Forex Day Trader's Thread

quants with PhD's don't study charts, they look for arbitrage opportunities through applyin some hardcore maths, or they try finding extreme values, try calculating the true (fair) price of an asset etc. Loads of things these guys do, but you don't need a PhD to study charts, but you need a PhD to be a quant at a hedge fund or bank

quants?? :LOL:

I ignore signals and recommendations altogether.. but using the pre-compiled pivot points these guys make allows you to trade more pairs.. It would take hours per day of tedious unnecessary work to come up with pivots and t/p points for multiple pairs.

Forex Pivot points - Mataf.net

transparent on 1 page, you can compare - however I couldnt work with pivots somehow

I don't trust any recommendations at all from any website which gives it away for free. I only focus on pure reliable info from Reuters, Bloomberg etc even then never look out for recommendations but draw my own conclusions from information in the market. You always hear about some fool at one of these banks making some outrageous predictions which actually never come true. Why do they never come true? because the maker makers and prop traders at hedge funds and IB's don't read that stuff. They have quants and FX/Equity/Fixed income research analysts to give them in depth information

think i mite long some 10yr gilts, there is a syndicated auction next week which is not the usual method of auctioning gilts. This is going to attract more investors.

I don't trust any recommendations at all from any website which gives it away for free. I only focus on pure reliable info from Reuters, Bloomberg etc even then never look out for recommendations but draw my own conclusions from information in the market. You always hear about some fool at one of these banks making some outrageous predictions which actually never come true. Why do they never come true? because the maker makers and prop traders at hedge funds and IB's don't read that stuff. They have quants and FX/Equity/Fixed income research analysts to give them in depth information

:LOL: and I became a scapegoat now

:LOL: and I became a scapegoat now

lol not directing it at you mate. Was just talking generally, I know a lot of people place a lot of emphasis on recommendations/info they see on FREE websites. To me it does not make real sense why someone would waste their time compiling such information and giving it away for free.

Actually some of the bigger banks put out recommendations capable of moving the market.. Their predictions might not come through but you can squeeze a good 20-30 pips out of a trade recommendation at the very least.. I don't know how to get to the juicy recommendations from the baller banks though.. I only hear from my broker why a sudden move was made in the forex market..

Signals don't work in general because they use unrealistic stop losses and you'll never be there in time to jump in at the right time..

:LOL:
maybe I am gonna go and try the new
Thursday, 11 June 2009
KFC Tex Mex Wrapstar Rides Again

Last edited:
actually it does make sense as a marketing gimmick.. without any sort of aid the average trader will deposit money once .. lose it very quickly and then never return.. By aiding the trader they can have them last a little while before losing their money.. they will then add in more money in the belief that "I'm getting better" "I'm almost there" but realistically they will lose that money too..

other web sites just want you there to display ads to you..

This whole business is pretty brutal ;)