Forex Day Trader's Thread

mm dunno, gold is just getting closer and closer to 1200-will it shoot back down or explode through?:sneaky:

Have you used fib extensions? I put it on the swings at the beginning of the year and its respected them really well so far. I have the 161.8 extension at 1196

Attachments

• gold weekly.gif
    gold weekly.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 126
Have you used fib extensions? I put it on the swings at the beginning of the year and its respected them really well so far. I have the 161.8 extension at 1196

i never knew how to get them on my screen :(.

damn yeh that's a respectful fib alright. i've only ever used the 50%.

apart from those fibs though, i can't see a good place to buy or short gold in the mean time :(, it hasn't pulled back at all !

score! i know how to plot fib extension :) thanks ej, by the way my fave pair is EJ too :)

It's useful if price is going somewhere it's never been before ...
And like all fibs, you sometimes have to play around to see which one it is respecting.

yeh, like just check out this 261.8 extension on cable weekly, the 161.8 too

Attachments

• fib ext.JPG
    fib ext.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 144
Gold

Technicians have a theory about coils (flags / wedges) and breakouts from them.
It is that if you measure the furthest distance between (hi/lo) at the start of the coil pattern then when the pattern breaks out that is the distance that you can expect it to go, projected from the breakout point.
In the case of gold you can argue that the low at the start of the coil was about 800 and the high about 1000 and the breakout also at 1000 which also puts us to .... 1200
Its a big level anyway.
Daily chart ...

Attachments

• gold daily.gif
    gold daily.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 104
The Gold rally happened today because India and Sri Lanka are going to be buying huge amounts of it from the IMF ..

The thing in the top right hand corner of the screen. It goes down diagonally and has T2W 2009 Members' choice awards. It's a shortcut to their survey and it's on every page. Are you not seeing this? :|

nah, must be just on your user name...

nah, must be just on your user name...

The way my luck's going I wouldn't be surprised :LOL:. But someone else I spoke with also agreed about it being disruptive. Only good thing is it'll go eventually. I just find it highly irritating & it's ruining things.

Anyone going for a quick in/out on usd/jpy on a long trade? I was looking at it, but after last night not sure if I feel up to it. 3 hrs sleep just isn't enough.

I think the banner is incredibly obtrusive and annoying..

also, India will surpass the US in GDP in 35 years

Feel free to help fight the cause. I don't think i'll bother trading anything tonight - just thoroughly annoying.

Is it a tough one to beat? The candy tetris game is good fun. Can't you use your powers to speak to the higher ups?