Live Trades

i use ig charts on my mobile..as ib's charts are not great

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-30-17-44-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-30-17-44-55.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 179
i use ig charts on my mobile..as ib's charts are not great

IB's charts are not the best because they give you APIs to make your own. Do you use IB gateway? They also now you to create your own for an application to connect.

i will watch it everyday whenever i can..i make sure i have profit takers in if i can't watch..got caught a few times..gave back money..i also do a lot of work on my own trading setup..as i can't get the info i want with normal broker packages..

What is the information that you want?

IB's charts are not the best because they give you APIs to make your own. Do you use IB gateway? They also now you to create your own for an application to connect.
I have tested the gateway wirh ninjatrader..as laptop can be slow when running tws..java puts big load on laptop

i use mostly excel..i can get my ib data feed to excel via tws or gateway..excel can be slow on laptop also..but i use it for development..as i have good fast pc for later on when daytrading

What is the information that you want?

it varies..i wanted my own time& sales setup..could not get it anywhere..so i done it myself..i also have my own charts and entry..stops..profit targets set..all i need do is type in symbol of stock and i can see all my relevant daytrading criteria..the only thing i need do is make my list before the open..then trade based on my experience

it took me a good few years to get the info i have in my head..it is now mostly automated..i leave the important bit..trade entry..up to my brain..as i trust that more than any mathematical calculations:)

my opinion on crude oil is now starting to change..we have not moved much..did not go much above the HWB..so the odds of a bigger move might now be increasing..

it is very hard to decipher the nymex gang..as they are in complete control..i have a feeling that crude might drop to test the 36 level and blow thru it..might pull my limit order for feb16 40 call and re-evaluate tomorrow..haven't made my mind up yet

it varies..i wanted my own time& sales setup..could not get it anywhere..so i done it myself..i also have my own charts and entry..stops..profit targets set..all i need do is type in symbol of stock and i can see all my relevant daytrading criteria..the only thing i need do is make my list before the open..then trade based on my experience

it took me a good few years to get the info i have in my head..it is now mostly automated..i leave the important bit..trade entry..up to my brain..as i trust that more than any mathematical calculations:)

Would you PM what your setup looks like? You said you do not use mathematical calculations.

Would you PM what your setup looks like? You said you do not use mathematical calculations.
will be tomorrow night..i am not on laptop now..i do use simple maths in excel for the averages..but my entries are not based on the levels given in my setup..i enter based on what i see

the setup does everything else..i can of course choose to bypass my setup levels..again depending on what is happening..but i think it is better to go with the averages..and not expect more..but if more is offered on the day..take it..

the plan is to be consistent..go for the averages..not the jackpot..

100 pennies will always make a pound

i might regret this..but i know my risk..so here goes..

cancelled long call

new order

cl around 36.73

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-31-01-33-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-31-01-33-47.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 177
cl looks like it is setting up for a big move..could be soon or next week..no one can tell for sure..i want it to break below the 36 level after a small rally up..if it keeps going up then i lose..time will tell

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-31-01-37-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-31-01-37-35.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 183
will be tomorrow night..i am not on laptop now..i do use simple maths in excel for the averages..but my entries are not based on the levels given in my setup..i enter based on what i see

the setup does everything else..i can of course choose to bypass my setup levels..again depending on what is happening..but i think it is better to go with the averages..and not expect more..but if more is offered on the day..take it..

the plan is to be consistent..go for the averages..not the jackpot..

100 pennies will always make a pound

I thought it was pence. :LOL:

One hundred pennies are on a table. Ten are tails. With your eyes closed, can you separate them into two groups so that each group has the same number of tails?

BUY WTB:UK
if time >= 12:29:00 London time & last >= 4456.00
SELL GTC LMT 1.01 * buy price

BUY WOS:UK
if time >= 12:29:00 London time & last >= 3769.00
SELL GTC LMT 1.01 * buy price

One hundred pennies are on a table. Ten are tails. With your eyes closed, can you separate them into two groups so that each group has the same number of tails?

easy. just rub your thumb over the back and you will be able to tell ifs a head or tail.

Last edited:
The icons at the top of your phone are different from mine. Who is your service provider in Ireland? Do you have 4G LTE?

Have you always traded futures, even when you were a newbie?

i have an Asus T00J dual sim phone..currently use meteor and eircom..both on 085 network..but phone will work with any 3g network..it is not 4g..but it is fast enough..have it over year..no problems at all

no..i started off with datek in US..trading cheap stocks..hadn't a clue obviously..and still haven't:)

you have brought back some memories..ever hear of WBVN..it was one of the first i traded..dot com stock..think they were delivering groceries with internet ordering..i remember looking at level 2 on island..watching the different colors for the price levels..and thinking i was a great fella if i made $50..what a fool i was..wasted so many years looking for and trying out rubbish text book stuff..most of it is a load of bollox

i was on t2w years ago..under a diff nick..befriended a few..who lets say the majority were against..which did not bother me one little bit..learned a bit about options from a 2 horned animal..:)..his stuff was..and still is..very effective..even more so if you are well capitalized..but..if course i got greedy..same old story..done 85 option trades without one loser..but 2007 downdraft caught me..why..cause the thick paddy overtraded..and then panicked..lost a good bit back..but learned a valuable lesson that i will never ever forget

i also met a few others..especially one..who opened my eyes..and as i keep saying..you will never see the good stuff published..sure why would anyone do that..as soon as it gets out it will be rendered useless in a short period of time

then..my head really ***ed me up..on the way back now..nearly there..slowly but surely