Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
GU

This pair started a fall from over 2 hrs ago at near 6830 area.. Now at 6809 - and i have only been in the scalp sell from 6814 and unless we do under 6805 - will exit as would expect bounces this hr - rather than a straight fall under 6800 and 6790.

From 15 mins ago on GU

Only made 6807 - so out at 6809 and then became a scalp buy - but have not taken

Interesting now as above 6810 - is scalp bullish and I can only scalp sell for now under 09 and 04

Looks like the 7 00 am UK time window was a busy one for scalp retraces

Not around for 8 00 am London Open - but back at desk that hr

See you later and stayed focused

Last edited:
Morning Forexmospherian

Firstly, as a complete novice to FX trading, your threads make interesting reading, thank you. Secondly, could you point me in the right direction to a book or jargon buster, because I don't understand some of the acronyms you are using in your threads above, and I feel knowing these would make it easier to understand what you are saying in these threads.

Your help would be appreciated.

Speak soon

here is a precis, if F does not mind me doing this. Perhaps you will correct me on any inaccurate points.
four area.
1) price action. for practice look to any naked trading threads
2) Support and resistance. Lots of gr8 threads here on that.
3) Linear regression. Many examples here, but i used gmma and hull rules to get an idea of how to read them. Still working on it as its an art
4) Time. If you think about it, all moves benefit someone and are started by a group of people. They are going to do this repetitively, and they have to have an end point for each move. F details a time structure throughout this thread with examples
So out of the 4 elements, there are two in combination that seem original to this method.

Last edited:
Morning Forexmospherian

Firstly, as a complete novice to FX trading, your threads make interesting reading, thank you. Secondly, could you point me in the right direction to a book or jargon buster, because I don't understand some of the acronyms you are using in your threads above, and I feel knowing these would make it easier to understand what you are saying in these threads.

Your help would be appreciated.

Speak soon

Morning Derolo

I think if you check out on the Forum some of the info provided by Timsk and his recommendations on things to read etc - that would start you off

I will say some of my terminology I use - might be just really some scalpers language - or even some of my own phrases etc - and not too mainstream

You are welcome to follow etc and worth checking out my other thread on my methods - please dont try and follow and trade my ways until you gain a good period of experience - whether after 6 months or even 12 months then you would be ready to proceed further. It is a journey and i suggest you do read all about the many different ways of trading etc - and only experiment on demo - until you think it is starting to make some sense etc

I wish you well and feel free to ask other questions on the other thread as well if you have any queries

Two of my favourite short term trade mentors / tutor would be Al Brooks and Lance Biggs - well worth checking out

All the best

Regards

F

End of 9 00 am time window now

A lot of news today - and a red announcement on the EU in less than an hour

Movements slow atm - will do another review for next time window in approx 15 mins

Hi F

Many thanks for getting back to me. I have read enough books to know that I should start trading on a demo account and that its all about "capital preservation", and I dont have money to throw away, so I want to be sure I know what I am doing.

I will certainly keep track of your threads, and hopefully over time, I will understand the language you are speaking. Christ, sounds like something off star wars, ha ha.

If you don't mind, would it be ok to post a question, if I don't understand something on one of your threads?

Many thanks again

Derolo

End of 9 30 am time window and hope you got the EU and EJ on falls .

Not mentioned EJ so far so will review again soon - but EU had been scalp sells under 3805 and 3800 for me from ages ago - and mentioned prior to LO

Hi F

Many thanks for getting back to me. I have read enough books to know that I should start trading on a demo account and that its all about "capital preservation", and I dont have money to throw away, so I want to be sure I know what I am doing.

I will certainly keep track of your threads, and hopefully over time, I will understand the language you are speaking. Christ, sounds like something off star wars, ha ha.

If you don't mind, would it be ok to post a question, if I don't understand something on one of your threads?

Many thanks again

Derolo

No problem - it is quiet this morning - as most of action later on today i reckon

just got to pop out for 20 mins - but back and around then - so will be able to hopefully answer later on

Regards

F

here is a precis, if F does not mind me doing this. Perhaps you will correct me on any inaccurate points.
four area.
1) price action. for practice look to any naked trading threads
2) Support and resistance. Lots of gr8 threads here on that.
3) Linear regression. Many examples here, but i used gmma and hull rules to get an idea of how to read them. Still working on it as its an art
4) Time. If you think about it, all moves benefit someone and are started by a group of people. They are going to do this repetitively, and they have to have an end point for each move. F details a time structure throughout this thread with examples
So out of the 4 elements, there are two in combination that seem original to this method.

Agree - excellent quick summary MM

Just popping out for 20 mins
and then back and around most of day

Check out AU - over 9280 - wants higher still

See you in a bit

Regards

F

got the ea long on news. t13 entry at 48516, i was being slow. think i shld have entered at 48420, but as it was news i wanted more confirmation lol!

Morning Derolo

I think if you check out on the Forum some of the info provided by Timsk and his recommendations on things to read etc - that would start you off

I will say some of my terminology I use - might be just really some scalpers language - or even some of my own phrases etc - and not too mainstream

You are welcome to follow etc and worth checking out my other thread on my methods - please dont try and follow and trade my ways until you gain a good period of experience - whether after 6 months or even 12 months then you would be ready to proceed further. It is a journey and i suggest you do read all about the many different ways of trading etc - and only experiment on demo - until you think it is starting to make some sense etc

I wish you well and feel free to ask other questions on the other thread as well if you have any queries

Two of my favourite short term trade mentors / tutor would be Al Brooks and Lance Biggs - well worth checking out

All the best

Regards

F

You may want to edit your post on the first page and add links to some of your more key posts

got the ea long on news. t13 entry at 48516, i was being slow. think i shld have entered at 48420, but as it was news i wanted more confirmation lol!

Hi MM

Still away from my desk and just on a tablet atm in a train station car park - awaiting a friend

Missed 10 00 am news - but that's sounds a cracking entry even at 48516 - never mind 4842 area

I can see off a price link up over 50 pips from that - nice one

Well Done

Meanwhile I was stopped out AU on a 30% stake NPGT at set stop on my buy in mid 80's - but still it was in profit - so not all pain

Hope to be back in 20 mins- see you later

F

ok 4904 the floor.

Agree - but allow a few pips for spikes and play - notice another barrier at 4897 - then 4890

I think EA is bullish above these 3 levels - but might want to test all of them

4930 is like a roof atm - so 40 pip range - which is not a BTTZ for now - but could become one

Also above 4931 and say 35 scalp buys - below 4889 and 84 scalp sell - to hold or to add

AU - got stopped out 30% stake with only 2 pips profit - due to news taking price down to 9271 area

Need back above 80 and 85 to take more scalp buys - as price might test 60 -65 now - and if they let go 45-50

Status
Not open for further replies.