Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at EA now and thinking why no free trade buy left on that one. Up over 180 pips just today and nearly 480 pips from Wednesday - unfortunately - left nothing on scalp buys and just kept taking scalp profits - must fine tune that part and adjust that on secondary pairs

Whilst i have been checking my pip tally today EU and EJ up higher again - might be a chance to scalp sell after this hour change from another new high

Meanwhile on 83 pips ( not double counting any part stake trades ) so over my 50 pip daily target - but hardly brilliant - i was about for the London Open this morning - and that period was slow and a waste of time and since then not been around to catch some of the nice small waves etc

Still easy over 400+ pips for the week - and all with stops under an average 5 pips - so low risk and higher stake sizes etc etc

Key thing is - don't have loosing days - even if it stops you having 200+ pip days whats the good of those when they go wrong - and you have 100 pip loss days - not for me ;-)

Consistency etc is key for having the confidence to have small stops and take the hits when you are not spot on with your entries - ps only 2 losses today and 11 wins

Forget scalp sells atm - as price still bullish even though not rising , EU would need under 40 and 39 to be in scalp sells and EJ - need under 13 to hold but 18 might start a scalp sell off

Takne all off EJ scalp sell at 08 - and off EU at 3541 - as now over 100 pips in total - so i can have a drink now - lol ;-))

Did not take AU - MM - as was more focused on GU / EJ and EU - and it was GU off all together not EU as that one was too slow

OK - off early to get ready for a chinese tonight - ;-))

Have fun - and will check out probably later

Enjoy your weekend as well

Regards

F

Hi MM - that is one of the advantages of blogging your intraday trades ideally just prior to entries etc - although many times with scalps you have not 5 -10 mins in advance to make your decision. This is because sometimes it may only all line up in a prior 1- 3 minute time window - and then you still get a gap before it appears on the thread for others to see etc.

At the end of the trading day you can then look at your comments and compare them with other time frames you may not have used etc and also see how the price structure is shown on frames that are not so useful for intraday short term - like the 4 and 8 hrs +

This will then assist you with your multi-time frame forecasting and also helps you understand when you scalp for say a small move under 20 pips with a 5 pip stop - other traders are just not seeing it

Enjoy your weekend

Regards

F

Last edited:
Looking at EA now and thinking why no free trade buy left on that one. Up over 180 pips just today and nearly 480 pips from Wednesday - unfortunately - left nothing on scalp buys and just kept taking scalp profits - must fine tune that part and adjust that on secondary pairs

I said this quote above on Friday afternoon and thinking why I had not been able to leave any free trade on the Eur Aud during a 130+ pip rise over the previous 10 hrs or so

As any followers of this thread know - trade entries for me are of paramount importance and need to be able to work with a maximum of a 7 pip stop and ideally from under 5 pips ( including the dealer spread and commission and in this case on the EA its normally 0.7 to 1.5 pips for the majority of trades I would take on it)

I had commented on both the EA and GA - the PA had been to my liking with say 7 -12 pip rises and then 6 -10 pip falls all within a few minutes. That type of PA may be ideal for quick scalps under a couple of minutes - but not ideal for leaving scalps on and developing them into "free trades" with the new stops in profit.

Lets look at what happened - see attached EA chart for the main time between the European Open and the London Close - ( my key trading session)

From after the opens it was possible to enter with a stop at a key support area of say 4639 to 45 ish . The rest of the day - it never went back to test this support area and kept on printing HH's and HL's on the one minute chart - the key chart for accuracy .

I have been asked before why do I not take free trades with 50% stakes instead of only 30% stakes

That is simple to answer - I have more scalps make winning pips than I do free trades - 65% - 85% of scalps make positive pips - whilst under under 50% of free trades left on make double or a lot more than the original scalp part.

So by taking off a 70% stake at a initial target say 7 -10 pips allows the 30% to go back to entry and you still come out with a good profit.

If you are able to take 70% off above 15 pips ( already a RR of 3 ) then you have a better chance of the free trade working and you could even let it go 10 pips below entry and still have a win - ie

Say 10 lots entered and at 15 pips you take 70% stake off - so at that point you have banked $1050 and still have $450 - you could have as well.

If you let that 30% stake go down to 10 pips below your initial entry - then you lose $300 off your banked profit of $1050 and so have a net $750 gain still.

Lets then say the 30% stake only goes 7 pips against your entry and then try again and over the next hr moves up 40 pips - which is really 33 pip gain and 18 pips above the 15 pip exit on the 70% .

Your total winnings then are $1050 + $990 = $2040 total and far better than taking the whole initial stake off at 15 pips - which would have given you only a total $1500 win ( so a 34% extra profit gain )

When a free trade goes on to make say 100 or 200 + pips - that's the real cream on the cake and the you can pyramid and peel on an ongoing basis - if you think the pair still as a lot more pips left in it over a longer period

Hope that explains some of my trade decisions. I do plan to look at taking 65% off and then split the 35% with still leaving 20% on for lot longer periods rather than closing all within the day - to see how that works out

Have a good last trading week of the month

Regards

F

Attachments

• EA - 221113.JPG
    EA - 221113.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 114
Good Morning - Monday 35th November 2013 and 7.05 am UK time - with the European Market now open

Quick Intraday over view -

EU - peaked at 3560 on Friday and under 3550 presently in a scalp sell mode with next supports at approx 3530

GU - peaked at 6241 last night and below 6234 as been in scalp sell mode but now bounced on an interim support at the 6205 area.

On both these pairs we need to see if supports can hold and then the strengths of the bounces.

With them being bullish on Friday we would need to see new highs again for this mode to be carrying on and so the next 1- 2 hrs should give us more clues for this mornings session

UChf - was bearish on Friday and fell to 9061 lat night. Since then bounced up to 9095 and from there to 9100 is a R area

Other pairs to follow and also further scalp trade plans

Have a good day - even if it is a Monday ;-)

EA - still bullish atm after a 400+ pip rise last week. New high in last hour at 4838 and above 4821 still may try for another high. First signs of a scalp sell being able to hold on - would possible from 4822 and 4818 areas

EJ - similar to EA - with a new high at 137.97 and so near the big number at 138.000. Would need a fall under 137.80 to look at holding any scalp sells taken meanwhile

AU - odd one out compared to EU and GU - as AU as been falling last week with new low this morning at 9121. Under 35 still in down mode but need another low for fall to continue and over 37 and 45 to be holding any scalp sells put on from HL's - such as one now from 9124

Well I have been scalp selling more than buying for now with more lows on GU / EU and AU - but all these scalps are too small to register for live calls atm as none of them are over 5 pips or last over a few minutes.

As soon as i see moves that have more potential - i will give proper calls with targets etc- although all following this thread - now my stops on average are approx 5 pips

Approx 5 mins to London Open - I notice one pair I don't normally trade as moved well this morning - ie the Cad - new high at 0582 - will watch this morning - just to see if it as any nice possibilities

OK - in this hour time window - 9 mins either side the hr change - we have had the EU ./ GU and AU all bounce from their lows and are in scalp buy modes again now. In the AU one as 24 was my price clue for higher and lower so far - need over 45 to hold it on

Status
Not open for further replies.