My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

Hi F,
I hadn't seen that post. Seems like T2W is working weird lately.
I would love to have that practice. I think it would be very helpful for our learning to have your calls while we watch our charts and see if our judgment agrees with your calls.
I'm looking forward to practicing live.
Cheers,
Keen246

Hi K

Many times I miss posts as well

When I check a page at bottom and then see another new page - i think i have seen all comments - but many times I will go back an hour later and there could be another 1 or 2 comments - i had not seen - strange

Well i will let you and Sun - ( and R if he wants as well) - pick some suitable times in the morning and pairs for a couple of 1 or 2 hr sessions next week - which we can do on this thread

No problem

Regards

F

Yes let's do it, of course.
Sun & K, please fix time and pairs, as always in front of my screens I will just follow what you decide.

I stop for this afternoon.
first trade at 16:14; last at 17:40
Win ratio 100%
I really thank you F, even if I don't strictly follow your method it's 90% thanks to you if I can achieve that score today.:clap:
stop.jpg

Yes let's do it, of course.
Sun & K, please fix time and pairs, as always in front of my screens I will just follow what you decide.

I stop for this afternoon.
first trade at 16:14; last at 17:40
Win ratio 100%
I really thank you F, even if I don't strictly follow your method it's 90% thanks to you if I can achieve that score today.:clap:
View attachment 204222

Hi R

That is some performance there - i reckon we should all be following you :))

Thank you for a great compliment - as you have probably read elsewhere on this forum - I am not use to compliments - all I get normally is a slagging off for having a silly method and micky mouse charts and being a con artist etc etc lol

As long as I have helped you focus and maintain a discipline and then whether you use all my LRs and time windows - that's up to you - as I seem to think you are already good at reading PA - and perhaps just needed to focus on multi intraday trading on a few pairs to make you excellent numbers

On my journal - we have Major Magnum - NickB and also Shacau who all have done well off the method and I know NVP and many other traders have incorporated many of my time rule tips etc etc

I will be delighted if you, Sun and Keen are all able to progress to a lot higher standard and become consistent profitable FX traders - whether going full time or just to compliment existing incomes

Have a great weekend

Regards

F

Great!
We all are at different time zones, but I can wake up at 3AM(NY time zone) which is 8AM London time. I think for Sun would be around 1:30 PM, so I guess it's ok for all of us.
I propose to concentrate on GU and EJ. They move well and not so wild as EA or GJ.

Please let us know Sun if the time is ok for you.
Cheers

My results Oct 30-2015

These are my results for today. Just 3 trades....trying to weed out my scalping.
+10 Pips Net. Laughable for you guys results, but not bad for me, as my 1% is 5 pips. In fact I would be delighted to have that results consistently day in and day out.

Nice weekend for all.

Attachments

• results - 30-10.png
    results - 30-10.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 91
Great!
We all are at different time zones, but I can wake up at 3AM(NY time zone) which is 8AM London time. I think for Sun would be around 1:30 PM, so I guess it's ok for all of us.
I propose to concentrate on GU and EJ. They move well and not so wild as EA or GJ.

Please let us know Sun if the time is ok for you.
Cheers

Hi everybody,

1.30 PM is ok with me. :) In generally I start trading from 12:30, So no problem.
I will trade EU, UJ (could be EJ instead) for the wild EA is ok with me.
I know during UK session Ucad doesn't move much. So I can omit that.

Regards

Good morning all,

As promised here I'm up and ready. I guess Sun and R are online now and of course F.
I'll be on my charts and refreshing this thread in case F makes a live call.
Cheers,
Keen246

Good morning all,

As promised here I'm up and ready. I guess Sun and R are online now and of course F.
I'll be on my charts and refreshing this thread in case F makes a live call.
Cheers,
Keen246

Morning K and R

Had some talks with Sun earlier and we are going to start live from LO either Wednesday or Thursday this week

Unfortunately I am not here for every LO ( school runs) and today was not in until after 8 40 am UK time although started scalping at 6 21 and 6 30 am this morning

Please check out my thread as focused after 9 am UK on the Pound crosses - with red pound news out

