FTSE 100 Intraday - November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh crumbs, oh crikey the governor's set home work and I've
only just found it. And I'll miss the exam tomorrow 'cos Im
playing in a golf/bridge match all day. Cripes, hope I don't
get detention. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

good trading all - and good luck in the exam.

jon

Bonsai. Just seen your chart and wave count. I'm still expecting the Ftse to make a new high early this week, as the Dax, Dow, SnP etc already have. I think it's probably about to open with a C-wave down before a final rally, though this scenario will somewhat depend on the futures overnight. Monday/Tuesday is the ideal timing for a top from a Fib perspective, but if we don't rally to a high now it's down for a few days at least and possibly into Jan.

Barjon,
Don't worry I have always kept track of the top 200 FTSE stocks and I can tell you that the losers of the bear market have been the out and out winners in the March 2003 rally.
However, the sting in the tail, to this analysis, is that new secular bull market are made from new winners not from the resurgence in interest in the old winners. This suggests to my humble being that we are experiencing a classic bear market rally. Of course it feels otherwise. But if this rally did not feel the real thing no one would have bought into it.

See my next post for a list of FTSE winners in the 2003 bull run.

Last edited:
Here is a clearer version of the 2003 performers

Attachments

• ftse performance.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 232
TEST

Attachments

• pinnacor ftse.gif
    pinnacor ftse.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 239
Morning all,

Looks like it could be a down day, the US indicies failed miserably
on Fri, after posting slight new highs esp the S&P which reversed
& couldn't hold the 1062 level.

Dax could be a good short bet today,imho. Nikkei was down 124pts.

Closed a short from Friday - expect a gap fill. Also still concerned that the Ftse action off the high looks corrective.

morning all
don't know about you but I am glad that Bonfire night is over
again for another year. Seems to have lost all its 'charm'.

Back in the bosom of the civilised world now, with motorways everywhere and 24 hour shopping and (false) alarms going off in the night.

Busy, busy, busy.

Thank god I dont have to rush for the 7.10 anymore.

lockstock
is it going to test that old trend line again ?
but this time from above ?

Bonsai,
I wish bonfire night was over. Here, in London, fireworks were still being exploded at 11.00pm last night.

As for the 7.10, I used to leave home at 6.30 am for a 7.00 am start in the city!

barjon - :LOL:

fluke - looks great. Sorry that you cant use the 510 macd anymore
but you might like to test macd with periods longer than 12,26 ?

hb - yes, I agree. does look corrective so far.
but still heavily overbought on my rsi. so not really expecting a new high today.

mully: only half an hour to get to work ? you get no sympathy from here ! :LOL:

just bounced up from lockstocks trend line.

Bonsai,
I was seeking sympathy for the very early start., not the time from Barnes to Mansion House. :) But at 6.00am in the morning there are not to many holdups- (interesting fellow passengers!)

"US regulators target Amvescap" headline on front page of FT Companies and Markets section not helpful (explains recent falls)

Just been talking to a builder about a qoute,came back and that'd happened.But I think that's the day woken up.

I suspect so mully.
(and then down again ?)
either the 1 day or the gain line may be the target ?

Bonsai,
Interesting that FTSE has stalled at the trendline coming off the peak of the 1 minute chart on Friday and touched once near 4.00pm on Friday and at the opening to-day.

Status
Not open for further replies.