Forex Day Trader's Thread

and as for sod fundamental analysis, well thats your call but the other day everyone was trying for longs as thats what the technical called for, but me and triple were short..because the fundamentals almost ALWAYS outweigh the technical s..

I don;t know what technical analysis you were looking at giving you long signals the other day...the Technical analysis gave me a short signal and I cashed it in...trip congratulated me with a 'well done' the day after I called the short....

number crunching for what? unemployment numbers came at worse than predicted (as i prediected) doesnt take a genious to work out the markets arnt gona like it!

Validates my case....it doesn't take fundamental analysis to call day trade moves

I don;t know what technical analysis you were looking at giving you long signals the other day...the Technical analysis gave me a short signal and I cashed it in...trip congratulated me with a 'well done' the day after I called the short....

everyone here was going long

the consolidation during the day and that tight range on the ES..a screaming long techniucally...i tripled my posistion short

I'm please for you Genics, pleased that you cleaned up...I mainly follow major FX pairs to discover direction.

hehe... that was my fault to count the waves wrong the other day, Genics :) It was only 2 waves but I made it 3 and so the error... With 2 waves down the retracement should be only ~ 30p, not 60-70p. The move down last night around 5pm est finished the 3rd waves and so the big retracement came

the fundementals set the trend, the trend doesnt set the fundelmetanls! unless your getting into reflexivity...

um fundamental is good, I'm learning it to supplement to my TA. But I found TA is pretty accurate though, only me that uses it wrong to make it wrong

the fundementals set the trend, the trend doesnt set the fundelmetanls! unless your getting into reflexivity...

I agree.....a very very very high percentage of fundamentals are already priced into the market at any given time....this is one of the reasons why new traders get crushed

Unless one has a brain / instinct / resources in the same league as Goerge Soros...fundamentals will not deliver short term trading returns / profits.....

ah well... the debat about fundamentals vs technicals :) I think both are good, whichever you use them, as long as you use them correctly. A combination of the 2 will make it deadly

I agree.....a very very very high percentage of fundamentals are already priced into the market at any given time....this is one of the reasons why new traders get crushed

Unless one has a brain / instinct / resources in the same league as Goerge Soros...fundamentals will not deliver short term trading returns / profits.....

i'm a price action junkie....fundamental don't come into the picture as I can't see that far!

total rubbish.

That says, if your trading style is very short to short term trading then a leaning to TA is preferred, but for a longer term trader then fundamental should help more

how can you see fundamentals are already priced in? stuff that hasn't even happened yet priced in? was the economic collapse of 2008 priced in already?

hey dont fight guys, I don't want us to be referees here :) Both of them are good if you know how to use them. I'm a TA guy but do use fundamentals when I trade equities, about 80/20 %