Forex Day Trader's Thread

btw...I went long Crude Oil just before the close, and have just gone long Cable to hold over the weekend.

I understand dedication and commitment....

But I don't spend more than 1 hour a day screen time drawing my lines on the charts, strategising, planning....etc.

What I'm trying to get at is, that it is really pretty common sence what impact fiscal and monetry policy will have...these are based on historical events and are again seen as broader & generalised trends based on macro economic money flow or the sum total of economic activity examining supply and demand of money and commodites, which we try to profit from even though we cannot really understand them unless we employ the maths to model them,...interpreting such economic data requires some seriously advanced mathematics....I have an honours degree from a red brick uni in a mathematically focussed degree in which statistics / quantitative analysis was a mandatory core component ...I should be able to do the number crunching but I don't because I know that if I take this approach It will become even more work and I will not be able to trade a broad variety of instruments......I think what your talking about is sentiment, nothing really more and nothing less, since I guess that you don't do the home work (the real analysis) which analysts do in their research departments at large financial institutions as the work load would be way to much for one person....this is why I think...sod fundamental analysis since 99 percent of it is already priced into the markets at any given time... it would be on the whole quite useless to applying it to a day trading model.

I hate to talk about money....but I don't get out of bed for less than £50k / month ...and this is all based on the lines that I draw on charts consuming approximately 1 hour screen time a day....the rest of my time is taken up watching / waiting to execute entry or exit and managing the risk....

I write the above with the utmost respect....I'm not looking for a fight, neither am I trying to antagonise you....

B/Regards...Sean

You actually have to be THE most ignorant person to believe 99% of fundamentals is priced in, well explain this to me, why didn't markets price in a 467,000 drop in payrolls in monday. why wait till friday. if someone took the fundamental view that payrolls will be bad, they will position themselves accordingly. If 99% is priced in at any given time, no hedge fund or prop desk would bother trying to trade fundamentally. you graduated from a red brick university, how can one say thatt the effect fiscal and monetary policy have on markets is based on historical events, that is by far the dumbest thing ive heard. If interest rates go up, there is a solid ECONOMIC reason for it, money flows from once currency to another to earn the higher yield, hence the reason why FX traders look at monetary policy closely. NOT because of how it has reacted to fiscal and monetary policy in the past. And you making 50k a month, who are you kidding. your using QUICK CHARTS on IG Index to do your technical analysis, implying your not even placing 2 trades a month since that is what you need to use the Advanced Charting package, which your clearly not using and any person with half a brain would use the advanced package.

Last edited by a moderator:
Furthermore, if your making 50k a month, why do spreadbetting, why wouldn't you trade actual spot forex which offers tighter spreads, again you have emphasised to everyone on this thread that your actually a phoney dumbass

I don;t know what technical analysis you were looking at giving you long signals the other day...the Technical analysis gave me a short signal and I cashed it in...trip congratulated me with a 'well done' the day after I called the short....

we are not saying technical analysis is wrong, but it takes a very immature and unintelligent human being to totally dismiss fundamental analysis and then come up with the most ridiculous statements such as 99% of fundamentals priced in, economic news effect on markets based on historical reactions LOL. Also you said fundamental analysis takes advanced mathematics, you again prove yourself to be very stupid, does it take a mathematical genius to read the news. does it take a mathematical genius to work out valuation ratios on a stock?
I genuinely believe that you don't even have the money to trade and you just spend your days on here claiming that you are trading.

having been in this thread for a while and reading ssings posts i would be very suprised if he was making 50k a month

dooooooood... come on guys .. You have things to learn FROM EACH OTHER .. there's no need for the angry tone. He might bug you, but there are better ones to convey that he bugs.. bust him down with intelligent debate rather than names..

and Britain supported the Confederacy ;)

In fact I have an equity trading buddy that is heavily in fundamentals, we often discuss with each other and when he & I have the same view on something, that means the convergence of FA & TA and that often prove correct.

Why don't we work together and if we agree using different analyses then it must have a very high chance to be correct :)

dooooooood... come on guys .. You have things to learn FROM EACH OTHER .. there's no need for the angry tone. He might bug you, but there are better ones to convey that he bugs.. bust him down with intelligent debate rather than names..

and Britain supported the Confederacy ;)

did they? im not to sharp on my cival war history..all i know is your all trators for leaving her majesty's empire

I'd like to have tech guys, fund guys, sentiment guys etc.. on this thread all contributing because it helps me personally..

Victoria thought the US would be easier to dominate divided so they ran through the Union blockades to provide the South with rifles etc.. Texas was hardly involved in the Civil War anyway..We were wedged in between two powers, Confederacy and Mexico, and picked the strongest one.. There was a naval battle here and nothing else.

still thinking of becoming an illegal immigrant lol. can you buy property do you think? and what would happen if you got deported lol

Deporting UK citizens would be extremely low on their list of priorities so I doubt you'd get deported.. You can buy property, and if you were deported you would not lose rights to that property.. You wouldn't be an illegal immigrant, you'd only be guilty of staying past your visa..

Deporting UK citizens would be extremely low on their list of priorities so I doubt you'd get deported.. You can buy property, and if you were deported you would not lose rights to that property.. You wouldn't be an illegal immigrant, you'd only be guilty of staying past your visa..

you sure he's UK citizen? I think he's illegal immigrant in UK :LOL:

hah, im actually a dual citizen, australia and uk. aus is technically my main nationality but i was brought up in the UK. born in aus to ausie parents tho