Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you

Hi Scchplendid

I have checked my charts including the tick chart and at the critical time to buy on this trade -ie at 9.00am UK - middle of a time window - the lowest price I had just prior was at 89229.

Although I know how FX Jiggy trades - I don't know which broker he was using and his platform must have been showing a lower price at the time

Live broker platforms can differ quite easily by 1-3 pips in price depending on a lot of factors. As a trader you can only trade your platform- so what ever that price was - it was certainly lower than yours and my platforms

I can see your charts show that price was OS and was coming to a support area - but instead of testing it - Price made a HL - ( compared to 8919 earlier in the Asian session) - and that with other "clues" was good enough to scalp buy - with your stop being at your low or 19/21.

It was a lovely scalp - even though I was not in it for a start and then over the next few hrs went up approx 35 pips ( yes I caught some) It then stopped and reversed at the 1.00pm UK hour change

Have a great Christmas

Regards

F

Thank you for the feedback and responses. If the price is making a higher low, what other triggers do you look for. I noticed that you showed some MA's on threads a while back, is this part of your "other clues"?
Happy Hogmanay wishes.
Scchplendid

Morning Traders - Friday 27th December 2013 and approx 10 -15 min prior to London Open at 8.00am

Looks as though the Asian Session as been fairly busy with dollar weakness and EU / GU / AU / EJ / EA rises.

EU as risen up to 3775 in the last hr with Interim R at 3775-85 and then 3800.

EU supports at 3732 - 45 and you can scalp sell under 56 and 52 for a fall to supports and above 68 and 70 take more scalp buys to test R's again

GU - similar to EU - been up to a high of 6477 with R's around 75 - 85. Above 63 still in up scalp bias and you need under 61 and 57 to hold or take new scalp sells for interim supports at 40 -45 area

UChf - fell to 8905 - still down bias under approx 27 and need over 35 and 41 to hold scalp buys or take new ones for back up to 58-65 R area

Will update some other pairs in next 15 - 20 mins etc

Will be around for a few hrs today and will be loking for scalps in the 2 time windows every hr

Have a good one ;-)

Regards

F

Last edited:
8.06 - New highs on EU and GU - taken 70% off EU at 78 and 70% off GU at 6484. Lock 30% in 2 pips of profit and forget ;-) - either way now you have profits in both scalps.

Thank you for the feedback and responses. If the price is making a higher low, what other triggers do you look for. I noticed that you showed some MA's on threads a while back, is this part of your "other clues"?
Happy Hogmanay wishes.
Scchplendid

Hi Scchplendid

Yes always looking for lots of scalping "clues" for price directions.

I use the 30 / 60 /240 min charts for the big map picture etc and them mainly take all trades from tick and 1-3 min charts.

I prefer Linear Regression indicators to MA's - as they are less lagging and also have other qualities compared to moving averages.

My main analysis is based on PA in time windows ( 9 mins either side the 30 and 60 min frame changes ) along with trend lines / interim - main and dynamic S & R / HH's and HL's and opposites / PA speed / LR supports and resistances / OB / OS on 30 / 60 min frames ( RSI at 2 setting) / gameplay / classic ABC patterns and even some harmonics such as H & S''s on small frames.

The more "clues" the better ;-)

GL

Regards

F

EA and EJ - both still trying up - but not in these 2 pairs atm - Also coming to the half hr time window now - so we might see peaking soon

Taken 30% on EU off at 3794 and moved GU stop up to 92 - greedy - but if stopped out no problem ;-))

Nice pips off first 2 scalps - pleased

Not bothering looking for scalp sells in half hr time window - as will wait not for the hr and then do a review again

On EU need under 92 and 89 to scalp sell and over 95 still in up scalp bias - but no plans to go back in atm

EJ - seems to be a nice pair this morning - Up over 50 pips since opens - above 144.38 still in scalp buy mode with present high 144.53. Tempted - but I think I will wait for some pullbacks - or even look for some scalp sells next hr.

morning peter just curious are you stalking eur/usd for possible long ???

Hi BP

No longer in EU scalp buy as came out at 3794.

Yes for me it was buys above 3768 and 70. Thats the area I will be watching now on any pullbacks down again

So far got high this morning at 38005 - and thinking 3800 will be protected and would only hold scalp buys over 3804 and 07.

Still got EU as bullish - yes can hold scalp sell under 87 and 84 now - but whilst above 3730 and 50 - still would not be surprised EU trying over 3850 and even 3900 etc etc

Similar with GU - still have bullish and need under 6420 and 6400 - to think its peaked again

Have a good day

EU - I have attached a 30 min chart over last 3 weeks on EU showing still in uptrend and needing over 3800 and ideally 3820+ for further rises.

If we cannot break over 3820+ then supports will be tested - but really need under 3620 and 3600 for the down bias to be coming in more and then would think Up mode is topping

GL

Attachments

• EU - 271213 30 MIN.JPG
    EU - 271213 30 MIN.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 91
I am a bit of a duffer myself but lets try long eur/usd 1.3796 stop -7 (live)

You are probably ten times better than me BP ;-) On my set up if we can break above 3807 then momentum still on for 3820+.

No 3807 in next 30 mins - then that might be it for a bit - as price on EU as done more than a daily ATR atm

GL - BP - and morning PLDB - have a good un ;-)))

You are probably ten times better than me BP
any more :LOL: this friday morning Peter . be assured I am a duffer , but possible long looming on eur/usd again
hope you have a good new year

Cheers BP - I reckon at atm - EU is resting - and still not given up. OK under 88 and 86 you can get some more scalp sells for small pips - but above 95 still trying and on any larger pullbacks still got dynamic supports at 80 ish and then more at 65 -70

EJ - been up to 73 now - been a better bet than EU as not suffering so much game play. Worth looking at another scalp buy above 50 after any pullbacks - especially if EU stays above 3790

Status
Not open for further replies.