My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

T2W server is slow probably. That's why it's happening.
But how longer Lr could be wrong?
This is my Ctrader GU chart in the morning. It is exactly same.
View attachment 216266 Marked the 8AM UK time.

About Pullback..I really don't know how to enter. For example on GU chart, if I really need to enter after pullback then i would enter after 4268. But I would get stopped anyway when it fall back from 4255 zone.

Also, For example range is 1-100. 100 is the top. Market touched 102 & then went back to 70. I shouldn't be waiting to buy from 70? instead of buying above 102? as I know the trend is up. So 70 will give me better price?

Looking for your view on this.

Thank you
Regards

Hi Sun

First thing we do is get bias from Lits and Price structure

On Gu this morning above 50 / 53 it was bullish

You were correct needed under 30 and 25 for bearish

So in a bullish PS - you favour scalp buys on pullbacks

In you mind you say - Ideally I buy above 50 / 53 -= if you got stopped for 5 pips - you know you can only carry on selling under 30 and 27

So when it stays in LiTS area and goes back over 50/ 53 its a buy again

From clearly after 7 30 am and 8 oo a m for me LRs are in a buy structure - and PA gave HH;s and H'L's on price above 7 30 / 8 00 am for approx 90 mins

So 90 mins of price going up approx 40+ pips

Why you are getting stopped out and confused - it made the basic move you knew to buy

ie - above 50 / 53

Lrs said buy

PA said buy - so even thought you lost 10 pips on EU you should be thinking I need to buy now as price is making new highs and going up

This is were you need a calm head and confidence in your reading of PA

If you are up say 14 pips or 18 pips - you know a 5 pip pullback is nothing you are still in profit - but if you buy at a price high on move up a 5 pip pullback makes you have to take a loss

Timing is King - in scalping and intraday

We need to focus all your efforts on getting your timing correct and watching PA etc better

Still worried about your long LRs - is this on ctrader or mt4 Sun ?

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

No I will not take trade without sharing my view on your thread, as you said.
As said earlier about the GU lits. This was my chart on GU.
View attachment 216236
I marked the london start time.
I got blown up 1 hour before that up movement. I bought from lits area 53 & then when it failed I sold which got stopped out for 10 pips.

On my chart lits was 53-27. I guess my lits counting was wrong...I counted lits based on the start of the UK 0:00 & 3 longer LR position.

This is my GU LR Chart Sun

Notice longest Lr dots stayed under the main red yellow green ones all day so far saying a bull PS

216282d1454343110-my-journal-pathways-improvement-gu-1216-pm.png

Attachments

• GU - 1216 PM.png
    GU - 1216 PM.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 698
Hi Peter,

Spotted the problem easily. You can't blame MT4 ..:p
I use line 9 LRs: 10 - 16 - 27 - 60 - 80 - 105 - 240 - 300 – 450
450 is my max.

Last day GU chart I have matched with both platform with same LRs.
This is GU on MT4:
attachment.php

This is GU on CTrader with same LR:
attachment.php

I don't see any difference. Ctrader Chart is just little wide.
I think the longer lr you are talking about, Is more longer than my 450. :)

Your Dot Lrs should be higher than 450. I can't find it even with Ctrader.

Regards
S.

Attachments

• GU last day.png
    GU last day.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 771
  • Ctrader GU last day.png
    Ctrader GU last day.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 775
Last edited:
Hi Peter,

Spotted the problem easily. You can't blame MT4 ..:p
I use line 9 LRs: 10 - 16 - 27 - 60 - 80 - 105 - 240 - 300 – 450
450 is my max.

Last day GU chart I have matched with both platform with same LRs.
This is GU on MT4:
attachment.php

This is GU on CTrader with same LR:
attachment.php

I don't see any difference. Ctrader Chart is just little wide.
I think the longer lr you are talking about, Is more longer than my 450. :)

Your Dot Lrs should be higher than 450. I can't find it even with Ctrader.

Regards
S.

