My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

Thanks Fugs for your comments. I appreciate your suggestion about taking breaks.. it's a wise advice.
I hope my journey can help other traders....while I help myself.
Cheers,
K

K

You are very welcome. Your posts are like fresh air......Keep it up.....

Fugs.

11 00

Morning All

How's it gone so far this morning?

Only around for parts of the day and not doing much on my own journal today and tomorrow - but still hope to pop in to answer any questions etc

GL

Regards

F

Day 65

11 00

Morning All

How's it gone so far this morning?

Only around for parts of the day and not doing much on my own journal today and tomorrow - but still hope to pop in to answer any questions etc

GL

Regards

F

Good Morning F,

My job is done in this morning...with the help of GJ. It was lucky for me this week (yet).
PL : 35
no of trade: 28
win rate: 67%
Largest win : 13.7
Largest loss: 6.3

Good day...

Attachments

• 11-12-2015.png
    11-12-2015.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 112
Good Morning F,

My job is done in this morning...with the help of GJ. It was lucky for me this week (yet).

Good day...

Excellent Sun

I like the win rate on 28 trades - that's good

I like size of largest win - nearly 14 pips not bad knowing you are trying to work off stops of 4 -6 pips

Please tell me - is it starting to make some sense yet ?

You really are only half way through - all the good bits are really still to be taught and for you to try them out

You really do need to go live in this month or end of it - even if on micro lots smaller then demo just to get live feel etc.

One day maybe not for a few yrs or more even 1 lot per pip will be no more pressure than demo - but that's down the line - the important part is keeping you fairly consistent and in control - I think your disciplines are good - but maybe in the past on live accounts you have not felt in control and like all of us having done silly things under the extra pressures.

By having a good demo record for a few months along with a great method etc etc - you will have so much more confidence to be able to carry out the method - just the same on a live account

Regards

F

My results Nov 12-2015

My results for today: +10 Net Pips.
Today I also tried to be very careful on my entries - I need to get my mojo back . Only one mistake entry. The level of concentration MUST be very high.

Saw Sun's results....outstanding! Your progress is exponential...congrats.(y)
Cheers,
K

Attachments

• Results Nov 12.png
    Results Nov 12.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 84
Excellent Sun

I like the win rate on 28 trades - that's good

I like size of largest win - nearly 14 pips not bad knowing you are trying to work off stops of 4 -6 pips

Please tell me - is it starting to make some sense yet ?

You really are only half way through - all the good bits are really still to be taught and for you to try them out

You really do need to go live in this month or end of it - even if on micro lots smaller then demo just to get live feel etc.

One day maybe not for a few yrs or more even 1 lot per pip will be no more pressure than demo - but that's down the line - the important part is keeping you fairly consistent and in control - I think your disciplines are good - but maybe in the past on live accounts you have not felt in control and like all of us having done silly things under the extra pressures.

By having a good demo record for a few months along with a great method etc etc - you will have so much more confidence to be able to carry out the method - just the same on a live account

Regards

F

Thank you F,

yes it did starting to make some sense...but as you recommended real account. I think main story will be there. I will start trading in real from end of this month. In my demo account, I was brave. But in real account I know I will not be that brave to take risk. On those long trades I took guidance sometimes form longer time frame to confirm my move. On pinbar in hourly chart near lr zone confirms my minute chart trade will be running longer....etc

I was checking my astrology, i saw after 13th nov to 1st jan, i will have huge financial loss etc etc...I can guess pretty much lol...bt this a challenge....lets see...who wins...

Regards
Sun

HI Sun,
If I may just give my humble opinion...
You are able to cut your losses, so the risk is really weak demo or real.
The main thing that will change is the execution, slower in real, so anticipation is very important.

Seriously, at 0.01 lot, what can happens ?
You can also use a cent account and then you will trade at 0.0001 lot !

All the best.
R.

Today I also tried to be very careful on my entries - I need to get my mojo back . Only one mistake entry. The level of concentration MUST be very high.

