Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

Dear All

Sadly I wasn't able to join you yesterday but it seems as though it was great sport. Sad to miss the fun. Well done team!

I'm sure the webinar shows how easily rattled Baghdady becomes when questioned. Imagine how it must have been for the people working there when he was questioned by them - either raging aggression or bizarre answers.

The man's a total fraud and he can't defend himself even with the protection of a moderator.

I've been looking into something and come up with a theory about all his companies and name changes etc....
He's an American citizen. At the age he came to the UK, he was probably only eligible for an Entrepreneur's Visa. Which means that he has to be an owner or director of a company for his visa to be valid. No company means no visa. We know there are arrest warrants in Australia and he can't go back there. He fled the UK to New York a couple of months ago but has been seen back in London recently. So he obviously can't stay in the US for too long (IRS, Robbins Futures and other creditors is my assumption) and so he ends up back in the UK to set up his latest venture (or fraud as we commonly call it) to ensure that his visa remains intact.

No UK company means WhackJobby wouldn't be able to stay in the UK.... Whaddya think?

Again, brilliant work on the webinar and sorry to miss out the sport.

On his GB immigration status, we believe this to be the case. There is SO much legal action going on with him in the UK now. Nice to have you here, Mahmoud.

On his GB immigration status, we believe this to be the case. There is SO much legal action going on with him in the UK now. Nice to have you here, Mahmoud.

Surely being a director of a UK company is not by itself justification for getting a visa. Anyone of any nationality can open a UK company and buy a service address for well under £100. There must be further criteria such as proof of investment.

I suppose he's in the country now and that won't change. When we can't deport terrorists we'll hardly deport someone who has only been breaking the fraud act and not paying bills.

Surely being a director of a UK company is not by itself justification for getting a visa. Anyone of any nationality can open a UK company and buy a service address for well under £100. There must be further criteria such as proof of investment.

I suppose he's in the country now and that won't change. When we can't deport terrorists we'll hardly deport someone who has only been breaking the fraud act and not paying bills.

Also, there might be an Olympic trading event. In 2012 we need all the world champions we can get.

I suggest everyone get as p1ssed as I am now. It makes the whole saga just so mind bogglingly hilarious it's unreal.

I have to say I enjoy lulz (slightly) more when it's a vendor who's getting the flack rather than a bunch of people mugged off and fleeced.

An abundance of schadenfreude tends to makes one's heart cold and it's nice to know you're on the right side of the fence from time to time.

Agreed.

If you're out with alex hope make sure he's picking up the bill.

Yes he's probably at a disco with Alex up in Liverpool, drinking expensive champagne and hanging out with some desperate scousewives.

and why not? why would it have made a difference? when they first landed they were no better than spammers, i remember quite well dealing with them.

And some of us remember quite well the protection they enjoyed. If this had happened in a t2w webinar, you might have found the comments amusing (who wouldnt ?), but you'd have still been banning IP's and publically lending them support.