 50 pm

back later than i thought

eu

in an approx 45 -50 pip range - ie 0933 to 0980

not keen to scalp it just around 45 to 60 - so will wait and chose better pairs etc

talking of better pairs gu turniing bullish above 5150 now

GU

Here's a great example of a LIVE CALL IN ADVANCE OF THE MOVEMENT - ON A SCALP

I called it approx 10 mins before a great 50 + pip rise in 20 mins

That's the importance of understanding 1 min price structure - not just the PA

My assumption was based on the red/ yellow/ green traffic light structure - saying buy above 1 34 pm and 5150

It worked and the scalp buy was a classic F textbook method

Here's my chart

209160d1449845609-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-gu-50-pips-20-mins-111215.png

Attachments

• GU - 50 pips in 20 mins 111215.png
    GU - 50 pips in 20 mins 111215.png
    60 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
3 02pm

Fairly obvious a pre news set up

Not too much effect on this release - maybe just a bit more dollar strength and euro / pound profit taking

EA

3 09pm

how about 100 pip drop in 8 mins - and I caught some - although not half as many as I should have.

Great movements last 90 mins - shame for all the traders not about to catch this early US session

We are so lucky being located in the correct timezone - ie UK and Western Europe.

4 00 pm

Update

Finished now - off out for early curry tonight - before 6 pm

So far - taken 18 trades today - 2 wrong - minor stuff less than 8 pips and then out the winners quite few scalps over 30 and 50 pips today ( 5 )

A cracking day - helped by the partials off the GA buy - but lots of great scalp moves.

I have scalp traded GA - 6 times
EA - 3 times
EU - 3 times
GU - 4 times
EJ - 2 times

Not includes partial stakes on 5 pairs - - but best GA and EA

This as been mainly over 5 hrs - in hindsight easy could have taken over 22 trades today - but have taken plenty of breaks

Total pip count - depends how you count them - but 280 pips minimum and over 450 pips with all those partials and last night.

Not very often will you hit that count in under 24 hrs on just 2 or 3 trades - that's why you multi trade on multi FX pairs

Will pop in later some time

Have a great weekend

Regards

F

ok gotta scoot sadly

I did pick up some pips from 6am as usd was bear ..........the last hour or so painful as I tried to engineer pips off buying usd ......:cry:

heres 3 pairs to consider if usd keeps coming north

BUT.............its slow progress and next big bar could easily dump it ..........this is minefirld stuff and really i would not be trading unless I had to :sneaky:

later
N

been tied up today so not coming to table now ............well that was a bugger of a 90 mins for me earlier ...........made scrap all really ..........greenback did get better into London session going bull ......

90 mins is not enough for me to score much at the moment :sneaky:

a bit like Spurs ? :p

hahahahaha........they are actually doing ok so wont jinx my fav team :smart:

have a good weekend ...........
N

Attachments

• window was average.JPG
    window was average.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 70
4 00 pm

Update

So far - taken 18 trades today - 2 wrong - minor stuff less than 8 pips and then out the winners quite few scalps over 30 and 50 pips today ( 5 )

A cracking day - helped by the partials off the GA buy - but lots of great scalp moves.

EA - 3 times
EU - 3 times
GU - 4 times
EJ - 2 times

This as been mainly over 5 hrs - in hindsight easy could have taken over 22 trades today - but have taken plenty of breaks

Total pip count - depends how you count them - but 280 pips minimum and over 450 pips with all those partials and last night.

Not very often will you hit that count in under 24 hrs on just 2 or 3 trades - that's why you multi trade on multi FX pairs

Have a great weekend

Regards

F

jeeeeeeess :eek::clap:

you rocked today dude ............well done to you and the others who caught it as well

N

4 00 pm

Update

EA - 3 times
EU - 3 times
GU - 4 times
EJ - 2 times

Have a great weekend

Regards

F

excellent pip action in the market today ........(y)

GBP , Euro and Yen all have clipped the 60 pip line on buys since Asian open
CAD, AUD and NZD have all gone sub -70 pips at times again since Asian
(usd has been a wet weekend compared to theses guys)

so F's GA buys were right on the money !!!....and any combo on pairs above should have seen you ok

by London opens the most we had seen was around 20 pips bull bear from any G8...........the G8 really delivered further pippage in London (20 pip extentions) and then in US (20-30 pip extentions)

nice solid day ...well.........except my 90 mins !!!! :LOL:
N

jeeeeeeess :eek::clap:

you rocked today dude ............well done to you and the others who caught it as well

N

Hi N

Unfortunately not everyday was like yesterday and Thursday - in terms of market movements - but when you have them its nice being full time to be around to take advantage .

