Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
This last 30 mins as seen some weird moves - just glad I scalp

AU as really been going funny - the so called "easy pair" joined the GU in being "difficult"

Cad still making me pips on buy - and EU now back under 3400

EJ

Will post a chart on this pair for you John

Great scalp sell from end of 3 30 pm TW

It fallen nearly 50 pips so far - and although I was really late on entry - still got over 22 pips atm

Made my afternoon ;-))

EJ

Will post a chart on this pair for you John

Great scalp sell from end of 3 30 pm TW

It fallen nearly 50 pips so far - and although I was really late on entry - still got over 22 pips atm

Made my afternoon ;-))

I know, I was looking over at the GJ falling then switched back to the EJ and jumped in, didn't have the guts for GJ!

178238d1408115125-intraday-live-short-term-trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader-ej-15814.jpg
GJ just fell 40 pips

The yen pairs suddenly had drops by look of it

Will post that EJ chart now

Attachments

• EJ - 15814.JPG
    EJ - 15814.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
GU is shafted, all of the past 2 days price action is 'fake', so expect the bottom to fall out. I got in on a reverse at 96s, profit target set to 56s but will probably have to wait for next week for that.

have a guddun.

Same to you SD

Looks as though GU wants to try and go lower under its present range now - but as you say 56 might be too much for today- but you just never know with this "game"

Absolute peach!!!!

It really surprised me - because after i entered EU was rising and I am thinking OK - it might not drop to far - then suddenly we are down another 10 pips - and then another - when i tried to get out - I even had positive slippage of 2 pip lol

Pity I had not spotted it earlier - but EJ had not been on my radar much - until after 3 40 pm

It really surprised me - because after i entered EU was rising and I am thinking OK - it might not drop to far - then suddenly we are down another 10 pips - and then another - when i tried to get out - I even had positive slippage of 2 pip lol

Pity I had not spotted it earlier - but EJ had not been on my radar much - until after 3 40 pm

Best trade I've executed so far!!!

GU - downside target moved to 60s (from 56s) just in case it does really fall out of bed dont want to miss the fill down there. sweet.

GU - downside target moved to 60s (from 56s) just in case it does really fall out of bed dont want to miss the fill down there. sweet.

Looking on my 1 hr charts - I need under 6668 to really hold any scalp sells on for a try lower

As you know because I am only really trading in like 30 min time windows - above 6670 and 77 - I have to assume - 6700 will be tested again - or a LH at say 6695 - to then sell again

If price made above 6703 and 10 then whole ball game changes again - as then we might try above say 6725 /27 and then only fall back to say 6695 area and then carry on up.

Under 77 and 69 favours then bounces staying under 6690/95 - if that makes sense and then an attempt under 6655 and lower

Looking on my 1 hr charts - I need under 6668 to really hold any scalp sells on for a try lower

As you know because I am only really trading in like 30 min time windows - above 6670 and 77 - I have to assume - 6700 will be tested again - or a LH at say 6695 - to then sell again

If price made above 6703 and 10 then whole ball game changes again - as then we might try above say 6725 /27 and then only fall back to say 6695 area and then carry on up.

Under 77 and 69 favours then bounces staying under 6690/95 - if that makes sense and then an attempt under 6655 and lower

that's cool F. That's what I love about trading there are many ways to make money. Your methodology uses hourly time windows and LR's for scalps, mine is trying to track MM/Dealers and join them on their profit release portion. As you know I dont scalp, I am happy holding for days although usually go home flat. What does happen to me often though is I see a great exit or entry and exit and re-enter my position, so this can in some ways be like scalping but with the bigger picture in mind. I need to work on this part.

I also use time windows but they are based around the dealing sessions, London open, NY open, London close. I see the time windows on the top and bottom of the hours you talk about, glad you can find an edge in that.

The MM/Dealers typically make money in 2 ways that I know about. I am sure there are more, need to find these lol.

(i) dealing off flow. i.e. larger order comes in that they work. Retail traders cannot do this as we dont have the info. That's fine though, neither can an ex bank trader who is no longer getting the flow.