I will update during the morning and I think if you see what Sun's being doing as between 8 00 am and 9 00 am UK time she caught some scalps with help of LiTs area

Sun now goes onto her next stage this week with all the LR setting and more tips that I am sure you will all find useful

Have a good day - and week

Regards#

F

Morning K and R

Had some talks with Sun earlier and we are going to start live from LO either Wednesday or Thursday this week

Unfortunately I am not here for every LO ( school runs) and today was not in until after 8 40 am UK time although started scalping at 6 21 and 6 30 am this morning

Please check out my thread as focused after 9 am UK on the Pound crosses - with red pound news out

I will update during the morning and I think if you see what Sun's being doing as between 8 00 am and 9 00 am UK time she caught some scalps with help of LiTs area

Sun now goes onto her next stage this week with all the LR setting and more tips that I am sure you will all find useful

Have a good day - and week

Regards#

F
Hi F,
Sure, no problem. I'll be around.
Cheers

Day 57

Win rate: 52%
Largest Win: 13.9
Largest loss: 7.4
No of Trade: 38
P/L = 14 (excluding all commission)

Largest loss was 7.4 pips because of EA one sudden move. Otherwise all are reasonable. I hope.
Currently I have 475 LR added on the chart. But required F's new setup & confirmation. ;)

Out now...Good night...

Attachments

• 11-2-2015 2.png
    11-2-2015 2.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 11-2-2015.png
    11-2-2015.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 76
1630.jpg

UK news of this morning completely reversed the trend after quite a long flat ranging.
Very interesting.
@sun: Happy for you that you added one more LR on your charts; I suppose it's made to indicate global trend. It also seem to be sometimes some kind of support or resistance for price.
May I ask you how to really use it (if it's not a secret of course);)

R.

Results Nov 2

No more trading for me today. Overwhelmed by losses.:confused:
Results: -20.8 NET pips.

Attachments

• results Nov-02.png
    results Nov-02.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 101

Hi K

I can see I need to assist you with your scalping - which is no problem

We need your win ratios over 65% - ideally 70% + and even though your are disciplined with your stop sizes you only had a couple of scalps over 5 pips and far too many poor or bad entries.

We will be able to do live scalping on Wednesday am - with me leading the way and for you to see if your set up is saying the same

Ideally need to know -

Who's your chart platform with - ie which broker ?

Whats your best spreads and commissions if you pay them /

What 3 quick LR settings are you using ??

At what times ( UK times ) were your losing scalps on the EJ ?

Whats your spread / commissions like on the EJ ?

Ideally any chance of seeing one of your 1 min LR charts on any pair just to see what it looks like ?

Cheers

Regards

F

View attachment 204432

UK news of this morning completely reversed the trend after quite a long flat ranging.
Very interesting.

@sun: Happy for you that you added one more LR on your charts; I suppose it's made to indicate global trend. It also seem to be sometimes some kind of support or resistance for price.

R.

Hi R

WD again

i will need Sun to add more LRs on to her 1 min chart - the additional one is pure the longest setting - ie from 450 up to a max of 550 - all depends on your brokers charts - no settings work well on every brokers charts .

Will post settings later etc and try and explain how we work with 3 quick scalp LR's - 3 medium settings for small swing bias - and the 3 longer ones for session bias

Regards

F

LR setting for stage 4 onwards

Believe it or not - every brokers platform charts can require slightly different setting - for the accuracy we require no one setting will always be the same on say 10 different 1 min charts on different broker platforms

I therefore give you 2 settings and chose between then to get the correct set up

First 3 quick LR setting - mainly used for scalping ( quick moves )

LR 1 - Between 7 and 9

LR 2 - Between 11 and 13

LR 3 - Between 20 and 25

Second 3 LR setting more mid range scalp to swing bias

LR 4 - Between - 25 and 30

LR 5 - Between - 33 and 42

LR 6 - Between - 54 and 70

Final 3 LR setting and for day/ session bias of price structure

LR 7 - Between - 90 and 120

LR 8 - Between - 270 and 310

LR 9 - Between - 450 - to maximum 550 - suggest 470 -490 normally

Ideally colour code to suit you like a traffic light sequence - or on MT4 set ups red for over price and green for under price - but with each LR kept individual by dots or thickness

Quick 3 always react first - but final 3 need to be breached by other 6 to show a bias change going on

Will show later on tomorrow with example charts.