Morning Sun

Something is wrong here

My longest LR is 450 atm

Are you using on ctrader mt4 and not ctraders own platform??

Also - remember a week or so ago - you had it matching - ???

Something very strange

As you know - I am not a MT4 fan - but your ctrader before matched up when we spotted the difference before ??

Are you using a web ctrader - you do need it off the ctrader platform - and non mt4 version

Without the correct 450 LR version - you will not get the structure correct ?

Regards

Peter

Also Sun - I cannot really read your LR structure on either of your charts

There is no traffic light sequence etc and i have no idea which is the longest 1 or 2 lrs on your set up

Check my set up out again

You have the longests as the dots - and on a bull bias under the rest with the predominate mid LRs - red yellow green in a traffic light sequence etc

On your charts - all I see is a bunch of LRs all confusing - ie no structure format - all crossing and intertwined ??

Do you follow here what I mean ? - this is just not helping you with the bias on dynamic price structure flow

Regards

Peter

Also Sun - I cannot really read your LR structure on either of your charts

There is no traffic light sequence etc and i have no idea which is the longest 1 or 2 lrs on your set up

Check my set up out again

You have the longests as the dots - and on a bull bias under the rest with the predominate mid LRs - red yellow green in a traffic light sequence etc

On your charts - all I see is a bunch of LRs all confusing - ie no structure format - all crossing and intertwined ??

Do you follow here what I mean ? - this is just not helping you with the bias on dynamic price structure flow

Regards

Peter

Re GU this morning for clarification

Under 4450 / 65 its in a down bias under Lits

It only goes bullish above 60 / 65

So you favour scalp sells on pullbacks from price falls

Do not sell at a price fall low - sell as the price retraces and then stalls etc etc

Also watch out for 30 min rules on a new low

Last edited:
Good Morning Peter,

Thanks for looking at it.

As I told you earlier running on limited net connection during shifting process. Well, I used Ctrader web platform.

On my mt4 chart. I have 3 longer LR in yellow setup.
Can you please send me your LR template?
Then I will upload it on ctrader desktop version & we can match better with the colors.

This is the last day GU chart on my C trader desktop version.
Ctrader GU last day desktop.png

Regards

Good Morning Peter,

Thanks for looking at it.

As I told you earlier running on limited net connection during shifting process. Well, I used Ctrader web platform.

On my mt4 chart. I have 3 longer LR in yellow setup.
Can you please send me your LR template?
Then I will upload it on ctrader desktop version & we can match better with the colors.

This is the last day GU chart on my C trader desktop version.
View attachment 216344

Regards

Will try and do a screenshot and send to you during next 15 mins

Stay relaxed and calm and ideally dont just jump into scalps atm - until you see a really good set up - not just one for 3 or 5 pips

(y)

Will try and do a screenshot and send to you during next 15 mins

Stay relaxed and calm and ideally dont just jump into scalps atm - until you see a really good set up - not just one for 3 or 5 pips

(y)

My longest 2 dots are 449 and 450

Attachments

• LR 449 longest.png
    LR 449 longest.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 192
Those 2 or 3 - ie 425 / 449 / 450 are crucual on price structure

All other Lrs need to be above or below them for bias

Sorry with me not being around much this morning cannot copy other 7 so will do later - but you have those - its the colours we can get right later

Hi F,

Not taking any trades yet. Set up process is going on...:D
Although my Cent NDD account is ready to roll.

Instead of making screenshot. Why don't you send me the template file? It saves time for both of us.
My Computer > Libraries > Documents > Ctrader > Template.

There you see template files. Just share that file. It will be faster. Don't worry it doesn't share any financial info...its just the template file.

If you don't have any template. Then save your template in any name. If you will find that file on template folder.

Hi F,

Not taking any trades yet. Set up process is going on...:D
Although my Cent NDD account is ready to roll.

Instead of making screenshot. Why don't you send me the template file? It saves time for both of us.
My Computer > Libraries > Documents > Ctrader > Template.

There you see template files. Just share that file. It will be faster. Don't worry it doesn't share any financial info...its just the template file.

