Forex Day Trader's Thread

how can you see fundamentals are already priced in? stuff that hasn't even happened yet priced in? was the economic collapse of 2008 priced in already?

i said a very very high percentage of the fundamental metrics are priced in at any given time....the market price discovery process is very efficient at the time one looks to trade it.....

Now how the hell is that rubbish???...come on mate...lets have an educated debate!...I'm always keen to learn more...

OK, most firms use fundamentals as base strategies and use technicals for tatics. We as retail traders of course could use either one or both. Fundamentals is not that hard to understand though if you really want to spend time to learn & try to understand it. TA is the same. I'd admit even on the long term, TA also provide pretty good pictures if you are good with TA. But an understanding of both would make you deadly accurate on the long trend and on the short term entries/exits.

thats bull**** Genics...2 of my own brothers are traders with big banks...I have 4 brothers.

What you're saying is clearly not the case!

so floor traders in the pits (who mostly controll the futures markets) sit there on a pc with esignal open on the floor? you dont need charts to trade mate, loads of guys i know dont use charts

i said a very very high percentage of the fundamental metrics are priced in at any given time....the market price discovery process is very efficient at the time one looks to trade it.....

Now how the hell is that rubbish???...come on mate...lets have an educated debate!...I'm always keen to learn more...

things like unemployment data/intrest rates/gdp/fomc cant be priced in as no one knows what it is! (unless it leaked and front ran but that is illigal, although does happen)

no, no, no the expected number IS priced in.. it's only variations from the expected number which aren't priced in..

no, no, no the expected number IS priced in.. it's only variations from the expected number which aren't priced in..

thats why I said....a very very high percentage of the fundamentals are priced in at any given time...

I never said that all is priced in...

Anyway...I'm really going now...good weekend to all!

not really as who is gona base there enitre posistions on expected numbers..if this was the case the market would never move unless for changes from the predicted

hehe ... the thing is the numbers are often not accurate and they tend to revise those numbers after a while ... also the market could inteprete those number in either way it likes though

3 students come to a master trader to learn.

master: Tell me what you want to learn from me, I'll pick one of you as my student
student A: I want to learn technical analysis
student B: I want to learn fundamental analysis
student C: I want to learn how to make money like you do

Do you know which one the master pick? :)

mmmm.... hot dogs.. mmmm.... hamburgers... mmmmm... no taxation without representation..