Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very similar to me then John - 70%+ of time on tick and 1 min charts and only check world maps - ie all over 1 hr up to monthly - just for a big picture view etc etc on possibilities for patterns etc

My trend is based on more than 3 pips and lasting ideally over 5 minutes.

i do also put great emphasis on MM - and as I type pulled last EU scalp for minus 2 pips - rather than wait and find I am 5 or 7 or even 10 pips the wrong way.

Trading can be simple if you don't want to make money ;-))

So - if my average wins are over 5 pips and good trades over 15 pips and cream on the cake trades over 30 pips - my stops - need to be tight and ideally under 5 pips.

Then its just a numbers game - do I need 6 trades to make my target ?? or 8 trades or will I have to make 14 trades because i make too many errors on entries etc etc

I do get suckered into these "tease" zones many times - and some times I am lucky and make 3- 7+ pips and other times - I think I have just lost another 3 or 4 pips - but that's just trading and as long as you can deal with it and stay focused - you will make far more winning pips than losing pips

Glad I can be of assistance in some way - and GL with the on going journey ;-)

Regards

F

One of the main mantra's that you preach is something that so many traders could benefit from listening to you, and that is being fluid in the respect that if the trades going against you, cut it, and jump the other way if the trades there.

No amount of willing, wishing or hoping is going to stop the market doing what its going to do. You have to leave your sentimental side outside your office before you enter "your trading zone".

Another thing you touch upon is the so called trades which I call the "Kansas city shuffle trades"(yes, yes I did steal this term from a film, Lucky number Slevin), and that is where you're suckered into a trade one way, only for it to go the other, and these trades can seriously test your psychological strength, as you know you should cut it, and go the other way, but sometimes willing, wishing, and hoping keep you in it till you're stop is hit, but I guess that comes with more experience, which a lot of traders can learn from you, as you cut losing trades before SL is hit, and I'm sure obviously, as time goes on there'll be more for us to learn from each other.

Best
John.

Whilst EU and GU try up again and swissy pulls back - the odd one out AU is slowly falling again - can it take out 09 or not ?

Will watch this half hr time window - to see if anything is on - and then have 20 min break for a sarnie today

Yes - once you have been trading over 2 hours or so - you need a break etc to refresh etc etc - otherwise suddenly you performance levels drop etc etc - having one in about 10 mins for 20 mins or so

GJ - as first interim supports at 160.88 / 90 area - price at 161.04 atm - so just waiting to look for scalp sell.

Normally never jump in - even in price and time is right - need more clues - as still rising as I type

Status
Not open for further replies.