Forex Day Trader's Thread

dollar index support broke.. Last time that happened Euro went to 1.47 from 1.23 in about 10 days...

Unfortunately, stocks are not cooperating and we have US GDP this week..

I'm up 50 pips on my Cable short after being underwater for a few hours.. I'm using a trailing stop now to lock in profit.. Hope you're doing the same with Euro because it looks like your gains could be erased.

I think I'm going to go long EUR/USD .. not that I have much confidence in it but the risk/reward dictates that I have to give it a try.. but I'm going to wait for it to come down a bit more before I enter the long trade.. I'll start with 1 lot and pick up more lots at strategic points in the 1.30s

i am still sharply up.. euro up 230 pip and about 150 pip on usd chf..
i trailed euro to +90 pip, and usd chf +35 pip
i would rather be trailed out, then watching the markets move another few hundred pip in my favour

i dont care about the news

i do care about you however, so its my duty to declare what i see is happening..

however i will bail out euro or trail very tightly if dow closes below 8000, but i dont think this will happen, dow refuses to close below 8000, or PPT is buying below 8000

ok, we will see.

oil failed to stay in the ichimoku cloud.. closed at 45.69 will be USD positive.. If stocks don't rally in the last hour we could see Euro come down a bit.. and then I'll grab it for a move to 1.35

I know you don't like news but the fact is that a better than expected US GDP will move prices 500 pips..

i go for a walk away from the screen before dow get's me nervous..

be back within 30 min

oil failed to stay in the ichimoku cloud.. closed at 45.69 will be USD positive.. If stocks don't rally in the last hour we could see Euro come down a bit.. and then I'll grab it for a move to 1.35

I know you don't like news but the fact is that a better than expected US GDP will move prices 500 pips..

oils 23.6% retrace is at 58.. so it has plenty room to rise further...
but its against the previous trend, so not assured..
at 50 will be resistance

bailed out chf also..an idiot 200pip on chf and euro/usd 320.. you can dream of more pip one 1 day, but that will just be dreams.. could re-enter though on better prices..

chf has risen about 8 hours in a row against usd, give me a break..

sidelines now.., putting an eye on treasury bonds.. close to bottom

enjoy

bought usa treasury bonds.. slow stochastic is about to cross.. we will bounce to at least 134/136..
there is a pattern what could lead to another skyrocket of bonds..and this means we will go to to 147 short term, we could be zip zap in this region to get a bottom in.. worst case.. i will have to sit on a loss.. first.. but one MUST NOT BE FEARFUL to take position.. otherwise YOU WILL ALWAYS RUN BEHIND THE KUDDE KOEIEN (the gathering cows ;) )

enjoy, i will follow forex to

********* UPDATE ********

euro 1.3220.. if the stock markets remain weak one should be careful playing against the usd..
euro can fail.. at a lower level then resistance at 13380 / 1.3502 if this resistance is cleared then euro can set Sail TOWARDS 1.3860 . but i am Not certain about this potential.

dow still looking weak, caterpillar pulled pressure on the dow..
dow was not very trustfull for the one who hold the hand against usd

usa treasury bonds, should be close forming a bottom.. resistance holds at 126 /127.30 but i am not certain if this will be achieved..

wish you a pleasant continuation

I'm selling USD/CHF 1.141 for a move to 1.09 .. I'm buying Cable 1.395 for a move to 1.46

I'm already in Euro for a move 1.343.. These could all backfire but if all goes well there could be a lot more movement against the USD tomorrow. The risk/reward is there..

every time the 85 level in the dollar index breaks there's 500 pips to be had the following day..

I'm selling USD/CHF 1.141 for a move to 1.09 .. I'm buying Cable 1.395 for a move to 1.46

I'm already in Euro for a move 1.343.. These could all backfire but if all goes well there could be a lot more movement against the USD tomorrow. The risk/reward is there..

below that is a resistance zone of 82.50 / 84 in usd Index

could be buying a sharp decline, or selling a sharp rise

now sidelines, let the market play a while

PHP:

I'm in on eur/usd again. A sh*t load just got bought at 9.00am, can someone please tell me how much on their time and sales went through on the futures for that time? Mine's not working at mo.

Cheers.

euro doesn't look to well.. there was a retreat around 1.3330 which will satisfy the bounce from 1.28
its not big bounce, but its enough.. looking closely you see a graveyard doji on hourly level
daily level looks like we can come bit higher towards 1.35 though..

but if euro/usd closes down today, i will seize the red flag which will be bearish reveral, why?
because euro made new highs, above yesterday highs, but closing below yesterday's close..
BUT DAY hAS LONG, WE WILL SEE

currently not involved in currencie, long on treasurie and sold indice this morning on the rise

record low in US consumer confidence caused Euro to tank along with US equities.. the day jsut got started though.. I'm underwater but not ready to bail out.. as you said the day is long..