Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
GU - above 75 still in scalp buy bias but need 6091 to go

Under 74 and 69 be in scalp sells or hold them if you get it under 80

Not in either way yet - but hope to see which way we get next on tick and so far above 87 scalp buy ;-)

60951 on my charts so far so take 70% off and then leave 30% in profit with stop at 88 - in profit - I will claim that one here - as over 5 mins in duration and just to annoy that dinosaur guy - who must be still watching everything I say still - lol ;-)))

Out now until nearer 7pm

Back now ready to see what happens at next main news - ( if anything)

With regards to GU - classic market play there ( game play) GU topped and stayed under first 30 mins and then teased to 78 - pulling in many bulls. It then bounce up again and posted a HL at 81 /2 area - saying going to try up again - and then as soon as over last high of 6095 - up to the big round number and beyond ;-)

Was not hear to catch any of that nice 20+ pip move back up as not at desk and cannot get my own charts on my mobile or though should have took a tablet I suppose - but did not - as till thought market would be resting ready for next excuse for a move - ;-))

Gu is still up scalp buy bias and would need under 93 and then 82 to confirm its trying to turn and retrace.

Over 6110 + then be in scalp buys or hold them if back in already over 6100 and lets se what next R is at ?

just read that last post again and my quick typying is so bad atm

Should have said pulled bears in and hear should have been spelt here - and till is still etc

sorry - will read before posting next times ;-)

9 mins to news start

Eu made over 3440 so far from 3294 low - what a bounce had scalp bought at 3503 after signs of a big number bounce and was happy in the end with over 60 pips - never thought it would carry on up so high and left no free trade buy on - so in three words - not very good ;-(((

Well 7.03 pm UK time and not much happened yet - GU cannot breach 6114 yet and EU 3442 - cannot scalp sell them yet and will just wait and watch for more clues etc

If nothing happens in next 15 mins - that's me finished looking for trades for the day

Regards

F

OK - GU now at 6099 - now will try and get a scalp sell on a pullback up as long as we stay under 6110
Otherwise for later - under 91 and 84 scalp sell aiming for 80 - and if those prices go hold on to see if price can get down to 60.

I dont think it will try over 6115+ and 6120 in next hr - but you never know so be out of scalp sells by 8 or 10 and look at scalp buys etc

GL

Gu LH at 6105 - so thats your guide now for cut off on sells etc - above 6 and 6110 - then scalp buys again - yes its that close ;-)))

As i finish - just noticed I have 2 new friend requests - which I have accepted - sorry guys have promised no private messages to any member - but thank you and I will try and assist you on your journey

If you are really new to trading - I might be a bit too advanced for you to follow all what I say - but any questions etc - please feel free to ask on this forum

Regards

F

Last edited:
As i finish - just noticed I have 2 new friend requests - which I have accepted - sorry guys have promised no private messages to any member - but thank you and I will try and assist you on your journey

If you are really new to trading - I might be a bit too advanced for you to follow all what I say - but any questions etc - please feel free to ask on this forum

Regards

F
May I ask how u decide which ccy pair to scalp
at any one time ?

What makes gbp usd a better sell than eur usd
or aud usd for example ?

Hi FXPunt - a very good question - and i will give you my own thoughts - which of course might be different to many other traders .

First of all - i have in the back of my mind the stronger pairs and the weaker pairs and then look at some of the crosses like the EG - which I don't normally trade - as just too slow - but certainly the EJ and GJ and similar EA nd GA.

So I have a feel of what might be attempted from say 6 - 7am UK time just prior to the Opens - but know we will have some play and wrong directions first.

I look at my main 4 -6 pairs including EU and GU on all charts from 1 min to daily to get a bigger picture and too search for longer term trendlines etc - and areas that may be key and then on a 1 min and hourly on a few others just to see if anything interesting

When I look on the small frames and under - especially the one minute - I look for a pair with nice PA - and not lots of spikes of say 4 -7 pips - that make scalping and short term trading more difficult.

As you know the EU is the most traded - and can be the pair that is played with the most - ie false moves etc by players.

