Not open for further replies.
Morning guys - Monday 8.00am - just having a look what's going on

EU trying to see if it can make the 3700 area from its 3625 lows

Will check a few pairs out whilst I ponder do I hold scalp sells under 3690

Merry Christmas to you all and also a super profitable New Year

Regards

F

AU and GU - both still intraday bullish atm

AU needs to break over 8955 and 8960 - previous highs to really have a go at trying for the big 9000.

Hello Peter,

Good Morning to you. AuD in a channel and currently heading to channel support @89212. At hour change we might get a bounce up.

Hello Peter,

Good Morning to you. AuD in a channel and currently heading to channel support @89212. At hour change we might get a bounce up.

Morning FXJiggy

Excuse me had a phone call and having to pop out

Will be back hopefully in the hour

GL with your calls - you are welcome

Regards

F ( Peter ;-) )

Coming up to midday - and sorry - my 30 -40 min journey back and forth took well over an hr and now I got a few people around - so not really in the trading focus atm

Will have a look when I can. FxJiggy - good call on the AU on exactly the hr change at a great price. You can claim your 20 pips - and even more if we get over 45 -55 and 60 - a tough R area to crack

10 pip stop was a bit extravagant - 3-5 pips would have been fine ;-))

EU could not get below 70-75 support area and as now testing R's again at 90 to 3700 - although giving us another clue with a LH. Will we see a LL under 70 or are we now in a Bermuda Triangle before the market commits ;-)

Nothing really grabbing me - just scalp opportunities as normal

Will pop back later

Regards

F

Hi MM - hope you are already for the 25th - I am nearly there ;-)

Only done 3 trades all day - as been out most of the time - will not hit my 50 pips today - but saying that rarely would just on 3 trades - even if they are all correct ;-)

Will have a look in the morning around Opens - and will be around to have a look on Friday - as not going away just yet

Might catch you later or in the morning

Regards

F

50 pip daily targets with 5 pip stops risking 1%...............

Hi PLDB

That's part of the secret....... - but please don't tell anyone ;-)

Yes 5 pip average stops are key - If I am wrong - I want to be out in 2 or 3 pips - not wait for 5 pips and worry about the trade not being in profit for an hr or so

When I am right - its a great feeling when you see your trade move 5 or 7 or 15+ pips your way and ideally within 10 minutes - you can bank it and think - I just got an RR of 2+ and some traders wait 4 hrs or even days to get the same result ;-)

Yes 1% stake or even less on accounts over $50k - I can the scalp simultaneously with 2 or 3 pairs if I am only on 0.5% stake and I remember one 15 min period this last quarter when I got over 60 pips in total with the best scalp doing nearly twice as many pips as the EU in exactly the same time ;-)

Have a Merry Christmas - and make sure you hold on to your Ipad and your tape measure when you are sitting on the bog - you don't want to get them wet again lol

Regards

F

Merry Christmas and a happy. healthy and prosperous New Year.

Just having a look after the start of the LO at 8 00am to see what it's like on Christmas Eve.

Not planning to try and take 20 trades today whilst eating mince pies, drinking mulled wine and sherry, braving the roads and visiting family and friends etc etc ;-)

There is some good scalp movements already - but notice Australia and New Zealand already on a Bank Holiday - but important red Dollar news at 1.30 pm and 3.00 pm

On The scalp side the EA as been active since EO and as dropped over 30 pips with price now at 5339 and supports at 5328-35 so watch next hr time window

Will update a few others along with some intraday forecasts / ideas etc

Comments on EU - so far this morning its been lower from the 3700 down to 3673. Below 3660 and 50 would say to me further falls - whilst staying above 65 and trying back over 85 is basically back to scalp buying.

Similar with GU - which as been falling down to 6322 - needs under 15 and then 6300 to think its going to carry in a down rally. Back over 6345 would be scalp buys - and they would be worth holding over 55 and 60.

UChf - presently in up mode above 8950 with present high at 64. Would need under 45 and 30 to be going back into a down rally move.

With regards to EA at this hr time window - low so far at 5332 - which is a support area - but still not ready for a scalp buy - in fact as I type its just dropped to 31 with 3 mins of my time window - to see if we post a low that will hold

EA - 20 was hit and not held and now at 14 - if you cannot scalp buy it - what should you have been doing from really under 43?. Just out of interest will see if we can find support in this next half hr time window and then - if we do - we might be able to scalp buy it ;-)

5311 low in time window and 14 became the scalp buy.

So now only scalp sell EA if it goes under say 5307. Whist above it should find more supports and any scalp buy can be held then if we make over 33 and 35

GL ;-)

5311 low in time window and 14 became the scalp buy.

So now only scalp sell EA if it goes under say 5307. Whist above it should find more supports and any scalp buy can be held then if we make over 33 and 35

GL ;-)

Now 11.15 + am - 90 mins on from this post - only bothered trading the EA - simply because it took my interest with regards it price structure after a nice fall.

I have taken four of my own type of short term trades on it since 8.20 am time - 2 scalp sells and 2 scalp buys - with the range being from 5346 to 5311.

Price now at 5338 - so if you had bought above 14 - then easy 20+ pips - on just one trade - but with 4 trades - well over double that

I think you can only hold scalp buys on now if price clears 5346 and 50.

Otherwise look for scalp sells in the time windows

Might not be around next hr or so - but will pop back during US session

All the best and GL

Regards

F

Some Clarification Please

AUD LONG @8921, SL 8910 , clicked!!

Hi,
I have checked my charts from yesterday and cannot understand how/what you used as a trigger for this trade yesterday. Can you please help me out here?
I am not new to trading but, as per the attached, what is it that you are using to trigger trades on a 5 minute chart?
The dotted green line on the attached is @ 8921
Thank you
Scchplendid

Attachments

• 23122013AU.png
    23122013AU.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 106
I can see a conservative entry on m1 at 0906

You guys have a Merry Christmas. I've stayed away these last two days because of the quiet period. I prefer to keep my money until the New Year!

Oh, yes. Special attention to stops while these power cuts are happening.

Last edited:
yes the power really stuffed my pc yesterday. Kept happening during system reboot check etc. nightmare. a week till new pc gains sentience.
Happy Xmas all!

Don't forget that battery that I told you about. Not turning the computer off, properly, can damage data.

As an afterthought, you, probably don't need one with a laptop--I'm still using a tower computer that plugs into the mains.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have checked my charts from yesterday and cannot understand how/what you used as a trigger for this trade yesterday. Can you please help me out here?
I am not new to trading but, as per the attached, what is it that you are using to trigger trades on a 5 minute chart?
The dotted green line on the attached is @ 8921
Thank you
Scchplendid

Hi Scchplendid

I have checked my charts including the tick chart and at the critical time to buy on this trade -ie at 9.00am UK - middle of a time window - the lowest price I had just prior was at 89229.

Although I know how FX Jiggy trades - I don't know which broker he was using and his platform must have been showing a lower price at the time

Live broker platforms can differ quite easily by 1-3 pips in price depending on a lot of factors. As a trader you can only trade your platform- so what ever that price was - it was certainly lower than yours and my platforms

I can see your charts show that price was OS and was coming to a support area - but instead of testing it - Price made a HL - ( compared to 8919 earlier in the Asian session) - and that with other "clues" was good enough to scalp buy - with your stop being at your low or 19/21.

It was a lovely scalp - even though I was not in it for a start and then over the next few hrs went up approx 35 pips ( yes I caught some) It then stopped and reversed at the 1.00pm UK hour change

Have a great Christmas

Regards

F

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.