Trading the E-mini

Uncanny action today on the SP.

Opened at 1578.78, closed at 1578.78. I guess you get to see everything in the market...

Out for dinner yesterday - tomorrow too - making the most of the Mother in law being here...

April 25th

Up down or sideways - take your pic. We popped above the range again, so now we see if we can stay up her and gun for 1590's when the pit session opens or if we fall down and attempt to go back into the range. The top of the range (1570) may turn into support but if it doesn't, no reason we won't see 1530 again.

Weekly Numbers
Last Weeks Range - 1530.75 -> 1583
This Weeks Developing Value - 1554.50 -> 1579
Weekly R1 - 1576.75, PP 1553.75

Daily Numbers
Yesterdays Range - 1570.75 (pit) ->1578.50 (1578.75 globex)
Yesterdays Value (pit) - 1573.00 -> 1576.50
Globex Range - 1570.75 -> 1582.75
Settlement - 1574.00

The 1570 really does look the most significant. Off the open, on the lookout for sellers to move us back into yesterdays value.

I've been overwatching the market lately.

Was gunning for 88s but thought wtf when it hit 86s and got out. Now I feel like a tard.

Out for 43 points.

Thanks man. My bond position not looking great.

I usually hate weekends but I def need a break this week.

Ok, this still looks tired here, so will look to see if I can get a short at 83 even (june), stop 87even, with target 73 even.

This is more of a swing style trade, from a pre market POV. My style normally involves seeing the price move to these levels, rather than just entering because it hits the level.

So I will be waiting for these areas today, and will decide if there is a trade or not.

Trade well!

Ok, this still looks tired here, so will look to see if I can get a short at 83 even (june), stop 87even, with target 73 even.

This is more of a swing style trade, from a pre market POV. My style normally involves seeing the price move to these levels, rather than just entering because it hits the level.

So I will be waiting for these areas today, and will decide if there is a trade or not.

Trade well!

Only had 1 attempt higher, these are harder to time, so not going to chase it, already at 76.

Orders pulled.

I found yesterday tricky - but I found today easier as I spent it in a bar playing pool.

I thought yesterday was going to be a range but it kept building the profile as it went up - left me with no real premise for a short and no real inclination to go long either.

FESX is looking like a goer for me although the whole of this week has been low key for me on both FESX and ES since it put that low in. Will probably give it another few weeks on sim just yet.

what are your trading schedules like?

Do you trade all day or just certain times?

Since I started daytrading FGBL I've been going a bit er mental...when all I daytraded was FTSE I'd wait till volume died about an hour into the open then I'd bugger off. I want to trade a scalable market though.

what are your trading schedules like?

Do you trade all day or just certain times?

Since I started daytrading FGBL I've been going a bit er mental...when all I daytraded was FTSE I'd wait till volume died about an hour into the open then I'd bugger off. I want to trade a scalable market though.

They are turning into longer days now and I am not sure I like it tbh. I am dialled into FESX from 8am through to about 10.30am and if nothing has happened by then, I give it a rest until about 1.30pm before US comes online. I have found the change in routine quite disruptive. It doesn't help that FESX is on sim right now and I keep getting the urge to skip sessions or just move straight into real tradeable size for me which I know is daft seeing as I'm trying to find my sea legs and adjust what I do in ES to fit with FESX. Also FESX due to it's more 'gentlemanly' manners is throwing up other set-ups that I wouldn't consider on ES because they are more marginal. So I'm working quite hard in the way you do in that assessment/try-out phase. Brings back memories of when I was trying to get my head around ES but without the torture of trading ES, if that makes sense.

BTW - now I am having a good sniff at FESX, I am questioning my sanity deciding to learn to trade ES as my first market. I must have been on something when I made that choice.

Short 77.50

Out at 79.00

That's me done this week. Later boys.

Last edited: