Trading the E-mini

Long @ 40

Trade scratched

Watched it tag the NVPOC

Wasn't sure whether it was going to turn so waited for a bit more of a sign

Then it just took off without me

That's ES for you............

Say it ain't so amigo!

Was today not perhaps a day for averaging in, considering the nature of the games being played?

Last edited:
Say it ain't so amigo!

Was today not perhaps a day for averaging in, considering the nature of the games being played?

Tis' true oh chosen FX one. I thought 40 was pretty solid. I thought if I'd scratch I would have got a better entry. Then I missed the better entry because it was too quick.

All or nothing I'm afraid.

Tis' true oh chosen FX one. I thought 40 was pretty solid. I thought if I'd scratch I would have got a better entry. Then I missed the better entry because it was too quick.

All or nothing I'm afraid.

the US morning session has been a toughy over most instruments. repeated fake outs and double backs across the board. I think if you have come out of the US morning session at scratch or with small losers then it's not too bad.

might be anecdotal but I heard on the radio this morning that residents of Boston were being advised to stay in and not go to work with this crazy 2nd gunman at large. Would this have influenced volumes in the pit on the big S&P? :smart:

just coming up to R1 @ 48

the US morning session has been a toughy over most instruments. repeated fake outs and double backs across the board. I think if you have come out of the US morning session at scratch or with small losers then it's not too bad.

might be anecdotal but I heard on the radio this morning that residents of Boston were being advised to stay in and not go to work with this crazy 2nd gunman at large. Would this have influenced volumes in the pit on the big S&P? :smart:

Boston is in near lockdown. MIT and Cambridge Universities are closed, Schools, businesses, banks, etc are closed. Travel is severely restricted. Police are conducting door to door search. This guy will most likely go down swinging.

No doubt this is affecting trading volumes.

Peter

Boston is in near lockdown. MIT and Cambridge Universities are closed, Schools, businesses, banks, etc are closed. Travel is severely restricted. Police are conducting door to door search. This guy will most likely go down swinging.

No doubt this is affecting trading volumes.

Peter

I hope he leaves a note. Everyone is wondering what the motive was.

Yesterday after the 10am news was the same - consolidate, everyone jumps in, then consolidates, then off the other way. I think it's a combination of indecision and too much money floating about looking for a punt.

It's an odd market but it is very interesting.

16th April

We dropped back into the 1530-1570 range we’d been in for a month and now we are back into it. The brackets of that range may hold the market.

I concur.... :LOL:

22nd April

I still see this range being in effect.

Weekly Numbers
Last Weeks Range - 1530.75 -> 1583
Last Weeks Value - 1536 -> 1561
Weekly R1 1576.75, PP 1553.75, S1 1524.50

Todays Numbers
Yesterdays Range 1536.25 -> 1550.75
Yesterdays Value 1544 -> 1550.25
Globex Range 1548.50 -> 1557.50
Fridays settlement 1547.50

Overnight action broke out above Fridays range, so off the open I'll be looking to see if sellers jump on that and push it back into Fridays Value or Fridays value gets rejected. I still have 1570 as a target, to the upside, I don't see anything in the way of that other than globex high 1557.50, then last weeks value 1561 and Wednesdays high of 1558.75. Should be ok if we can get through that patch.

So FESX hitting support at roughly the same time as ES is hitting NVPOC at 46.75

Time for the bus long?

Copped a lucky one today, for some reason I had 55.25 marked as Fridays VAH which was totally wrong.

As we came up to it, we traded 4700 contracts into the offer @ 55 and so I sold into the bid when I saw that. After entry I realized that the level was wrong, fridays VAH was 50.25 but I stayed with it, it went 3 ticks against and I scaled @ 53.50, 52.50, 51.75 and 49.50.

I half think I shouldn't take that as a win but I did say I'd be looking for sellers to jump in & push it down into value, so I give myself half a point for that one.

Took a long - we pushed up from 42.75

+13 ticks, 29k contracts
-6 ticks, 9k contracts
+15 ticks, 45k contracts

That put us @ 1548.25 which was the overnight low, still I thought a pullback trade would be OK. Keeping in mind that this 'pullback' could be a bonce off the ONL for another look @ the lows.

Took a long at -7 ticks 46.50. We hit 46.25 and then went back up to 47.50. Got a scale off there. Next scale was at 48.50 and it traded but I didn't get a fill.

Pullback ended up being -8 ticks, 15k contracts.
Move up after my entry was +9 tick, 12k contracts. Sort of losing speed.

As we came back down to 46.50, there was 900 bid there and they started pulling as it go there so I bailed. Just a point.

Going to call it a day.

23rd April

I'm still looking @ 1570 to the upside with 1561.25 possibly providing some resistance (last weeks VAH). Above 1570, I'll be looking to see if the range holds or we reverse back down to the opposite end of the range to 1530

Weekly Numbers
Last Weeks Range - 1530.75 -> 1583
Last Weeks Value - 1536 -> 1561
Weekly R1 1576.75, PP 1553.75, S1 1524.50

Todays Numbers
Yesterdays Range 1542.75 -> 1561
Yesterdays Value 1544.25 -> 1555.25
Globex Range 1548.75 -> ???
Yesterday settlement 1556

Nice run up overnight & volume is above average so I'm on guard for a run up to 1570, although it could well all be over by the 9:30am open. New home sales @ 10am. Just a bit of caution for the upside because although Globex is up, we aren't that far ahead of yesterdays high, so a sell off into yesterdays value is still on the cards.

Most of my levels are below the market but that does mean we are at an extreme!

Just so you know:

Resistance - broadly between 67.75 to 70.75
1 SD north of yesterday's settlement price - 67.00
NVPOC's at 69.00 and 72.25

It's a clusterfnck of stuff around here as well as it being an LVN

Ok this will gap up, and the gap up will mean new buyers coming into the market, as the shorts will have been squeezed out by this point (last 2 days).

So as soon as we see evidence of the new buyers pulling back we can take a safe short, and then wait for the cause and effect to take place.

So as long as we stay below 78 june then the major swing will be downside.

By the time we get to 70 we should have used all the new buyers, and should see stalling in momentum.

Back later.

G/L