Forex Day Trader's Thread

saw it.. a red close of euro.. would be very bearish.

i am up.. today, and surged after those figures but i did not even looked at the economic calendar.

equities cannot sustain any gains, the rise looks way to slow and sloppy, it will resolve downwards.

but day is long.... agreed pip..

will feel miserably though if euro tank looking at your positions.. this is why "this game " is worse, against every winner there is a loser.. its a zero - sum game

what's this?? a surge even though stocks are negative? I'll take it anyway .. come on EURO .. come on SWISSIE!

good luck pip..

treasury up.. but indices should stop now :) treasury is going to test the 130 level again..
but it will succeed..if not today..than in the near future.

i am off .. i am going to buy me a new computer screen.. at mediamarkt

I got out of USD/CHF with a small profit.. Euro is still 52 pips down and seems to be struggling greatly but it slowly moving up.. I have my stop at 1.3095 ..

This is the last chance for the Euro bulls. If Euro takes out my stop and closes lower than yesterday it will be time to sell and sell hard. I'll get the money I lose back and then some shorting.

no reason to cheer however, i am break even on indices and sharply up on bonds

guess i couldn't have made it in forex today..

treasury bought at 1.2880 i am trailing to 1.2945 current price is 131.03

never take a profit, just try to stay as long as possible in the good ones
its hard to gain in the markets, if you are on a winner you deserve every penny of it
but secure your stop in the profit zone, as a risk-aversion, but let enough space for volatile movements. your trail stop got hit? deal with it.. but you will certainly not got frustated, if the train continues without you

enjoy and take care

Ridderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No more Heineken for me until friday.. You Dutch are killing me with that stuff ;)

I am STILL underwater on Euro but have shorted USD/CHF at 1.143 and am profitable on that.. just looking to make it to 1.136 .. then I can get rid of both trades and the end the day with a slight profit..

No more Heineken for me until friday.. You Dutch are killing me with that stuff ;)

I am STILL underwater on Euro but have shorted USD/CHF at 1.143 and am profitable on that.. just looking to make it to 1.136 .. then I can get rid of both trades and the end the day with a slight profit..

why you did not buy euro/usd sunday night at 1.2880 with ridderrr ;)
we saw this hammer candlestick, together with opening weakness on sunday, it was a Lord's gift.

actually i remembered you ask why it did not do forex the week before ;)

i will stay on the sidelines..forex now however.. could be selling sharp rise of euro though

entered order to open USD/CFH at 1.1480
not sure if it bounces that high.. but surely would be no problem for me if opened

I wouldn't short sterling.. I have an order to buy 2 lots at 1.4125 and 4 at 1.4035 ..

This market is directionless and is likely to remain so until the Fed decision at 8:15 GMT

So I'll be working the recent ranges.. This is an event which is unlikely to hurt Sterling but has the potential to really help Sterling.. If stocks will cooperate as well we could go to 1.46 ..

btw all of my trades turned out to be positive but just barely.. That weak US data this morning really screwed up my plan.

Hi guys, haven't been around for a while! Been busy playing poker for a living :clap:

Anyway, any thoughts on buying EUR/USD very shortly. The trend looks to be against USD IMO and with the FOMC likely to maintain the Interest rate, i'm thinking it will continue.

Good idea?

spam my thread with that silly double act ****..

a. do not visit anyone's blog .. ever... real traders do not need advertising revenue as it is a huge waste of our time.

b. do not spam my thread