Forex Day Trader's Thread

I did go to sleep and I closed my trade for a pip or 2 profit as I couldn't be bothered. Looks like it was a good move in hindsight.

damn.. Mask, you should have tried to talk me out of it.. I'm -21 pips down for the day now!

buuuuuut.. I'm short EU and will make it up

I'm going to the liberry.. almost done.. You guys be sure to "do not loose no one pip" while I'm gone.

Not so sure about shorting to make money. I hate this market - I don't want to scalp for 20-30 pips. I saw a cable opportunity but i'd rather take something more "favourable"

jussst covered my euro long... nice little trade there from 1.487... ill be looking to short near 1.51 prob... could go higher than that but i will be willing to average in

I am short EU .. it seems to have dropped 50 pips while I was at the damn library and is now back where it started!

GRRRRR

jussst covered my euro long... nice little trade there from 1.487... ill be looking to short near 1.51 prob... could go higher than that but i will be willing to average in

little trade? so you've been long since sunday and never took profits until now...or did you mean you've been long since 1.4987

ive been long since last week at that price... just took a while to play out... i was looking at a bullflag on the thirty min charts... just took a long time.... i think we're approaching a really good place to get short too... just threw on my first piece short at 1.5090 and ill be shorting more as it pokes its head above 1.51... and i wouldnt hesitate to put on a trade just because something looks scary... just trade based on what ur strategies are telling u...now its time for lunch

no, I'm holding this one until the inevitable tank comes.. It didn't make new highs, it just failed again plus gold is ridiculously overbought, French fin min says Euro is overvalued, big name talking heads say it is overvalued.. It will tank at the first sign of trouble.. I'm not interested in trying to day trade it with tight stops in a thinned out environment.. let it scoot around wildly

stop above 1.52 t/p at 1.4935

Masq, you're normally long EU anyway, are you long at the mo?

You're right, I am normally long but I closed a position last night just before FOMC minutes and didn't open another position. :rolleyes: When I got up this morning I didn't fancy going long so I guess i'll just wait to see how this plays out, see where it tops out - look for a nice dip and buy it on the way back up. Otherwise i'll just have to start scalping for 20 pips or so, or sitting on my hands is the other alternative.

You're right, I am normally long but I closed a position last night just before FOMC minutes and didn't open another position. :rolleyes: When I got up this morning I didn't fancy going long so I guess i'll just wait to see how this plays out, see where it tops out - look for a nice dip and buy it on the way back up. Otherwise i'll just have to start scalping for 20 pips or so, or sitting on my hands is the other alternative.

pity, when I saw the moves this morning thought you were going to have a good day...

someone should invent new charts for forex pairs e.g. take existing chart and turn 90 degrees to the left...that's in effect how it works....or you could just say to yourself that you're long the USD/EUR