Very bullish - all LR's under price

Very bearish - all LR's over price

Whats stops a runaway group of LRs ( like a waterfall effect) - a strong S or R level and then time rules - to be explained separately.

Hi K

I can see I need to assist you with your scalping - which is no problem

We need your win ratios over 65% - ideally 70% + and even though your are disciplined with your stop sizes you only had a couple of scalps over 5 pips and far too many poor or bad entries.

We will be able to do live scalping on Wednesday am - with me leading the way and for you to see if your set up is saying the same

Ideally need to know -

Who's your chart platform with - ie which broker ?
I use FxPro's Ctrader for charting, but my entries are on FXCM TradeStation. The only difference is the longest LRs. The quick and medium LRs are the same on both platforms.
Whats your best spreads and commissions if you pay them /
FXCM spreads are kind of good: EU 0.2-0.4. The commission are a bit on the high side being 0.8 pips on 0.4 Lot.
What 3 quick LR settings are you using ??
My quick LRs are 7, 11 and 21.
At what times ( UK times ) were your losing scalps on the EJ ?
I trade mostly the NY session. The trade times are the ones on the results and plus 5 hours would be the UK time.

Whats your spread / commissions like on the EJ ?
Around 0.4 - 0.7 on EJ. The commission is the same mentioned above (all the majors)

Ideally any chance of seeing one of your 1 min LR charts on any pair just to see what it looks like ?
I attached EU screenshots from FXCM and Ctrader.

Cheers

Regards

F
Hi F,

Looking forward to having a live session to maybe pinpoint why my entries are so wrong and my Win% so bad lately.
Please look at the answers to your questions above in blue.
Thanks for you help.
Cheers,
Keen246

Attachments

• sample-Ctrader.png
    sample-Ctrader.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 157
  • sample-FXCM.png
    sample-FXCM.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 152

Hi, Keen if you allow I may add a suggestion.
Don't fight with one kind of pairs. EU & EJ almost sync. Diversify things.
You will notice on my statement, last day UCAD all overall loss. But I didn't forced much specially during same time or in same session. If you are loosing on Euro based pairs then its good to try other pairs. Try them back during other session.

Regards
Sun

View attachment 204432

R.

Of course not a secret.. ;)
Look F already shared all the details..

Regards
Sun

Good Morning F,

Thank you for the details of those 9 LR's. Its nice & easier to understand.
So in stage 4 do you want me to use all 9 LRs?

If yes, then for 9th largest LR, i like 475. Its suits with my broker platform "TickMill"

Here is my chart Setup with 9 LRs. I used followings:

Each set from faster to longer are differentiated by thickness.

9 LR SETUP.png
9 LR SETUP 2.png

Let me know what you think.

Out now..I will be back during trading session.

Regards
Sun

Good Morning F,

Thank you for the details of those 9 LR's. Its nice & easier to understand.
So in stage 4 do you want me to use all 9 LRs?

If yes, then for 9th largest LR, i like 475. Its suits with my broker platform "TickMill"

Here is my chart Setup with 9 LRs. I used followings:

Each set from faster to longer are differentiated by thickness.

View attachment 204482
View attachment 204484

Let me know what you think.

Out now..I will be back during trading session.

Regards
Sun

Morning Sun

Yes - please try and get used to using all nine

3 / 4 fastest for scalping - and then use the other 5 or 6 to understand the bias of the next few hrs of the session

Basically the more LR'S over price - then price should fall - and opposite if all under.

For scalping you just need last hour or so view - but will all LRs - open up your chart to show last 8 -10 hrs to see the price structure.

Dont let it stop you scalping both ways - but it should enable you and help you to understand the possible next moves with bias

It might confuse you for a start when you have 4 lrs saying buy and 4 or 5 saying sell - thats when you have indecision etc - but will explain more as you progress

Have a good day

Regards

F