Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.00 PM time window- EJ - 140.95 is key now for another try up. We have twice bounced above 92 for tries higher - with the best being 141.09. This time we need to print another HL to try up again.

Under 94 and 88 would be scalp selling

EJ - on three scalp buys and 1 scalp sell in last 90 mins - just made 34 pips so far

I am wanting this scalp buy to now stay above 141.02 and will place stop at 04

Out 70% of EJ scalp buy at 141.17 and stop on 30% moved up into more profit at 141.07

EU at 61 and out of a quick scalp buy from 57 for just 2 pips

Back next hour

measly 52% correct today and revenue lost.
Will try again tomorrow.

Hi MM

Don't forget this afternoon the US had their holiday and it as been slow - even on pairs like the GJ and EJ etc.

Talking of the EJ - one for you to study from 12.37 pm - 1.00pm and 3.41pm and my comments just after lunchtime ie -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forexmospherian View Post
2.00 PM time window- EJ - 140.95 is key now for another try up. We have twice bounced above 92 for tries higher - with the best being 141.09. This time we need to print another HL to try up again.

Under 94 and 88 would be scalp selling
EJ - on three scalp buys and 1 scalp sell in last 90 mins - just made 34 pips so far

I am wanting this scalp buy to now stay above 141.02 and will place stop at 04

Well its now at 141.28 and still bullish - but it was not until after 3.41pm and the 4 00 pm time windows that you could just have left a buy on - as the first 2 hrs of the turn where just not easy ;-)

This morning was OK with some nice scalps and intraday small wave moves - but this afternoon would test any trader and thats why I had not been bothering much

I am sure every day and every week - you are learning more about the "skill" needed to Intraday trade - its not easy - but then if it was -there just would not be any market as there would be just too many getting it right and then how would the successful traders make their money (lol)

Love to hear you thoughts on today and when you look bak what did you do well - and what should you have not done ??

Regards

F

Last edited:
Yes i have been reviewing what i did today.
1) i am bringing in my sl too soon. This is driven by desire to keep win ratio up.
2) entering too quickly. This is because of fear of missing a move or not getting in within 5 pips of top
2b) i should be waiting for retrace.
3) focus has shifted overly to watching lr. I think i should be picking out p.a. hi's and lo's for last few hours and also micro hi and low of recent action. one of these groups should provide me with a setup framework (ie dy and int res/supp to hold or be broken and a further key level to hold/ be broken.
4) Don't know exactly when the contrariety emerged in me, but i seem to be trying to pick reversals, which means i am not giving due regard to the mode we are in and immediately stacking odds against myself
5) pace can vary depending on market conditions.
will study your example!

Hi MM

Yes you are doing a good review on yourself and I am sure you are taking it all in

I have attached my EJ chart - just make sure yours in similar with the longer Lrs - as mine said cleary above 141.89 / 90 - the bias was still up ??

Regards

F

PS - Out tonight - but around again from morning opens etc - sorry I had to get whole chart on - dont know whether you can play with it and blow it up to see smaller Lrs and time etc etc

Attachments

• EJ - 200114.JPG
    EJ - 200114.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 132
Tuesday 21st January 2014 approx 7.00 am UK time

Morning Traders

Quick review on key pairs

EU - in a tight range - approx 40 pips 3530 to 3570 - 2 LH's but only 1 LL intraday

UChf - Bullish above 9090 with high so far 9125 In scalp sell mode under 24 but needs 13 and 09 to be reached to hold scalp sell on. Over 28 and 31 more scalp buys

GU - In a bigger range 6395 - 6460 - presently bullish above 6434 but need over 48 and 52 to hold on longer

EJ - still bullish above 141 45/50 with high early this morning of 141.83

AU - stayed above 8790 - but like EU in a range with 8835-40 needing to be breached if it wants to go higher, - for me intraday session bias bullish above 8810.

More to follow

Out on a school run around 7.45am and then back before 9.00am

Have a good day - yes OK - I wlll :)

Regards

F

PS - Hi MM - will look through your last 2 comments and hope to see you later on

Last edited:
Tuesday 21st January 2014 approx 7.00 am UK time

Morning Traders

Quick review on key pairs

UChf - Bullish above 9090 with high so far 9125 In scalp sell mode under 24 but needs 13 and 09 to be reached to hold scalp sell on. Over 28 and 31 more scalp buys

Well bagged my first 7 pips off Swissy - not one of my favourites to trade - but positives pips all count and are money

Any other Comment....

Hi Helas

Apologies - I am sorry - I think I might have missed your original post

Thank you for your comments - and yes I hope to carry on posting

You are welcome to join in - either with any trades - or views / questions etc etc

Popping out for about 40 mins or so now - shame some nice bullish scalps going on with Swissy still bearish atm

Have a good day

Regards

F

Just entering the hour time window and i have only been back 5 mins and can see a lot of play this last hour. We are currently seeing bouncing back up after quick drops on the pre LO bullish pairs

The GU as just bounced back up from 6406 - 20 pips approx - but under 6435 - you should be able to scalp sell it again - but the 1000 dollar question is - when it falls again - will it just make a HL??

The EU bounce is less then 13 pips and similar you can sell it again under 3550.

AU - could not stay above 8810 and did not test high of 35/6 - so really under 10 and 8800 is just scalp sell again. We have had the bounce at 8778/9 - but a very small one. Under 8800 its another sell again to test if supports around 8780-85 can hold

Above 8800 and 8810 would be scalp buys again

Notice on calender some important Red EU news at 10 00 am - and then CAD red news at 1.30pm

Got the feeling another range day - could be boring - but if I am thinking like that - the market might be setting the sentiment up - to do different ;-))

Swissy - above 9108 and 11 still bullish - but need another high above 9145 - to confirm more scalp buys can be held.

Under 9105 and 9100 I would look then to hold and take more scalp sells.

Noticed on AU - at 7.39am ( end of time window ) and price at 8821-23 was the scalp sell sign - that lead to a 40 pip drop in under 1 hr.

Shame was not here to take advantage of it - but then after 8,30am - price bounced and still above the low as of now

GU - 28 was the bounce high - and as said under 35 you could scalp sell again

HL atm of 6411/12 - so range 28 to 11 - 17 pips - next clues given when we break this range properly - not just by 1-3 pips

Status
Not open for further replies.