US Indices intraday trading - JULY 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are one cheeky sonofaflyer

funny how we BOTH studied 7 years of data, and came to the same conclusion....are you out to get late night votes AGAIN

It was a straight cut and paste
I edited it before you last post :confused:

B@*?^$d
:cheesy: :cheesy:

Cj

Last edited:
For anyone remotely interested, today was an Oops day - the market gapped up above the highs of the the last two days. This setup was made famous by Larry Williams, I believe. The reasoning, supposedly, is that newbies jump onboard the rocket assuming she's going to make 10,000, only to find that the big boys have other plans, and down she tanks trailing burnt newbies in her wake.

I have read about oops in his book " how I maade a million bucks trading bla di bla diblakj

CJ, you still there :))))))))) :devilish: :devilish: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cool: :!: :LOL:

Last edited:
I am such an idiot!!!!!!!!!

I was just tidying up the notes for some stuff I have been working on, and on a little sticky note I have written : 24th July 2003, watch for intraday reversal on 1 year anniversary"

Boy, my secretary is gonna pay for that one....it is of course exactly last year the market made a low in July....AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

oh, well the bulls will have their work cut out for them, this harmonic cycle is going DOWN

a320 said:
Tom's 268 rule

the 268 rule ( well spotted, you are the first one to ask ) is the result of studying 7 years worth of data...the market has a tendency to reverse on the 268th minute of the day....

there you go :cheesy:

cj

Heya,
Is that 268 mins from the open? So that's around 7pm GMT. Or do you mean every 268 mins in a day?? :?: Ta

BD

I keep quiet this time : :cheesy:

Now that you mention that little gem, the data becomes very very clear!!!! :D

cj

Last edited:
that is indeed 268 minutes from the open and a LOWER high from a morning high,....I am giving too much away here....

CJ, How is my Caroline doing? :cheesy: :cheesy:

tomorrow should be a tricky day...if we follow the path of the 24th last year the market should retrace 50% of the move down today....the path is up but very choppy...

No caroline been typing a message to you :D

She's boss and the Brains :D

cj

Last edited:
I'll have to get you back for that one!!!!!
You caught me well of guard, :D

Take it easy cj

I've just looked back, and 24 July 2002 on ES was one of those rare days when it was pure bliss to trade - opened near the low of the day (773.25) then just rose to close near the high of the day at 847.50.

Yep, one long ride up of an incredible 74.25 points on ES.

Attachments

• july 24 2002 5 min es02u chart.jpg
    july 24 2002 5 min es02u chart.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 773
in trouble now...back to the pool....orders are in and so are stops...

I am highly suspect of this today, because my VIX and TRIN indicators gave me sell signals last night, but it would tie in perfect with the action last year

Attachments

• chart no 39.png
    chart no 39.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 756
Hi Tom/sunseeker, are you on holiday with luisa boysone from cnbc???? (excuse spelling)

Last edited:
Tom,
You are showing all the signs of someone who is addicted to the markets :) Go and spend your time with your family, bad lad.

well, I went against the path due to the VIX and TRIN. I may regret it, but that sell-off last night, whatever those idiots at bubblevision are telling you it was a mistake, I dont think so,,,it coincided with a VIX sell signal

Status
Not open for further replies.