Saying that - I missed loads yesterday - it was the end of a good week - I was partly in weekend mode - and so was not expecting so many intraday opportunities.

There is another trader from Hungary called Janus who used to trade under the nic of JohniFX- who I got to know quite well about 4 yrs ago on another forum.

I remember one day - he started early - ( pre 6 am UK time ) and in 12 hrs of intraday trading - taking over 40+ trades ( scalps and swings) he clocked up over 630 pips. He was on a roll and had a bit of help of me and 2 other traders giving hims some "heads up" on about 9 FX pairs - and just totally nailed it.

Trouble is - he was the first do admit there would be no way even on a busy market session that he would have the energy etc to be able to do that every day - to intense etc etc.

When just 3 pairs can provide over 500 pips of trading movements via main rally's in your session - well then you should be able to at least obtain 40-50% of that number- plus more on multi stakes and partials etc

Next week will really be interesting - re the US dollar interest rate news

All the best- enjoy your weekend

Regards

F

Hi N

Unfortunately not everyday was like yesterday and Thursday - in terms of market movements - but when you have them its nice being full time to be around to take advantage .

Saying that - I missed loads yesterday - it was the end of a good week - I was partly in weekend mode - and so was not expecting so many intraday opportunities.

There is another trader from Hungary called Janus who used to trade under the nic of JohniFX- who I got to know quite well about 4 yrs ago on another forum.

I remember one day - he started early - ( pre 6 am UK time ) and in 12 hrs of intraday trading - taking over 40+ trades ( scalps and swings) he clocked up over 630 pips. He was on a roll and had a bit of help of me and 2 other traders giving hims some "heads up" on about 9 FX pairs - and just totally nailed it.

Trouble is - he was the first do admit there would be no way even on a busy market session that he would have the energy etc to be able to do that every day - to intense etc etc.

When just 3 pairs can provide over 500 pips of trading movements via main rally's in your session - well then you should be able to at least obtain 40-50% of that number- plus more on multi stakes and partials etc

Regards

F

i spent an evening scalping gold with him a long time ago. he also does a good line in forks

Hi N

Regards

F

When I was scalping silly numbers a day it drained me rapidly.........as scalpers,you really have to,respect what is possible in a day when it starts to really deliver the pips.......inevitable you tune in more and more and increase intensity.......very difficult to,walk,away until you are truly drained

But no one said it was easy ...right ?
N

When I was scalping silly numbers a day it drained me rapidly.........as scalpers,you really have to,respect what is possible in a day when it starts to really deliver the pips.......inevitable you tune in more and more and increase intensity.......very difficult to,walk,away until you are truly drained

But no one said it was easy ...right ?

Hi N

Been in tonight and whilst having on eye on the tele and eating another takeaway ( guess I am going to put weight on over December ) been looking at 17 copy trading sites etc.

I am keen to look at a few more new challenges next year so looking at the performance of the best traders who seem to have thousands of followers - copy trading them - manually or through copy broker platforms

Zulu and etoro are supposed to be the largest of the 17 I looked at and so picked the top 5 traders with best performance and most followers.

One of the them is averaging 1500 pips on FX every week over last 18 months - and has a load of followers as you can imagine - just trading the Usd / Try and the the AU

Another one is averaging over 2000+ pips a week - but only over last 4 months or so - both have over 75% win ratios - but would I follow them ?

No way - too risky how they are doing it - both look like to me accidents awaiting to happen - especially with no fixed size stops as all and with having up to 30 trades left open over a few days etc etc.

The trouble is the traders who are copying them don't have the experience to understand all the strengths and of course weaknesses of their methods - and so just look for good numbers without really thinking about the risk side.

So far - not been impressed with the trading performances of the traders I have looked at - I am hoping I can at least find a few who have really worked it out

Regards

F

Hi F,

You don't need to look at the other traders....you can be a signal provider by yourself...If you do..you will be the topper among them....:)
That's for sure..

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.