Trading ES (Q1 2004)

CM - brilliant comment! :) just jokingly - r we all startin to call our systems and approaches "grails" after Raschke? :) she must've spread the buzzword - LOL

Slp, Not paid that much attention to volume as yet, but I note in particular how the high vol at 1100 est picked the low of the day so far.

CM, Thx for your comments, I shall not give up, and whilst I have been observing the market via D4F charts for a while, I'm only in my second week with a proper chart feed. I should have done it months ago, and considered the fees to be a cost of learning.

Have made one totally c**p trade today which I'll post later.

If there's anyone out there thinking of having a go with either China's or CM's system, one bit of advice I feel able to give at this early stage is get a live charting package and pay the money.
I felt that I couldn't justify this until I was trading for real, and already I know this is a mistake. When the experienced guys/gals post their end of day charts here, it all seems so obvious, but it's far more dificult in real time even if you do know the theory.

hampy

China, At the 1800 time pivot do you now consider this to be a trend up day?

Thx, hampy

Volume

Double topon lower volume. The ES MACD wants to break one way or the other.

Attachments

• dow 5min250.png
    dow 5min250.png
    152 KB · Views: 300
Knock three times on the window. Twice on the pipe. Who sang that and wasn't it crap. That's the 1970's for you.

no hampy - dow/comp r both above 0.5 % and thez no 2:1 or more sort of thing

ndx is actually lagging spx. sox lagging comp, banks at par with spx

absolutely no-trend imo hampy. can u pls tell me why u thot it was a trend? i think it may actually be quite important

China, Have a US Market Watch window open in 1 corner showing change, and % change. I had seen all your points but didn't know whether, with all the indicies well into positive territory, you would class it as a trend up day, or whether you strictly needed the 2:1 or better.

hampy

matey - by the time of your post - I am assuming u r referring to 14:10 high.

ES making HH, tick making HH, macd of tick making at least EH (histogramme) or HH (signal). we travel further at higher speed with acceleration not going down :) I stayed long - well unless u go for quick 16 teenies' scalp - thez another leg up coming.

market watch

hampy this is what i look at like a hungry hawk :cheesy:

Attachments

• us market watch.jpg
    us market watch.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 243
China, you may be right as there was no lower low on the 10 min chart I posted above, but we've now had one, so all we need is a higher high, and off we go again.

stoploss - many thx for the link - but honestly no it does not interest me.

when u c "lessons from the pros" followed by "subscribe" - my advice - close the window :) by all chances it is some analyst or quant who was laid off from his/her bank/fund in 2001-02 willing to make some ducats posting charts. I can post 100 charts like that free - but I do appreciate other ppl's time so Iam not posting it. :)

btw - this securities brokers index addition - is quite recent - an idea of my trading partner and personal mate. he reckons that XBD may be an even better secondary cross on SPX when u look for the leading sector than banks. my first test was checking betas - it confirmed that XBD had a higher beta to SPX than both banks. Raw material - we r still looking into it. Any inputs will be appreciated.

sox

may be mega important.

sox knocking at 514 level 3rd time which "accidentally" hap's to be 50% fib. IMO either way we r in for a real big move in the mrkt:

Attachments

• semi5.jpg
    semi5.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 225
2 off-topic comments - hope u'll excuse me - we all need a laugh on Monday night :)

1) regarding the "holy grail". do u know that Hitler actually sent an SS team to look for the holy grail to the Alps where it had been apparently hidden by "Tamplieri" - who were wiped off by the Roman Catholic Church in the 12th century? I personally heard from some grandkids of the krauts who fled to Chile, Brasil and Argentina in 1945 - that thez a persistent rumour that they actually found it - and then the whole SS team (along with the holy grail of coz :) ) misteriously disappered. A joke - probably yes - amazingly tho there was a case at Nurnberg war crime trial regarding that SS team - nothing was proved, noone was found.....

2) I jus realised 2 things: i am now a "veteran member" and my avatar looks suspiciously like my Brasilian g/f. what the fcuk is going on? :) i am not even 35 to be a veteran firstly, secondly who made that avatar???? :)

china,

It ocurred to me a while back that if MER (which I had been watching for sometime anyhow) is valid as part of Mohan's high5 then why would not XBD be a broader, more applicable index to follow?

Haven't had time to check it out thoroughly (MER certainly has it's merits though) 'cos having read back through all of Skim's posts I have been intrigued/inspired enough to really try and get to grips with ES volume again after many years of igoring all but the "spikey bits".

pesky wabbit... ;)