My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

I guess without me bad spelling will be allowed to pervade the thread in no time at all. Or were you intimating something all together different?

A common problem I guess when people think a clip from tv or a funny pic says much more than the written word, or perhaps they do not have the confidence to make their own observations and let's just get the lulz from a pic.
we have moved onto the world of memes now nick.................
2905054.jpg

we have moved onto the world of memes now nick.................
2905054.jpg

Funny from a guy who doesn't trade himself.
''I now dont trade but im looking at a few methods that are looking promising.''

Keep looking while others are doing. I don't claim any such things but I try my best and have had a degree of success.

Your comments are just another form of trolling, dissing and generally being yourself. Carry on and I hope you find a method that works for you. In the meantime I hope you are the very best in the meme business.

Yes I've been on demo so far. Sure I have plans to go live, but I need to increase my winning %. Until I don't see a significant improve on my demo, I won't waste my money. But sure going live is a priority.
Hope your new methods start to show an edge and you can resume your trading.
Cheers,
K

K

My advise to you is you do not trade demo, open an account with brokers where you can trade as minimum as one unit.

Mastering trading most of all means mastering emotions, there are not emotions in demos.

Last edited:
I guess without me bad spelling will be allowed to pervade the thread in no time at all. Or were you intimating something all together different?

A common problem I guess when people think a clip from tv or a funny pic says much more than the written word, or perhaps they do not have the confidence to make their own observations and let's just get the lulz from a pic.

6nvvhd.jpg

K

My advise to you is you do not trade demo, open an account with brokers where you can trade as minimum as one unit.

Mastering trading most of all means mastering emotions, there are not emotions in demos.

At last even we agree on one thing.

I think demo is not useful other than the mechanics, real trading is all about mastering your emotions, behaving rationally and executing your plan without fear.

I am trading indices a very long time and have made nearly every mistake, the secret is not doing it more than once. I can't even claim that but it is a work in progress.

All jokes as side, Im really glad ur bac Nick. see ive bean havin a little problem with scehling my charts...... PM sent.

Youre in sincere sinceraty
Darky

Yes I've been on demo so far. Sure I have plans to go live, but I need to increase my winning %. Until I don't see a significant improve on my demo, I won't waste my money. But sure going live is a priority.
Hope your new methods start to show an edge and you can resume your trading.
Cheers,
K
Keen i tried for about 5yrs to trade and play poker for money.I made a little money trading but it was more down to luck.I lost about 1k playing poker online but i do well when playing face to face.Sure if you cant make it just pack it in.At least you will have tried and you will have been given an insight into the crazy world of finance(y)

Day 67

Bad mood & bad day..

PL: 7.8
No of trade: 22
Largest win: 7.4
Largest loss: 5.8
Win rate: 68%

Attachments

• 11-16-2015 St.png
    11-16-2015 St.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 146
Hi All,
Last weekend I worked on setting up a new journal to make my trading more systematic and learn from my mistakes. Incidentally, Lance Beggs on his last weekly email wrote this piece of gold: “Do you have an effective process in place to guide your growth and development? Or are you just trading….and hoping that you get better?”
Insightful, isn’t it?

My results for today: -22.4 Net pips.:confused:
Edit...a couple of trades more happened to be winners, so Net result is: -13.3. Still negative but a bit better.

Attachments

• Results Nov 16.png
    Results Nov 16.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Some of my trades with perfect entry only with LR:
Which fetched more than I expected. If hold longer would have gained more. GBPUSDM1.png
USDCADM1.png

Day 68

From today, I started trading with real account with micro deposit. Some people may laugh on this. But that amount is above 1000 in my currency & i'm a student..jobless..this is what I could afford right now to loose (more precisely).

Ok, Today I made 2 mistake:
  • 1. Trading Crude Oil (I thought as its very cheap per point only 0.01cent I can try it) It was a bad idea. Cause keeping 5 pips stop on crude is not that easy.
  • 2. I did some reverse trade on GBPJPY. Which was bad...today wasn't the day for GJ. 1-2 try == fail on certain currency >>== Stop messing with it for the day.
    Plus when I had chance to close trade on 4-5 pips profit. I should have done that.

Generally during the 1st hour of any session, I get to know what which pair will work for me & which will not. From last couple of month I see same patterns.

If I haven't done these 2 mistakes, then I would easily reached the daily target. :eek:
But thank God, reached the BE. Confidence grown a little.

PL: BE
No of Trade: 24
Win rate: 58%
Largest loss: 6.7
Largest win: 11

Attachments

• 11-17-2015.png
    11-17-2015.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 11-17-2015 ST2.png
    11-17-2015 ST2.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 99
From today, I started trading with real account with micro deposit. Some people may laugh on this. But that amount is above 1000 in my currency & i'm a student..jobless..this is what I could afford right now to loose (more precisely).

Ok, Today I made 2 mistake:
  • 1. Trading Crude Oil (I thought as its very cheap per point only 0.01cent I can try it) It was a bad idea. Cause keeping 5 pips stop on crude is not that easy.
  • 2. I did some reverse trade on GBPJPY. Which was bad...today wasn't the day for GJ. 1-2 try == fail on certain currency >>== Stop messing with it for the day.
    Plus when I had chance to close trade on 4-5 pips profit. I should have done that.