If you don't have any template. Then save your template in any name. If you will find that file on template folder.

Hi Sun

Back off a school run and now out to Nottingham to see Daughter at Uni in a bit - whilst also popping to see relative in hospital - busy morning - not back to US session unfortunately

Its key your LR set up is correct

I am worried your 450 is nothing like mine atm - as thats the key one for bias and structure etc

Will try and send templates later

You scalp 3 to 5 LRs always been OK

Its the mid range and definite long 3 which are not correct and not helping you atm - if anything they are confusing your readings

I sugggest you read my thread this morning's comments and see if you would agree with my comments on EU / GU / EA and EJ etc

GL and work on set up etc - and if you scalp and get more than 2 in a row wrong - stop

Regards

Peter

Hi Sun

Back off a school run and now out to Nottingham to see Daughter at Uni in a bit - whilst also popping to see relative in hospital - busy morning - not back to US session unfortunately

Its key your LR set up is correct

I am worried your 450 is nothing like mine atm - as thats the key one for bias and structure etc

Will try and send templates later

You scalp 3 to 5 LRs always been OK

Its the mid range and definite long 3 which are not correct and not helping you atm - if anything they are confusing your readings

I sugggest you read my thread this morning's comments and see if you would agree with my comments on EU / GU / EA and EJ etc

GL and work on set up etc - and if you scalp and get more than 2 in a row wrong - stop

Regards

Peter

Hello Peter,

I spent today studying charts & comparing Ctrader desktop version.
I observed that my LR on MT4 is ok upto LR 240. After that it's wrong.
That's a strange thing, I couldn't figure why its not working after 240.

I understand that longer LR is essential to trade with the bias. So until I figure it out, I have to work with Ctrader Desktop version, no matter how hard it gets. :|

I will go through your post on your thread.

Hope your relative is ok...
Have a nice day...

No problem you can share your template later. No hurry.
Regards
Sun

Understanding Price structure Bias in a Session

This is for Sun and all followers of my method involving LR's and time windows - along with levels and TL's etc

The quick short Lrs are all for just scalping - ie either direction for 3 to 10 pips normally

The Price structure bias is from the 3 longest Lrs - its gives me a dynamic LiTS AREA for change from a bear or bull PS to the opposite

I am showing 2 charts from today

EU - just 2 bias PS - morning bull - afternoon bear

216452d1454442409-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-eu-2216-bias-areas.png

EJ - 3 bias areas so more interesting - shown in rectangles

216454d1454442409-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ej-2216-bias-areas.png

This is why it so important Sun your longest 2 or 3LR's replicate mine

Up to 240 Lrs yours were OK

Its from say 250 to 500 - they are all different

You need the quick 3 for scalping - ie 3 to 10 pips

But the long 3 give you price structure bias - this can be worth 20 to 200 pips - more important as well as it helps you scalp with the best probability - rather than you taking loads of counter scalps and losing 2 - 5 pips and just winning 3 pips

Around tomorrow to spend 2 hrs with you

Regards

Peter

Hi Sun

Although we need to speed you up in scalping using the 3 quick LRs from 8 or 9 to 21/24 - you have to try and catch them at high and low interim levels in time windows - AFTER opposite good moves - ie a 17 pips move one way - can give a 5 -10 pip retrace - as 26 -30 pips move might have a 5 -12 pip + retrace - but a 4 -7 pip move either way is not really going to set up new moves - unless of course its a manipulated false move to catch bulls or bears out - before a proper 15 -40 pip move the way of the bias

To aid your scalping - we need you to understand price structure bias - purely in the session you are trading - not interested in the weekly or monthly trend or bias - only the bias every 30 to 60 mins

Finally - are you happy with reading PA on a 1 min chart - based on HH's and HL's for up and LH's and LL's for down supported by quick LR - over or under ??

