Trading the E-mini

It's base building up here but it looks like one of those messy ones that form before a leg down. Staying in.

It's base building up here but it looks like one of those messy ones that form before a leg down. Staying in.

A difficult fade this given the overall whole market strength...the sort of trade we can be in for hrs and get nowhere.

But G/L it might work for a smallish target.

PS. Are you on drugs m8? sos couldn't resist:LOL:

Scratched - looking for a better entry

Looking for this to prod into 74.5 to 75even then a short, with stop at 78.5 (june)

time now 4.30pm uk.

1st half to be off at 67 then hold remainder into close (if we get chance).

Wont force the trade, especially due to the stubborn nature, but we are stalling here, so will wait and try to pounce should the chance present itself.

Looking for this to prod into 74.5 to 75even then a short, with stop at 78.5 (june)

time now 4.30pm uk.

1st half to be off at 67 then hold remainder into close (if we get chance).

Wont force the trade, especially due to the stubborn nature, but we are stalling here, so will wait and try to pounce should the chance present itself.

Ha, tried to be a clever a**e and sat on 75 even, no fill, and have to go away for a bit, so everything pulled.

Will take a look at the action when I get back.

Well just before one sets off, I see the liquidation has kicked off into 1st zone. You cant win them all, the thought was there I suppose:cry:

Crikey, that was a big sweep. The only thing happening was a 2yr bond auction. Anyway must go, talking to yourself is a sign of insanity:whistling

Last edited:
Looks like someone need a flash crash to exit a losing short position :sleep:

White House Associated Press twitter account was hacked. So much for Dept of Boneland Security.

Peter

Last edited:
The interesting point of this though, without wanting to cause a stir, is that it is uncanny how the news tends to flow with the underlying condition of the market.

In this instance, the market had no more real buyers about, but no reason to fall either, so the news just "helped" matters along to take price to the 1st level on the downside. Granted it was very fast, but it is a lesson to those that just stay in the market without listening to what it was saying.

In this case; longs were to be exited anytime after 3.30pm uk time as there was ample amounts of evidence that the market was struggling to go higher. This does not mean that we automatically switch to a short position, it just means we at least remain neutral. So when the fall did happen you can watch the action from the sidelines.

The outcome would have been totally different had there been a barrage of buyers at the point of the news outbreak, as there would have been a battle in play, but there were no buyers to combat the sell off, hence liquidation (in the majority) took control.

All very interesting, and what would have been the likely outcome if the news had been good? Remember positions cannot be invented out of thin air.

So going into tomorrow, the underlying condition has not really changed, the market is very vulnerable at these levels.

Anyway, stay safe to those trading the rest of the week.

WTF has happened whilst I was out?

72 to 57 and back again in 6 minutes?????!!!!!

I was also out for mothers birthday tea :LOL:
Came back to a 4 position close on dow cash, various entries and targets.
Whole thing done in 3 mins. Luverly job

I was also out for mothers birthday tea :LOL:
Came back to a 4 position close on dow cash, various entries and targets.
Whole thing done in 3 mins. Luverly job

So it was you, CV.

Dang it, man. Next up you're going to crash the market, Mr. Livermore. :mad:

Looks like someone need a flash crash to exit a losing short position :sleep:

White House Associated Press twitter account was hacked. So much for Dept of Boneland Security.

Peter

I don't think homeland security actually secure twitter accounts...