Generally during the 1st hour of any session, I get to know what which pair will work for me & which will not. From last couple of month I see same patterns.

If I haven't done these 2 mistakes, then I would easily reached the daily target. :eek:
But thank God, reached the BE. Confidence grown a little.

PL: BE
No of Trade: 24
Win rate: 58%
Largest loss: 6.7
Largest win: 11

Very well done Sun. Very good result for your first live day.
If you allow me a piece of advice: always enter your trades with a hard stop somewhere....in case internet goes down and you can't close your current trade.
Best of luck on you new live account.(y)
Cheers,
Keen246

If you allow me a piece of advice: always enter your trades with a hard stop somewhere....in case internet goes down and you can't close your current trade.
Cheers,
Keen246

Hi everyone,
A golden advice IMHO... :)

R.

Cheers,
Keen246

Thanks Keen,

I always use hardstop of 5-6 pips on real account.
I will be astonished if I able to keep this account positive for 3-4 months. It never happened. So lets see.

Hope you are doing well too..
Good luck
Regards
Sun

Thanks Keen,

I always use hardstop of 5-6 pips on real account.
I will be astonished if I able to keep this account positive for 3-4 months. It never happened. So lets see.

Hope you are doing well too..
Good luck
Regards
Sun

Hi Sun

Well - if we keep you disciplined and you stay within the basic rules etc etc - you will have made more money on your account and you will have kept it going after 4 months and even 4 yrs plus once you are totally trained and have faith and confidence.

All the good part of the course - the cream on the cake stuff that makes my way special and far better than 90% of all other FX trading comes near the end of your stages ie in another few months - there is still so much more to take in

Also over 13+ yrs I have only traded FX - I have not got a clue how it would work on other instruments - I only know it works on most FX pairs

You will have odd losing days and even days you dont make 25 -30 pips - but you will also have days you make double / treble / quadruple .

But if your are truly disciplined your largest daily loss should never be over 35 pips ( never - unless a Black Swan event) and most losing days will be just minus 15 or less.

Winning days - your targets are Open - Major M has had over 500+ pip days - I have had one over 400 pips in 12 hrs and several over 250 pips - without counting all part stakes twice etc

40 to 100 pips over the main 10 hrs is always on - not always easy - but then trading is not easy anyway - that's why 85% + fail

Regards

F

My results for today: +14.2 Net Pips.
Too many scratches today and yesterday. My post trading session review shows me I'm scratching the trades too soon (losing or winning). Have to improve that.

Attachments

• Results Nov 17.png
    Results Nov 17.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 155
Daily stats

Congrats Sun and K ! :clap:

Hard day today.
Was trading live @ 1 lot (need extra money for Xmas) :LOL:
When trading live, I prefer to stop wining trades very soon. (yes F, I know it's very bad ;))
Markets are very choppy and violent today, it smells war :cry:

Stats.jpg

All the best.
R.

Congrats Sun and K ! :clap:

Hard day today.
Was trading live @ 1 lot (need extra money for Xmas) :LOL:
When trading live, I prefer to stop wining trades very soon. (yes F, I know it's very bad ;))
Markets are very choppy and violent today, it smells war :cry:

View attachment 206204

All the best.
R.
Congrats to yourself R. With such good results, the Xmas table will be full of the finest French Wine and Cheese (I prefer South African Wine:p).
Keep it up man.

Congrats to yourself R. With such good results, the Xmas table will be full of the finest French Wine and Cheese (I prefer South African Wine:p).
Keep it up man.

Hi Guys

WD to all of you really - its not been a dead easy day - and so discipline - focus - control of emotions etc are all needed and I have had a few bad scalps today as well

Never worry about exiting scalps too quickly if its not working - I always prefer to exit at minus 2 or 3 pips than find out with a 8 or 10 pips stop it would have worked - reason is - i can always enter again

Over time you get really fussy losing just 1 or 2 pips - especially when you end up with bigger lot sizes etc.

With letting wins run - that get easy when we look more at PPND and scaling along with partial stakes left on . Its really step by step and then after a while you will start to feel it all come together

It might take another 2 months - It might take 5 months - never worry - the end results are well worth all the pain of getting there . Remember I wasted 3 yrs just scalping one pair - the EU - then another 3 years on just 3 pairs - and its only been in last 3 to 4 years I feel I am now performing at say 80 -90% of my limits - and some days I know I am idle or lazy and miss making a lot more returns -

I remind myself everyday that the FX market is the King - and it could slaughter me any time it wants - but if I am good and accept never being 100% correct and getting my stops in profits and always aware of the bias every 30 or 60 mins - then the market accepts me and I can be it friend for a short period and then it rewards me.

Never let too much pressure get to you - don't think I must perform and get 3 scalps in a hour etc etc - go your own pace and always try and remain in control etc

We will all have bad days and we will all have fantastic very profitable days - I wish you all that the bad days slowly become less and less and you then get to the stage when you know you are well on your way to consistency and success

Keep it up

(y)

F