These are all questions you need to ask yourself and then you must think in terms of money management to safe guard gains and cut losses asap etc

We need you to be in a positive trading zone - odd losses ok - not 3 or 4 + losses in a row - that shows you are not in the zone understanding session bias and PA for that 30 -60 mins

We must not forget game play - false sentiments and moves and BTTZ zones

They catch you out by getting you in a wrong move - you lose 3 -7 pips - you are frustrated and negative - and while you ponder price passes a price you know is a buy point - or sell point - and you do nothing and lose 20 -50 pips of a good move

ie Like a rabbit or dear in car headlights etc - its a normal market trick - and you need to be aware of it when it happens etc etc

Sorry to go over these points - but we all want your to succeed - which you do in demo - but live - you are not in the trading zone and miss out due to worry and anxiety etc etc

Except you will have losses - no problem - but also accept you need to catch those 10 - 30 pip winners - has you have done many times on demo

Lets get February positive and you realising you can do it and remain in control of your actions

Regards

Peter

Hello Peter,

I like the " a rabbit or dear in car headlights" part..:rolleyes:
I am ok with the HH/HL & LL/LH type figures with quick LR.

I notice on Ctrader Time series moving average are getting plotted same with linear regression forecast indicator. To bad that I sold my stat book. But not to worry will figure out something for last 2 longer LRs, 300 & 450.
Otherwise among 9 Lrs, 7 are ok..

Ok, you don't need to send me template. I decided to use only 3 set of colours for 3 set of LRs. Faster = Black, Medium = Green, Longer = Yellowish.

It will be easier for me to track down. Longer bullish, buying from pullback at medium LR zone with faster LR cross. I think that's the strategy in nutshell.

Along with PA, KT, Levels.

Today I will be around during EO. Will share my lits & levels.

Regards
S.

Hello Peter,

I like the " a rabbit or dear in car headlights" part..:rolleyes:
I am ok with the HH/HL & LL/LH type figures with quick LR.

I notice on Ctrader Time series moving average are getting plotted same with linear regression forecast indicator. To bad that I sold my stat book. But not to worry will figure out something for last 2 longer LRs, 300 & 450.
Otherwise among 9 Lrs, 7 are ok..

Ok, you don't need to send me template. I decided to use only 3 set of colours for 3 set of LRs. Faster = Black, Medium = Green, Longer = Yellowish.

It will be easier for me to track down. Longer bullish, buying from pullback at medium LR zone with faster LR cross. I think that's the strategy in nutshell.

Along with PA, KT, Levels.

Today I will be around during EO. Will share my lits & levels.

Regards
S.

Morning Sun

Look forward to seeing your revised 1 min LR set ups on a few pairs

Relax - stay calm and have a good session etc

Regards

Peter

This is why it so important Sun your longest 2 or 3LR's replicate mine

Up to 240 Lrs yours were OK

Its from say 250 to 500 - they are all different

You need the quick 3 for scalping - ie 3 to 10 pips

But the long 3 give you price structure bias - this can be worth 20 to 200 pips - more important as well as it helps you scalp with the best probability - rather than you taking loads of counter scalps and losing 2 - 5 pips and just winning 3 pips

Around tomorrow to spend 2 hrs with you

Regards

Peter

Hi F.

Could you please clarify.....I'm not sure: We can say the PS changed from, say, Bullish to bearish, when price goes below the longest LRs, or when there is a cross on the longest LRs?

Cheers,
K

Hi F.

Could you please clarify.....I'm not sure: We can say the PS changed from, say, Bullish to bearish, when price goes below the longest LRs, or when there is a cross on the longest LRs?

Cheers,
K

Hi K

Check out a few charts on other thread over last 2 days - loads of example

Under longer LR - favours bear moves - above longest Lrs - favours buy bias

But its overcoming the levels either side of the LiTs or longest Lrs - they need to be breached for moves to carry on

Great example on GU pre news this morning UK time

Its started above - bull - went under pre news - bear and sells

pre news and after back bull - on my chart the longest Lrs are flat - just like a line in the sand area

From then on gone up over 170 pips

Hope that helps

Regards

F