Forex Day Trader's Thread

:D you know my specialty is small intra-day trades, only occasionally position trades. Try to exclude me eh :D

I think you're a good trader man :cheesy: I do.. This **** actually means a lot to me so when some foreigners feel like putting their two cents in you can bet for sure that I'll test them.. They dissed me and my friends and they need to put up or shut up.. I smoked a cigarette earlier so I feel less psycho but it'll be back soon.. and YES I HAD 8 CHELADAS TO BOOT.. Even so I'm not having disrespect to my friends .. so we'll see you soon boys.. next week

... and I suppose we will accept emasculated Germans and/or waffle-eaters (I can't find either country on a map)...

Oh I understand, that's a common problem with Americans, most of them have a hard time telling ANY country on a map. Some can't even tell the USA from Russia. :rolleyes:

EUR / USD – Ride the momentum. EUR / USD will go to $1.50 as investors seek additional risk and sell lower yielding currencies in favor of higher yielding currencies. From the $1.45 point to $1.50, there is a lot of money to be made in the next month or two and there is a lot of trading history in this range from 11/08 to 3/09 and 8/09 to 9/09. $1.50 will be the key psychological barrier in the uptrend, but at this point $1.45 should provide key support levels. In general the dollar is declining against all the major currencies because the dollar is the cheapest funding currency and given how liquid it is, it is easy to trade against foreign markets. In addition, the Fed has been maintaining its commitment to a low interest policy whereby rates will not be raised until they are certain the US economy is coming out of the recession in a good shape. Bernanke is well aware of the risks of a double dip recession and doesn’t want to cut credit too soon so as to cause the US economy to contract again at the onset of it righting itself.

$1.50 will be the key psychological barrier in the uptrend...

Without meaning to be too pedantic, I think these "psychological" round numbers and barriers or whatever people want to call them are rubbish...a price is a barrier IF the market has previously reacted to it and it has proved itself as support or resistance.

In that respect, $1.49 is a FAR greater barrier than $1.50.

major movers tomorrow look to be the speeches - Obama and 3 FOMC members. This might be dollar positive. Dollar index @76.6 and cant go below 75 this week so I'm looking to upside. Momemtum and volitility indicators pointing to a pause in the markets. However Friday's fall was weak and sentiment seems very positive globally. I'm looking to short Eur/Dollar & DJIA. I'm 1000% positive market will fall this week could be 1-10%. How this will affect my least knowlegeable pair UJ I don't know. Analysts suggesting further fall but if there is any truth to USD being used a carry trade(more favourable bank interest rates than Japan at present), then any fall off in markets may cause a surge in UJ?

major movers tomorrow look to be the speeches - Obama and 3 FOMC members. This might be dollar positive. Dollar index @76.6 and cant go below 75 this week so I'm looking to upside. Momemtum and volitility indicators pointing to a pause in the markets. However Friday's fall was weak and sentiment seems very positive globally. I'm looking to short Eur/Dollar & DJIA. I'm 1000% positive market will fall this week could be 1-10%. How this will affect my least knowlegeable pair UJ I don't know. Analysts suggesting further fall but if there is any truth to USD being used a carry trade(more favourable bank interest rates than Japan at present), then any fall off in markets may cause a surge in UJ?

If you think the DJIA is coming down this week, you better load the boat short in the USD/JPY.

demand for US bonds is creeping in.....IMO, the more demand there is for US bonds, the more demand there should be for US dollars.

Again in my opinion, I think that the dollar can strengthen from here onwards...well atleast for the short term...lets call it a potential bounce on the cards.

Again in my opinion, I give more weighting and credence to what Trader Dante has to say on the issue.

I do think that stocks will continue to rise this week along with bonds, the US dollar may start to firm against the currencies that it has been the most weekest against as of late.....

Gold may run out of steam this week on dollar fighting back.

Last edited:
WOW! Ninja really gapped lower this weekend.. 50 pips is quite a move for ninja.. I was waiting for it to come closer to the 50hr .. missed it :(

USD/JPY is going through the double bottom lows

Ninja breaking that double bottom will be just the thing we need to break 1.463 in Euro .. I'm still planning on shorting at the Dec highs in Euro.. I think there will be a heap of sell orders there.. Good enough for a scalp at least.

Are you talking about the weekly 87 double bottom or the hourly double bottom that was just posted?

What the hell are you laughing at limey? You're in the same damn boat..

Yes sadly I expect this is true.

I think you need to dispense with the wise ass name calling otherwise your going to be on my watch list...
trust me..you don't want to be on my watch list !