Trading the E-mini

BTW lads, after that conversion about placing an order 20 ticks away and also doing it on FESX, I have been watching FESX for the last week or so. Does anybody actively trade this with say, more than 100 lots? What is the liquidity like as contract volumes seem quite low. Is Eurex reliable - I have heard stories of it going up and down, etc, etc

Whilst I don't trade 100 lots - I do trade Eurex thru IB - not the best broker for Eurex but OK for me.

Howsabout a session on Skype say - next Monday just after the London open, I can show you what I do on FESX and how it differs from what I do on ES...

'cause like a tart, you added me to Skype but don't appear to have logged on afterwards. I should at least get a kiss. :love:

Looked like an Open Drive - got long at 70.75 on the main thrust up.

Decided to change to an Open-Test-Drive, get stopped out at 68.75

Never re-entered.........

Kind of misfired today. Ah well.

@Pedro - yes, I will have a little cuddle with you on Monday. Quite liking the look of FESX - it seems slightly more reliable off S/R on the hourly and lacks the 'crack' like ferocity of ES - bit smoother, but less pokey/fiery. The 100 lot thing was a rough place - about $1k per pt. In reality will be anywhere between $500 and $2k depending on size of balls, how I'm feeling, whether I had a row with the wife, etc, etc

BTW - I don't usually use skype (googletalk on all time) - I would only turn it on especially for you xxxx

e2a @ 16:10 - very annoyed with self now for not re-entering and getting low ticked..going to shut down charts for rest of day.

Last edited:
Just getting back into it after the big day....

weddingpic_zpse7ce855c.jpg

Looks like a Bollywood movie poster....

11th April

We’ve had an upside breakout from the top of the range , now all eyes on seeing whether we can sustain these prices or fall back into value of the past month, which is the 1530-1570 range. Unemployment news might shake things up a bit.

11-04-201302-18-52_zps10852e34.png

8:30am – Unemployment, Import Prices.
Levels to watch

1569 – Break out point.
1527.75, 1575.50
Yesterdays Value – 1578 – 1584.50
Yesterdays Range – 1561 (Globex) /1567 (PIT) -> 1584.50

As of writing, it looks like we might open within yesterdays value & will be watching that first off.

What a great picture Pete - who's that with your wife?

Trading wise, looking for a strong rejection off a high, sustained for a while to take a short for a ride down to 67 area. Not sure it will come today. If not, doubt there is anything interesting but you never know.

Do any of you guys look at pivot points? The reason is I use them successfully on other instruments, I dialed up a chart of the ES and it looks like they are quite well respected especially the 1st approach to a new pivot. Today's price action has seen some nice interactions with the Weekly R2, Monthly R1 & Daily R1.

Do any of you guys look at pivot points? The reason is I use them successfully on other instruments, I dialed up a chart of the ES and it looks like they are quite well respected especially the 1st approach to a new pivot. Today's price action has seen some nice interactions with the Weekly R2, Monthly R1 & Daily R1.

No dude - never. Always thought it was voodoo. :p

You going to give it a go for a few days amigo?

No dude - never. Always thought it was voodoo. :p

You going to give it a go for a few days amigo?

It's all voodoo, mate. The only safeguard a trader has is that he can control his risk, If stop losses did not exist I would have been out of trading within weeks, probably days, of starting.

On this, and most other trading threads, posters have been forecasting a bear market for months. It has not happened and bears have been eaten alive. Now that opinion is changing, everyone is switching to a bull tack.

I know what will happen, but the when part is a problem.....:)

Never mind, we must keep trying.

I may well have a dabble soon dude been doing some nice volatility breakouts on oil. GTTY.

Tell more dude - I've always had a fancy for oil after someone else suggested it to me as an alternative market. Seems to have the volatility of ES but a bit more batsh1t crazy......:clap:

Tell more dude - I've always had a fancy for oil after someone else suggested it to me as an alternative market. Seems to have the volatility of ES but a bit more batsh1t crazy......:clap:

Will drop you a pm mate. GTTY

this'll be interesting.
price is so far adrift of it's "mean", will it dive back down ?
or continue with momentum to the upside

well, early doors, i'm set up for a Long from 85, target 91 as a re-test of yesterday's highs
I'd then be looking to go Short from 91
unless price can break above 95, it's artificial pivot resistance, in which case who the fkkk knows how high this b@st@ard could go ?

alternatively, if the Long at 85 doesn't even kick in, it's downhill all the way from 81 .....

It is loitering 1 SD from settlment - how it responds here is key. I reckon it will bounce, test the high then sell-off properly.

Famous last words.....