Forex Day Trader's Thread

i bought euro.. but i closed way too early.. would have closed anyway..today..

gold has crossed 1000..they al panic into gold..

will be selling silver around 15.00

flyed into same habits.. sold off crude april at 39.25

trail now to 39.15 price is 38.50

yea, i mean, if your not on the trading floors of these banks, you will have no idea when or why you had such a large sell off in the dollar. The best traders would get caught long on the dollar especially given the large sell of in equities.

Oh no the squeeze is reversing so you get stopped out today long or short.. I'm so sick of this .. call me when trading makes sense again ..

Exactly Trip! It's bull****! The market decides (based on nothing more than a rumor) that the USD is no longer a safe haven and then an hour later it suddenly is again?? You get 400 pip moves in an hour which reverse themselves 3 hours later, false breakouts galore..

Currencies only moved 800 pips on 9 ****ING 11! This is totally insane.. I lost $2,000 today! and the worst part is that I probably shouldn't have stopped myself out because the very same trade will probably be profitable by Monday..

So I'm itchy as hell to jump back in and get my money back but that's going to have to wait until Monday.. There isn't a trader alive who knows what the hell's going on today!

So now I get to think about how I lost a bunch of money today all weekend..

:mad::mad::mad::devilish:

yea its ridiculous look t the oil.. i mean -6% and now flat..give me a break..
luckily i took the profit

USD/CHF touched my stop by 2 pips and is now back up 45 pips after falling 400 pips FOR NO REASON in 2 hours.. just perfect.. All I can do about now is laugh about it and get back on the horse Monday with a nice deep hole to dig myself out of ..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

alright well I'm done ranting .. :)

don't think we've seen such volatility in the market since sep-dec last year wen banks were collapsing left right and centre. The dow is swinging all over the place. It really is not a market to be involved in. Hopefully next week we can have some f***ing sanity in the market.

weekend.. finally,sighhhhhh..

finished weekly higher for second consecutive week.

Cheers.. i am finally Popping that champagne

Doubt it Trip... Is USD safe haven over or not?? Is JPY done as a safe haven or not?? Is a new risk trade uptrend starting or is this YET ANOTHER fakeout??

I think there's going to be major confusion as to whether the JPY or USD is the way to go, or is neither the way to go and gold and bonds the only safe havens.. and in the meantime at the slightest sneeze the market will make huge moves capable of stopping you out big .. but then again if you use a tight stop on your overnight trades it's almost guaranteed to get tripped.. So you have to mother your trades to death and I can't stand that ..

I ended up down on the week because of a $2000 loss on USD/CHF today.

I still have a decent amount of margin left so I will be back again next week nibbling with 1 and 2 lot trades .. pitiful!

Oh well.. this is the career I chose .. I've had much worse losses ($22,000 in one day in mid-2008).. I came back from those and will get over this one too.. This one is rough though because it didn't make any sense!

i think usd/chf has more room to the downside.. will be selling a short term bounce.

euro/usd is likely to go higher from here

there is a small chance that there is a bigger wave IV, which will draw euro lower.. but chance is low, i will discuss it here as soon as i get evidence thats the case.

also I SEE A TRIPLE KEY REVERSAL in USD CHF.. the pair made a new high above previous 3 days .. BUT CLOSED BELOW ALL OF THIS 3 day closing levels..

first target : 1.13 Second : 108.60

EUR/USD is a difficult one to call at the moment. Markets may start worrying about the EU having to bail out member states and there is a SLIGHT chance that the market will react to clinton's comments about urging China to continue buying treasuries. This obviously going to boost the dollar. However, dollar seems overbought and we may see the correction continue into this week.
What are your guys view on equities, you reckon the dow will bounce back above the lows.