Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst we see both the EU and GU try and rise higher - the Swissy as fell under last ,low of 9110 to 9097 and still trying lower as we enter the hr time window

EJ - not traded this pair so far this morning - like the EU it as been rising ( over 60 pips) and now as a high at 141.25 and more R's at the 30 -35 area. Above 141.11 and 08 still scalp bullish and would only scalp sell or take new ones under those 2 prices

Morning guys - pulled 70% off scalp buy on EU now as - cannot get over 3560 and 56 is a scalp sell

Above 46 still in up mode - and would hope to scalp buy again lower

Looking at EU again - i can still scalp buy down to 41/42 - but if they got breached and we went under 38 and 35 then its back to scalp sell again

Hi Dinos

Do you generally stay under say 3 or 5 trades a day - or if you see nice set ups on multi pairs do you venture for larger numbers ?

Regards

F

Good Morning FM, I try to be consistent and target 3 - 5 trades a day, (1 x DAX and 1 x DOW, and the rest FX).

I have a target income, I identified how to achieve that income in as few a trades as possible, using a RR on the 1:2 on the DAX and 1:25 on the Dow and simply 1:1 on EU trades.

I run a system whereby, I take profit at a set number of pips, if I still have a powerful confluence, I may decide take half the position off and raise the stop to entry to try add a few pips more, however I'm not greedy, and I won't chase mega pips, l'll leave that to the glory hunters, my aim is to achieve my target pips asap in a relaxed calm manner, which in turn delivers my income.

In I want to "earn" more money, I would simply increase my exposure, but trade at the same level as I do now, but money is not my motivator.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards

Attachments

• safe bp.jpg
    safe bp.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 61
EU - not gone under 47 - but have not scalp bought again - and instead will take other 30% stake off the main scalp buy if we don't make over 57 before the start of the next time window in 12 mins time

Good Morning FM, I try to be consistent and target 3 - 5 trades a day, (1 x DAX and 1 x DOW, and the rest FX).

I have a target income, I identified how to achieve that income in as few a trades as possible, using a RR on the 1:2 on the DAX and 1:25 on the Dow and simply 1:1 on EU trades.

I run a system whereby, I take profit at a set number of pips, if I still have a powerful confluence, I may decide take half the position off and raise the stop to entry to try add a few pips more, however I'm not greedy, and I won't chase mega pips, l'll leave that to the glory hunters, my aim is to achieve my target pips asap in a relaxed calm manner, which in turn delivers my income.

In I want to "earn" more money, I would simply increase my exposure, but trade at the same level as I do now, but money is not my motivator.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards

Hi Dinos

The main thing is you have a qualified and successful method that works for you and you can easily compound it with additional stake sizes etc - if need be

If its not broke - don't mess with it ;-)

Have a good week

Regards

F

EU - coming up to hour change and top so far 3562. I have taken the other 30% off my main scalp buy and really will only look at more scalp buys over 66 and 70.

Similar with GU - out of scalp buys for now

GU - i did think it would try the interim R area at 6460 -65. So far only got to 53 and signs of interim topping. Under 41 and 38 scalp sells - but still in an up mode and so would want to try and scalp buy again above 35 if it did start falling to that level

i think people are selling the 38 retrace

It is another difficult tease to work out.

We know also around 3530 the EU as good support - - then we have smaller supports at 40/41 and 45/6

If all 3 went - ok - a change is being tried - but whilst above at least 30 - then another scalp buy is on the cards as some point.

With regards to scalp sell - under 55 started it and now I would need back over 52 and 54 to be scalp buying again

i think people are selling the 38 retrace

IMHO don't assume anything, its got a tendency to come back and bite you on the rear :). What 's important is how you see the markets and trade it accordingly, what you think everybody else is doing doing is irrelevant. Focus 100% on yourself. :)

Out in 10 mins for about 30 mins - GU also still in a scalp sell bias under 6445- got out all scalp buys early on as already commented on - but had not bothered with the GU scalp sell - shame - I should have ;-((

Last edited:
It is another difficult tease to work out.

We know also around 3530 the EU as good support - - then we have smaller supports at 40/41 and 45/6

If all 3 went - ok - a change is being tried - but whilst above at least 30 - then another scalp buy is on the cards as some point.

With regards to scalp sell - under 55 started it and now I would need back over 52 and 54 to be scalp buying again

Having to exit at 59 - as out for 30+ mins

GL

For me EU is range bound between 1.3547 and 1.3560 and needs to break before I will consider a trade, likelihood is you'll be drawn in and thrown out of trades in this range, all IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.