So as long as the spreads are within one pip of each other - I would normally prefer the GU / EJ / AU / EA to the EU. In the old days I majored more on the EU because it had the lowest spread - but nowadays I would sooner take the EJ and catch a 15 -25 pip move in say under 15 mins - on a 1.5 - 2 pip spread than an EU 7 -12 pip move in the same time even with a 0.5 pip spread - so that comes into the equation

Other points include - news of the day - like today news on GU and EU etc so those two should move and of course you own familiarity with the pairs - ie never been into the Usd /Cad or the UJ - but the AU and the NU are noted as smoother and easier pairs to trade - as they don't have so much interference from players and HFT groups as the Key pairs

I know some traders love unusual crosses that move well - but if the spreads are over 6 pips up to even 20 pips - i just do not want to know them - as I want to be in profit ASAP and then if I have to bail - I can easily - even with a few pips - rather than have to wait to move say 8 pips - just to be 1 pip in the black. That used to put me off the GJ - but nowadays sometimes spreads under 3 or 4 pips compared to 7 -9 pips at my old broker a few years ago - encouraging me to look at it for short term day trading as it can be a big mover ie 40 pip scalp in 15 - 20 mins rather than 10 -15 pips on EU in same time span window

I dont trade Gold / silver / oil etc etc - so really I will look up to say 8 -10 currency pairs max - with 3 -5 pairs being my favourites

I hope that helps for a start ;-)

Regards

F

EU at 3300 - big round number bounce scalp buy

Just looking through this thread of today - and think I will point out to some of my "fans" from the other "live group" - what I said earlier on today - ie 1.38pm UK time and how far did the is scalp buy go in the end - unfortunately - did not leave a "free trade" on it over 3360 area - I just hope others did ;-)

i wonder whether we can sell the AU from around 9500 area - or will it try up to 9510 -15 before a turn down again. All depends on time windows and interim R strength - hope I am back to see if they line up within next hour ?

Here's another one for my fans at 8.56am UK time on the AU - that was like 4hrs plus before we got to 9511 - but that's more luck than expertise as I don't like forecasting over 30 or 60 mins - as my probability goes down with all the other variables than can come into play.

So "fans" - I don't seem to have a clue on what might happen - and predicting intraday - as all my calls are after the events and not live at all - rofl

Trouble is the junior Sherlocks will now be saying I altered the time stamps in the T2W thread - and it never appeared until they refreshed 5 hrs after I said it - or some other rubbish

Also seem to have quite a few members following at time - "in the dark" - ie their nic not appearing - now I wonder who they can be ;-))

End of the week tomorrow - so last day before I look at any review over the weekend . Now how many losing days have I had -?? ;-))))

Morning Guys

The EJ is a pair of interest prior to the Opens

Its been falling approx 440 pips over this last few weeks and is now down near a lot of support areas around the 131.05 to 20 areaa - that have been used before for tries back up

Low so far at 131 .21 and according to the 1 hr chart - we would need back over dynamic resistance over 63 -66 to be trying backup.

We have had a HL as well at 131.29 and are at present in scalp buy buy bias from 131. 42.

Unless we get a mice break above 65 - tend to think we will play in the 63 to 30 area for a start - and then under 30 I would be holding scalp sells - in case the market tries giving a false sentiment to pull more bars in before frying them

OK hr change 7.00am - European Open and now at 56 and still teasing up

Hold you scalp buy and look for a scalp sell in next 9 mins if not a clear break over 65 ;-)))

Lol - - just read through what I typed and sorry for errors - including mice break - instead should read nice break - as well as some others - well it is still early and I need another coffee to wake up more ;-)

EJ - 131. 56/7 is the high so far - set exactly on the hour - I am out my own scalp buy - which I am not claiming for as not called it prior - and now in a scalp sell - needing under 49 and 46 to look at holding for lower.

Would only scalp buy at 2 points above - ie 54 and then 58 - aiming for 65 ish

Last edited:
7.21 at 63 so far high - so out and wait to see whats next at the half hr time window.

Under 60 scalp sell again and if we do try 65/68 get ready to see if its a high again

i appreciate the scalp calls are too short in time under 5 mins to act on - so will wait for calls that last over 15 -60 mins to say they are the live ones - but behind the scenes - i will scalp for 3-7 pips whilst awaiting proper moves of 7 -25+ pips that sometimes come from the pure scalps.

On the EJ now 63 to 68 price area is key as really a strong R area - we now know any scalp sells that make under 54 and 49 can be held for that 40 area - whilst breaching 64 and 68 means we could break up higher.

Yes directions are that close at times - and thats why really for intraday - once you have the bigger picture from the daily / 4 hr and 1 hr - you then need to be under 5 min charts to catch the start of changes and these 7-25 pip moves - that really are the "bread and butter" of a proper multi intraday trader

Out in 15 mins - school run - back in next hr and by then will see more clues on other pairs

Ok - got to pop out and EJ now at crucuial price area - 66 - will exit a another scalp buy if no 68 now

See you after 8.40 am sometime

8.49 am - EJ - we got over the 63-68 R area and so far hit 131.77 and still trying up prior to the hour change

Will go through some other pairs after hr change

Status
Not open for further replies.