Forex Day Trader's Thread

I'm guessing you're using a small screen mask and the banner is overlapping the posts? Get yourself a 32" monitor

Can't get a 32'' monitor in bed :p I'm on a 10'' netbook. I went long on usd/jpy for a bit of fun, got a stop about 20 pips below.

The way my luck's going I wouldn't be surprised :LOL:. But someone else I spoke with also agreed about it being disruptive. Only good thing is it'll go eventually. I just find it highly irritating & it's ruining things.

You mean you haven't voted for Pippy and Genius yet? Shame on you.

you still read zero hedge elitetits? if i read one more gold post by that twat tyler i might scream

I am VERY sick of goldbugs. I don't think he is one but there is a lot of them on that blog. Even Govt Slacks target for gold in Q1 2010 is 950 ...

sweet.. only 20 pips underwater.. Going to watch Angels & Demons on my new utterly bitchin' HD widescreen..

sweet.. only 20 pips underwater.. Going to watch Angels & Demons on my new utterly bitchin' HD widescreen..

Not sure when it came out on video in the States, but it just did today up here. Wonder if they planned it with the starting of the Large Hadron Collider Saturday

I see a lot of talk about gold. Don't look it from the technical perspective. If you want to trade gold, do your homework and find out what is happening behind the scene. It's in the parabolic phase and it will go up another 1.5 years. There will be pullbacks on that way.
The PM market is highly manipulated by derivatives, but there is a severe shortage of the physical bullion and the great demand from CBs and big funds. JPM and friends are short from much lower levels. Why India got the IMF gold? They leased their to the banks and they couldn't return it. The December is a month when a lots of future contracts and options (a lots of 1200 calls) expire and I expect the most of the holders will require a delivery. So we could see a Comex default and the earthquake in all markets. Soon I expect the last attack from the Cartel, so they could be able to close their huge shorts.

yep, I'm a bit disappointed EU has not gone further, I took partial profit at 1.5055 after 3rd attempt to firmly break 1.5050. I'm holding other 50% short as want to see how this dubai issue and exposure to european banks plays out today.

so if there was ever going to be a second banking crisis, it would be sparked by something completely left field which nobody would have expected, which is what we could possibly have with Dubai. There could be a single bank with a time bomb on their balance sheet...my bet is Barclays!!

Far fetched or not?