(ii) accumulation & profit release

This is where they work a position (buy weakness sell strength) with a view to releasing the profit. Retail traders can work a position, I dont do that but may in the future. What I do is look for the profit release and position myself with them.

advanced MM play - where it gets tricky is you have a bunch of MMs positioned long or short going into a profit release level. Some of them get itchy feet and cash out early making it harder for the remainder to make the full release. so you might have 10+ larger players all long, one or two of them get itchy feet 3 pips prior to the profit release level and they say funk it, we will book profits now, take a bit of slippage. It's a bit like herding sheep, once a couple are in the pen beware that all the others could suddenly follow them, nobody wants to be shafted.

just some musings. GL

Last edited:
that's cool F. That's what I love about trading there are many ways to make money. Your methodology uses hourly time windows and LR's for scalps, mine is trying to track MM/Dealers and join them on their profit release portion. As you know I dont scalp, I am happy holding for days although usually go home flat. What does happen to me often though is I see a great exit or entry and exit and re-enter my position, so this can in some ways be like scalping but with the bigger picture in mind. I need to work on this part.

I also use time windows but they are based around the dealing sessions, London open, NY open, London close. I see the time windows on the top and bottom of the hours you talk about, glad you can find an edge in that.

The MM/Dealers typically make money in 2 ways that I know about. I am sure there are more, need to find these lol.

(i) dealing off flow. i.e. larger order comes in that they work. Retail traders cannot do this as we dont have the info. That's fine though, neither can an ex bank trader who is no longer getting the flow.

(ii) accumulation & profit release

This is where they work a position (buy weakness sell strength) with a view to releasing the profit. Retail traders can work a position, I dont do that but may in the future. What I do is look for the profit release and position myself with them.

advanced MM play - where it gets tricky is you have a bunch of MMs positioned long or short going into a profit release level. Some of them get itchy feet and cash out early making it harder for the remainder to make the full release. so you might have 10+ larger players all long, one or two of them get itchy feet 3 pips prior to the profit release level and they say funk it, we will book profits now, take a bit of slippage. It's a bit like herding sheep, once a couple are in the pen beware that all the others could suddenly follow them, nobody wants to be shafted.

just some musings. GL

Hi SD

I agree with you - there are many ways to trade and maybe not so many that can make you more money on a daily basis with minimum risk.

Today as been another interesting and different one for a Friday

My early morning session from say 6 30 to 9 30 am was maybe as normal - and then I thought we might get the mid morning boring lull - but I had thought between say 1 pm and 3 15 pm - it would have kicked off with some nice 25 -60+ pip moves etc

Instead - its seemed fairly concentrated from 30 mins or so past the 2 55 pm news when a few tricks started and some moves kicked in - and then for a bit it seems to go mad .

After London close onwards it slowed down as maybe expected - but I have seen over the years some even non NFP Fridays after say 5 30 pm when London and Europe have disappeared the US traders have a field day - with like 100 -150 pip moves even at 6 30 pm UK time.

Whether we will see that happen again after say September , when the holiday seasons are over and hopefully volumes really kick in will maybe give us a guide if the good times are going to return.

Lets hope so (y)

Enjoy you weekend and good trading for next week

Regards

F

Sunday Evening 10 15 pm UK time

I very rarely trade on Sunday evenings but do check out a few pairs ready for Monday

Interesting with GU - its gapped up above 6700 to 6720 from the 6685/90 area of Friday evening

Also the Usd / Cad as gapped down approx 12 pips.

Normally "gaps" are closed out and recovered before moves continue - but as with everything in trading - not always guaranteed

See you in the morning prior to 7 00 am

F

Monday 18 th August 2014 - Pre Opens

Good Morning FX Intraday Traders

Monday morning and the start of another trading week.

No red news today - so you get the feeling its not going to be that busy a day - but with FX trading always be ready for anything to happen - as the element of surprise is always being used in this "money game".

Last night we saw the GU rise above 6700 - and so far its stayed going up with price so far at 6734 - with the next R area around 6740

Similar the CAD "gapped" down as as continue to fall to 0875 - with the next support area around 0860

I will go through the main pairs I plan to trade over today along with my key intraday levels to look at taking scalp buys or sells

Normal stuff as usual and all FX questions welcome

Have a good trading day and week

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.