Cheers,
K

Hi K

Well Done again

Honestly - It does get easier - maybe every 500 -1000 trades

Thats the problem for traders only taking 1 or 2 trades a day - in my book - it will take them at least 18 month to 3 years to see improvements carrying on - or having to change their method - my way its every 2 to 4 months - you know your levels etc etc.

Remember when you learnt to drive a manual car and hill starting and balancing the clutch ? Well tradings a bit like that - you don't even have to think so much as your skill levels improve . You can have 2 car drivers both passed their test 5 yrs ago - one only driven 5000 miles - never in heavy rain / snow / ice or at night and the other driver who in the same time clocked up 30k miles in all conditions and had the odd small bumps and knocks etc. Chalk and cheese in experience - but both been driving 5 years - Exactly like trading

Stay focused - go your own pace and have faith - it does work ;-)

Regards

F

HI Sun,
If I may just give my humble opinion...
You are able to cut your losses, so the risk is really weak demo or real.
The main thing that will change is the execution, slower in real, so anticipation is very important.

Seriously, at 0.01 lot, what can happens ?
You can also use a cent account and then you will trade at 0.0001 lot !

All the best.
R.

Morning R,

I will have very low deposit on my account so with 0.01 lot I will have 230 pips in risk before I blow up my account.
Don't want to trade on cent account, cause ECN brokers doesn't provide that. Plus I need to make money. I have dream of making 100 Fold...:clover:

Lets see...
Good day..

Well done for putting it out there keen246. Can only learn from the experience If youre willing.
Gl (y)

Btw. Anyone seen Nicks like button? It appears to be missing.

Day 66

PL = 14
No of trade: 25
Win rate: 60%
Highest win: 8.2
Highest loss: 6.2

Today couldn't focus...was trading crude oil...it works nice with LRs & S/R levels. But very slow..
Happy Weekend...

Attachments

• 11-13-2015.png
    11-13-2015.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 11-13-2015 2.png
    11-13-2015 2.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 88

Cheers,
K

Good on you, seems you are doing the right thing, you get hit, you step back and gain some prospective and slowly you try to gain points after points together with your confidence, it might be brief, it might be not, it does not matter, it is an important phase, it is a learning one.

A successful trader was telling me when it happens to him, he goes back to his "cave".

Last edited:
Good on you, seems you are doing the right thing, you get hit, you step back and gain some prospective and slowly you try to gain points after points together with your confidence, it might be brief, it might be not, it does not matter, it is an important phase, it is a learning one.

A successful trader was telling me when it happens to him, he goes back to his "cave".
Thanks Fugz....again very good advice. Perseverance always find the way.
Cheers,
K

Thanks Fugz....again very good advice. Perseverance always find the way.
Cheers,
K
Keen have you always been on the demo or do you have any plans to go live.
Demo is good till you find a system that works.
I went live too quickly and made mistakes etc.
I now dont trade but im looking at a few methods that are looking promising.

Good Morning F,

Good day...

67% win rate and making money ....................excellent stuff Sun

great progress (y)

Demos are great learning slopes for beginners and for testing/tweaking systems and strategies ......

the acid test to me is to be making money had over fist consistently on Demo ...............then you just may have a chance in the real world :smart:

N

Yes I've been on demo so far. Sure I have plans to go live, but I need to increase my winning %. Until I don't see a significant improve on my demo, I won't waste my money. But sure going live is a priority.
Hope your new methods start to show an edge and you can resume your trading.
Cheers,
K

Oh my, what we gonna do without Nick!? :cry:

tumblr_inline_n8j5ipJxEH1sjg0lw.gif

I did

giphy.gif

I guess without me bad spelling will be allowed to pervade the thread in no time at all. Or were you intimating something all together different?

A common problem I guess when people think a clip from tv or a funny pic says much more than the written word, or perhaps they do not have the confidence to make their own observations and let's just get the lulz from a pic.