Live Trades

i have an Asus T00J dual sim phone..currently use meteor and eircom..both on 085 network..but phone will work with any 3g network..it is not 4g..but it is fast enough..have it over year..no problems at all

no..i started off with datek in US..trading cheap stocks..hadn't a clue obviously..and still haven't:)

I have never heard of Asus. They must not sell them in the US. I have never heard of Eircom. Are they only in Ireland? I have heard of Vodafone.

Do you like options more than futures? Options seem less risky than futures.

Last edited:
I have never heard of Asus. They must not sell them in the US. I have never heard of Eircom. Are they only in Ireland? I have heard of Vodafone.

Do you like options more than futures? Options seem less risky than futures.

Asus make laptops also..their stuff is good..not like the cheap chinese crap..you get what you pay for

eircom is irish phone company only..out total population is just over 5 mil..we are mostly red headed..white skinned..freckly faced..drink loving..idiots..but we are well known for being hard workers and getting the job done..a small few of us are snobs and full of s.h.i.t.e..but most of us are ok..honest..and speak our mind..with no loyalty to any person or entity outside family and work..we don't like wasting time when money is involved

options..ftrs very risky..professional arena..time decay is main enemy..wide spreads narrows the available list

so far the short is working out ok for INTU..take note of volume..not full..full is 1.18 mil

30 day chart..thick light red line long target..not hit..thick green line..low target..hit

Attachments

• Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 05.04 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 05.04 PM.PNG
    73.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 05.53 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 05.53 PM.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
WTB.UK

high target not hit..low target hit..risk with minus value is short trade (low target)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 06.02 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 06.02 PM.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 06.01 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 06.01 PM.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 190
WOS.UK

no targets hit..but very close to low target..missed it by .0005

Attachments

• Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 06.10 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 06.10 PM.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 06.12 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-31-15 at 06.12 PM.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 179
my way of thinking for the way i trade...

you can work out profit targets based on averages

you can work out loss levels based on averages

you can work out entries based on averages..but as the entry is critical to the loss level..it is best to use the average as a guide..and fine tune it when market opens and moves up and down..this is where trader experience plays an important part of the process

SPY for today

Risk -0.31 Reward 1.23
Risk 0.24 Reward 0.97
L-H 2.02 Ratio 0.92

short trade risk is 31 cent..profit target is $1.23..this was hit

long trade risk is 24 cent..profit target is 97 cent..this was not hit

todays range was $2.02..which was 0.92 of average daily range

i watch 30 equities..6 etf's..crude oil..eur.usd..

equities are for daytrading only

etf's for daytrading using options..plus AAPL for daytrading using options.and occasional short term hold using options

crude oil..options only for now..might look at futures later for daytrading..very risky..high risk high reward

eur.usd..long trades to hedge account..occasional option trades..overall..eur.usd is the least traded

my way of thinking for the way i trade...

you can work out profit targets based on averages

you can work out loss levels based on averages

you can work out entries based on averages..but as the entry is critical to the loss level..it is best to use the average as a guide..and fine tune it when market opens and moves up and down..this is where trader experience plays an important part of the process

SPY for today

Risk -0.31 Reward 1.23
Risk 0.24 Reward 0.97
L-H 2.02 Ratio 0.92

short trade risk is 31 cent..profit target is $1.23..this was hit

long trade risk is 24 cent..profit target is 97 cent..this was not hit

todays range was $2.02..which was 0.92 of average daily range

i watch 30 equities..6 etf's..crude oil..eur.usd..

equities are for daytrading only

etf's for daytrading using options..plus AAPL for daytrading using options.and occasional short term hold using options

crude oil..options only for now..might look at futures later for daytrading..very risky..high risk high reward

eur.usd..long trades to hedge account..occasional option trades..overall..eur.usd is the least traded

The part in blue is still a bit vague to me. 31 cents per what? $1.23 profit per what? May I ask how you came up with those figures?

