Forex Day Trader's Thread

don't know. IMO it could go as low as near 85 based on weekly & monthly charts. But I could be wrong :)

yuck.. I forgot how much I hate being underwater.. I'm going to put a stop on this at 1.515 and re-enter short at 1.5195 with a stop above one fiddy three.

:LOL:

I hate this trade.. I think it could be easily victimized by the will of the few in this super thin environment..

I'm getting a bit of a breather here but I'm still 40 pips underwater..

Hey Nicola.. You call that a tradestation?

Que?
I missed this last night sorry. Do you mean my desk/computer setup? LOL

Hope you had a good day, mine was not pretty.
I think the run up in Gold last night was caused by spreads on Dubai CDS going right up. Gold dragged the dollar etc. And then in the usual thin liquidity holiday crap equities ignored all the bad news and kept going up.

http://a.imagehost.org/download/0446/Lunch_with_Dave_112509

Enjoy your turkey tomorrow :)

Usdjpy

Are you looking to buy USDJPY just above 87.10 (triple bottom, weekly chart)?
Its almost there ... chart is so bearish tho.

+8 Euro
+10 Aussie
-30 Ninja
then I did a $1 per pip gold trade and lost $70 so that's another 7 pip equivalent loss

So I've got -19 banked and I'm floating on a hideous Euro trade currently down 50 pips and threatening my stop again.

No, my day has not been pretty

and gold just hit yet another all time record high as I was writing this

+8 Euro
+10 Aussie
-30 Ninja
then I did a $1 per pip gold trade and lost $70 so that's another 7 pip equivalent loss

So I've got -19 banked and I'm floating on a hideous Euro trade currently down 50 pips and threatening my stop again.

No, my day has not been pretty

and gold just hit yet another all time record high as I was writing this

Have you got a dollar index chart? Its very ugly. The 75 weekly support level has well and truly gone, but short the dollar is a very crowded trade ...

Re: Usdjpy

Are you looking to buy USDJPY just above 87.10 (triple bottom, weekly chart)?
Its almost there ... chart is so bearish tho.

then why go long! wait for the low to break, short the pull back up to it, that's what ima do:confused:

Re: Usdjpy

then why go long! wait for the low to break, short the pull back up to it, that's what ima do:confused:

Gee, I'd never have thought of that ;)
I actually might leave it. Holiday markets are paradise for stop hunters and mischief makers. Might be a better trade to wait for Sunday night.

Have you got a dollar index chart? Its very ugly. The 75 weekly support level has well and truly gone, but short the dollar is a very crowded trade ...

gold is even more crowed, coming on for 90% of open intrest is long. gona be blown out big time!!!

yeah but when? It's been painfully overbought for a week and it just keeps charging higher..

new high 1192.30 as we speak

I'm using an inevitable tank as part of my strategy but it isn't cooperating

I thought the support was at 74.. I have a chart but it's delayed by 30 minutes..

Attached. Previous resistance becomes support at 74 maybe

Attachments

• DX weekly.png
    DX weekly.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 134
I keep hearing that gold is this level because of the dollar but the last few nights gold has been leading the charge and not the other way around