US Indices intraday trading - JULY 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom,

I don't live in the Isles of Scilly. My Mum's side of the family used to live there and it would be great to return one day.

Helen, I felt like that. Very, very annoying today. Won't take it personally today... now. Last time I play football. Missed some fu. Tom your right, your hand writing is not to scale. But wish I'd been here to trade the turning point. Good call. At least we won at footy...
thanks for themessage Tom. :cheesy:

DanielLambert said:
A320,

Dont mean to sound facetious...... but were you doing a headstand when you posted about your program trading system at 7pm?

:rolleyes:

Pleased to see that someone else is bemused. At 7:26 pm SUNSEEKER posted the following....."oh, I hope you guys went short as per the path"

Am I missing something or has the Emperor really got a new outfit ?

Big Program sell trades on S&P futures came at the same time that there was a report a plane had come too close to USAF 1 with Dubwa on it!

:eek:

DanielLambert said:
Big Program sell trades on S&P futures came at the same time that there was a report a plane had come too close to USAF 1 with Dubwa on it!

:eek:

Is this a reply to my post ?

Attachments

• 24.7.03.gif
    24.7.03.gif
    22.5 KB · Views: 393
Nice Bigbusiness!!

Next time I'll just say there's a move coming :cheesy: :eek:

those mischievous planets :cry:

Cheers a320

i have to laugh a little at my last post. I was expecting a sell-off towards the end of the day, and I was so fixed on my 268 rule that i forgot the path did not show drop until a little later....i feel like a prat, and I hate to say it but i got 120 Dow points out of it...

thge path was fine until late in the day...when I went short it was as I said due to the 268 rule, and I was just waiting for something to hang my hat on...that long red candle after 7 pm was all I needed....

Pleased to see that someone else is bemused. At 7:26 pm SUNSEEKER posted the following....."oh, I hope you guys went short as per the path"

Am I missing something or has the Emperor really got a new outfit ?

SORRY, I didnt even look and i was just one step ahead of myself but a signal is a signal, path or no path...I hope no one got burned using it.....

~I know there will be questions about the 268 rule...it sounds well posh but it isnt.

I am too tired to type out all the rule now, so I will post it tomorrow morning, if someone could gently remind me....right now I am enjoying a glass of whiskey and cola

I felt the path made good money in the "morning" but towards the end of the day it failed..... It must have been Venus going retrograde to Mercury :) or A320's hedonistic tribal escapades!!!

good night

The inside info was right,
Its me that miss read it :cry: I'll blame caroline for distracting me :D

Cj

would anyone see this as a failure to move higher, when we make a new 5 day high and the fail in the final 2 hours on no news in particular.....I have not done any study in this but I think I will now....hmm, long night

Caroline, I pitty you, being blamed..you are clearly the brain in that venture :( :)

This pattern looks like a real breakdown pattern....if 975 goes the bears will be salivating

AbbeyFn says:
Market Close Update for Thursday 24 July 2003

Just a quick update tonight. Today’s high is best counted as a wave 2 for the indexes. I have relabeled the Dow chart. Today’s highs are now the key resistance levels for my bearish stance though, levels are QQQ 32.02, SPX 998.89 and the Dow 9281.42, as long as these levels hold I would look for a 3rd wave down to begin now. As noted yesterday, I need to see weekly closing lows for tomorrow or I will cover 1/3 of my bearish positions. Initial target for the Dow is 8800 by Monday’s close. The XAU broke above my stop level. I will update the XAU chart on Friday. The XAU should be heading above 90 in wave C of its final leg up from the 2001 lows. Once this leg ends the XAU should come back to below 55. For now, I am neutral the XAU.

http://www.abbeyfn.com/Longwill/Archive/07_2003/LR_07_24_2003_close.htm

Tom's 268 rule

the 268 rule ( well spotted, you are the first one to ask ) is the result of studying 7 years worth of data...the market has a tendency to reverse on the 268th minute of the day....

there you go :cheesy:

cj

Last edited:
The 268 rule was mentioned earlier in the thread :cheesy: - I just use 14:00ET, sometimes a little before, sometimes a little after, and other times on the nose.

For anyone remotely interested, today was an Oops day - the market gapped up above the highs of the the last two days. This setup was made famous by Larry Williams, I believe. The reasoning, supposedly, is that newbies jump onboard the rocket assuming she's going to make 10,000, only to find that the big boys have other plans, and down she tanks trailing burnt newbies in her wake.

There's quite a nice little lecture on Oops setups here:
http://tfms.webhost4life.com/DB/Members/ClassesDetail.aspx?ClassID=36

Status
Not open for further replies.