The part in blue is still a bit vague to me. 31 cents per what? $1.23 profit per what? May I ask how you came up with those figures?

per share..how many shares you buy will depend on your % risk per trade of available trading capital..i know you are good with stats..so i need not show you how to work out your share amount per trade:)

with regard to asking how i get the figures..now..that is like me asking you for your screening setup and formulae..i could easily do a flowchart in 10 min that anyone could follow and trade..but i guarantee you that maybe 1 or 2 will make money using it..for the bit that matters most is the low risk entry identification..which..requires experience..correct mindset..awareness..and most of all..common sense..which is not that common:)

oh yes..keep in mind the levels are guides..based on averages..the actual level can be less for risk..never more..and can also be less for profit..but can also be more..again..it is the trader that makes the money..not the system..the levels are reality in a world of chaos

Last edited:
per share..how many shares you buy will depend on your % risk per trade of available trading capital..i know you are good with stats..so i need not show you how to work out your share amount per trade:)

with regard to asking how i get the figures..now..that is like me asking you for your screening setup and formulae..i could easily do a flowchart in 10 min that anyone could follow and trade..but i guarantee you that maybe 1 or 2 will make money using it..for the bit that matters most is the low risk entry identification..which..requires experience..correct mindset..awareness..and most of all..common sense..which is not that common:)

oh yes..keep in mind the levels are guides..based on averages..the actual level can be less for risk..never more..and can also be less for profit..but can also be more..again..it is the trader that makes the money..not the system..the levels are reality in a world of chaos

Screening setup and formula? averages of what? I will tell you screening criteria. How do you come to those numbers?

Screening setup and formula? averages of what? I will tell you screening criteria. How do you come to those numbers?

ok..but we will do it in private..not to be smart..but clever..as i said some vendors could easily rehash my thinking and sell it to gullible people..which would infuriate me..so i will not let it happen..as i do not want to get mad..it can affect my trading

tonite..i am in loft laying some old carpet i have replaced for xmas..i do not like waste..too much of it all around us

hh..do not send me any of your info..i am rethinking..recent posts about SOCRATES has made me think..something he said to me years ago..i might not share the fine details of my work with anyone..for..as mentioned..if a vendor got hold of it my trading might be affected..and i will not take that risk for any person

i think you will understand

if a german vendor got hold of it i would be even more upset..the leaders of our previous government..thick idiots..let the germans shaft our country..and the young people of Ireland will be paying for it for decades to come..and we now have a farmer as head of our government..a muppet..who's big thick head was on the front of time magazine..being praised for how well the Irish handled austerity..f.u.k.i.n idiots..the whole of europe laughing at us..and the thick farmer with a big smile from ear to ear

hh..do not send me any of your info..i am rethinking..recent posts about SOCRATES has made me think..something he said to me years ago..i might not share the fine details of my work with anyone..for..as mentioned..if a vendor got hold of it my trading might be affected..and i will not take that risk for any person

i think you will understand

if a german vendor got hold of it i would be even more upset..the leaders of our previous government..thick idiots..let the germans shaft our country..and the young people of Ireland will be paying for it for decades to come..and we now have a farmer as head of our government..a muppet..who's big thick head was on the front of time magazine..being praised for how well the Irish handled austerity..f.u.k.i.n idiots..the whole of europe laughing at us..and the thick farmer with a big smile from ear to ear

What is with all the super long anecdotes? Additionally, I shared with you how I calculate risk. You could at least do the same. A vendor is not going to get a hold of it. Nobody is going to bother to hack your account to get it.

What is with all the super long anecdotes? Additionally, I shared with you how I calculate risk. You could at least do the same. A vendor is not going to get a hold of it. Nobody is going to bother to hack your account to get it.

I have no problem discussing anything..with any person..but i have no intention of sharing the fine detail of my years of hard work with someone i don't even know..and that means anyone..nothing personal

as for your work..and i am not being smart..it does not interest me..why..because i have developed my own approach..that i know works..from endless hours of trial and error..and at fairly substantial financial cost

i respect your posts..and as mentioned..i am always interested in how others make money..but i do not want to know the fine details of any other persons method..for..i do not need to know

no problem continuung discussions..but as for me showing others how i automate my screening to generate entry..stop loss..and profit target levels..well..that will not happen..thanks to SOCRATES..for..many thought he was rude and a chancer..but i can honestly tell you he is one very clever person. who knows exactly how people think and operate..and as he said himself..many times..

