Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA - as dropped 40 pips from its pullback high of 5384 - not got many as was concentrating on AU and so not entered EA scalp sell until 53

Dilemma on EA and AU - on EA 5335 is a scalp buy and by sell stop now at 50 - so should I take all sell profit now ??

Similar on AU - or is it worth risking one - and covering your odds ? ;-))

Are you counting each partial close as a separate trade?

Yes - so 24 trades - but still really good and a nice profit

Will check you win ratios etc - and even with FXP trying to take all your money off you - you are still nicely up

I take my hat off to you - WD ..... again

Now slow down :D

:clap:MM - 71% win ratio on 24 trades - but I think lower on the pure new ones and over 160 pips net - with the largest loss still under what 6 - 9 pips? Takes some doing

Study it break it down into detail and then pat yourself on your back:clap:

You are a glutton for punishment, MM. I'm knocking off. I took 10 points on the Footsie, this afternoon which I don't think interests this thread.. It's a very lively index, though and worth keeping an eye on.

I hope that you had a good day. You trade so much that I can't keep track. I hope that forex did, too.

Have a great weekend Spiltink and all others members following and even joining in . All are welcome and although I am only currencies - i don't mind commenting on any pairs that you might be looking at

See you Monday sometime

Regards

F

right enough,just fecced 3 in a row. its thes commission charges they are really stuffing my focus and making me revenge trade. so im turning it all off.
Am pleased with weaknesses uncovered this week.
I will now set and complete the task of being more mindful, better pace and improve self control.
Ty for all help guys. Its slow progress but rewarding enough!

the spreads are the killer and bury most scalpers ...........

swear to god if F shows some decent cards in January as promising I will return to the scalping table again ......

I have an impending redundancy due by june next year and really cannot be ar*sed to spend anymore time in corporate life :cool:

N

the spreads are the killer and bury most scalpers ...........

swear to god if F shows some decent cards in January as promising I will return to the scalping table again ......

I have an impending redundancy due by june next year and really cannot be ar*sed to spend anymore time in corporate life :cool:

N

I do not profess to be able to follow the reasoning behind what's going on but am happy to be able to relate to trading forex with those on here. I do my own reasoning, for right or wrong, watch what they are trading. F is not a scalper, neither am I but it seems that MM is, with 24 trades done yesterday against my 2, so there is a difference in styles for everyone.

Hi N and Split

I think you are correct Split - For my normal trading I am not really a full time scalper - according to the proper definitions.

I had asked MM to trying scalping so that it would help him read PA at the "coalface" and in the "noise".

I do scalp many times - to get my "eye" in when the market is slow and more normal waves are difficult to find.

Personally my own ideal trade moves are 7 -25+ pips that happen ideally under 15 minutes or 30 min max

If they look after that period - they might have greater potential - I will try and leave a "free trade" on with a 30% stake and the stop ideally in profit ideally above 5 pips.

I can then relax with those trades - they are at no risk really - as if stopped out - still got profit even if at a reduced amount - but if say 2/4 out of 10 of these "free trades" work - I might end up seeing 30 - 50 or even 100's of pip of them - purely depending on long I want to leave them running etc and how much space I allow them - knowing i can still scalp against my "free trades" with a full 100% stake for the normal 7-25 pips

Proper scalpers just after a few pips off each trade might take 30 - 70 trades a day.

Yet again - I can do it - but really prefer less stress and constant focus and so limit myself ideally to 10- 20 trades max a day - that can cover easily 10 hrs - but really i am only focusing for about 10 -15 min every hr for a good set up - so on short days when I only say cover 4-5 hrs at key times - i can still do 8 -12 trades - nothing to a scalper.

My daily target of 50 pips minimum is really just a "line in the sand" to motivate me and make me work.

When I have good calls and trades this might be achieved in 5 to 8 trades quite easily - if I am having a bad session with 3 or more bad trades in a row - I might have to take 15 -20 trades to achieve my target - ie I have to work harder if I lose my focus and concentration etc.

There will always be 20+ trades available for me on 2- 4 currency pairs during a trading session /day.

One of my trading buddies on another site 2 years ago did approx 36 trades over a full 10 -12 hrs all on forex pairs and made over 600+ pips. You just cannot do that every day - the focus and energy used will burn you out - and so as I say to MM pace yourself - 10 -20 trades a day is surely enough ;-)

I look forward to you N joining us in some scalping sessions in 2014. Sorry to hear if you are leaving the corporate world - but I am sure you have the disciplines and knowledge to make big trading bucks in this little retail section - that's as long as you don't need a premier footballers salary every week lol

Have a good weekend

Regards

F

Hi N and Split

I look forward to you N joining us in some scalping sessions in 2014. Sorry to hear if you are leaving the corporate world - but I am sure you have the disciplines and knowledge to make big trading bucks in this little retail section - that's as long as you don't need a premier footballers salary every week lol

Have a good weekend

Regards

F

ok i'll skip the footballers salary .......but can i bite anyone ?

N

Hi N and Split

Have a good weekend

Regards

F

agreed I am being far to generalist in my terms .........lets call it short term trading ..........

N

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.