"you can see the bars extend to the right of the chart, when you know what to look for"

we are still friends..and i still don't like the germans for screwing our country over:)

I have no problem discussing anything..with any person..but i have no intention of sharing the fine detail of my years of hard work with someone i don't even know..and that means anyone..nothing personal

as for your work..and i am not being smart..it does not interest me..why..because i have developed my own approach..that i know works..from endless hours of trial and error..and at fairly substantial financial cost

i respect your posts..and as mentioned..i am always interested in how others make money..but i do not want to know the fine details of any other persons method..for..i do not need to know

no problem continuung discussions..but as for me showing others how i automate my screening to generate entry..stop loss..and profit target levels..well..that will not happen..thanks to SOCRATES..for..many thought he was rude and a chancer..but i can honestly tell you he is one very clever person. who knows exactly how people think and operate..and as he said himself..many times..

"you can see the bars extend to the right of the chart, when you know what to look for"

we are still friends..and i still don't like the germans for screwing our country over:)

No one is asking you for the fine details of your trades. I am sure that there is more to your trading than what you post in that risk reward box. I highly doubt anyone will glean any vital from your risk reward setup. This is especially true if you put as much blood, sweat and tears as you say into it. All I am asking is how you calculate risk. You asked me how I calculate risk, so you cannot really say you are not all that interested. I am sorry to say that it feels a bit childish to ask to see something without a quid pro quo.

I do not even trade options or futures so I am sure there is nothing to worry about there. As you said "you are always curious about other people's methods". You should at least tell people you have no intention of sharing beforehand, especially since you said you would.

No one is asking you for the fine details of your trades. I am sure that there is more to your trading than what you post in that risk reward box. I highly doubt anyone will glean any vital from your risk reward setup. This is especially true if you put as much blood, sweat and tears as you say into it. All I am asking is how you calculate risk. You asked me how I calculate risk, so you cannot really say you are not all that interested. I am sorry to say that it feels a bit childish to ask to see something without a quid pro quo.

I do not even trade options or futures so I am sure there is nothing to worry about there. As you said "you are always curious about other people's methods". You should at least tell people you have no intention of sharing beforehand, especially since you said you would.

as far as i am aware..i have shared sufficient info to explain how i trade..i mentioned averages..same way you mentioned mean reversion..

i said i work out my levels for 30 stocks..based on averages..no good looking for $2 if the average is only 50 cent..remember

i also showed a section of my layout for short and long entry..then a customized chart with the target levels overlayed on the chart..explaining which target was hit

you can not say i did not show anything..for that is not true..as for being childish..i take that as a compliment..as children can trade much better than most adults:)

as far as i am aware..i have shared sufficient info to explain how i trade..i mentioned averages..same way you mentioned mean reversion..

i said i work out my levels for 30 stocks..based on averages..no good looking for $2 if the average is only 50 cent..remember

i also showed a section of my layout for short and long entry..then a customized chart with the target levels overlayed on the chart..explaining which target was hit

you can not say i did not show anything..for that is not true..as for being childish..i take that as a compliment..as children can trade much better than most adults:)

That is all fine. However, while you have shared some things they have been extremely vague. I did explain in detail how I make my averages.

All that I really want to know is what do you mean by averages? You never really said. What is it that you are averaging specifically? How are you averaging?

Again, with the level of sophistication that you have described to me I do not think explaining your averages will cause any harm.

Thank you.

That is all fine. However, while you have shared some things they have been extremely vague. I did explain in detail how I make my averages.

All that I really want to know is what do you mean by averages? You never really said. What is it that you are averaging specifically? How are you averaging?

Again, with the level of sophistication that you have described to me I do not think explaining your averages will cause any harm.

Thank you.

what is the most important thing to a daytrader in relation to stock selection?

or maybe i should say..what should be..probably more relevant

what is the most important thing to a daytrader in relation to stock selection?

or maybe i should say..what should be..probably more relevant

Not your averages :smart:

Dude, show me a calculation of something. Are you using any math? Those 6 numbers cannot be the entirety of your method. Just explain one piece. Average of what?

Last edited:
Not your averages :smart:

Dude, show me a calculation of something. Are you using any math? Those 6 numbers cannot be the entirety of your method. Just explain one piece. Average of what?

you have now given a hint to your age..which i am guessing 26?

you have to answer the question that is asked..not my averages is not an answer..it is a joke at my method..which is far from a joke

my method is very simple..based on proven market movements..that happen in all markets..but the method lends itself more useful when applied to certain US stocks..the main reason being..certain US stocks are heavily traded by large financial institutions..and it is their money that moves price up and down