Dow 2007

DOW Short

HS

Are you short Dow at present ?

I am short at 12808 earlier, US Nov Consumer confidence weak, do not
see why Dow should rally today.

Peter

Will the structure hold, traders? It's top end, boys and girls, as oppose to bottom end this morning. Don't panic though....

Still a Grizzly

HS

Are you short Dow at present ?

I am short at 12808 earlier, US Nov Consumer confidence weak, do not
see why Dow should rally today.

Peter
Yes I eat my own cooking as they say in the states....

Just a tiny short for now ....... I don't want to play King Canute :LOL:

My short is based on trending... not on any news item per se.... the news is already so bad ... the incremental stuff might not make much of a difference........for now.

The key thing is I "believe" we will resume the downtrend........ but will take defensive action if the market decides my brief reign as market mover has come to an end :LOL:

The ball is in the market's court ........over the next 24hrs

Finally, as you may know my weekly view is for a low sometime this week....

Last edited:
Yes I eat my own cooking as they say in the states....

Just a tiny short for now ....... I don't want to play King Canute :LOL:

I'm actually with you on that one... entry 12965 futures

Edit: I moved my stop to breakeven (20min later) - yes I use stops :)

Last edited:
I totally agree I post purely as my thoughts I dont mind members using them to confirm what they had thought but would not like to be followed blindly one thing to remember is I trade without stops which is way out of most peoples comfort zone

Each to his own :)

My warning earlier on had nothing to do with your calls (or anybody elses for that matter). I just sense (fear) that those with much less capital will try to emulate your trading style, and risk losing huge percentages of their account on a single trade. You obviously have your own way of handling risk, but less experienced traders might want to think twice before trading without stops...

It's just about breaking structure,....not yet though. This is where the creation of the new structure and parameters may start, new support, new resistance, new lines.

Just a tiny short for now .......

If you don't mind me asking, what was your reason to short? Just curious here... as we were short from the same level.

Mine was pretty straightforward... yesterday's support zone where we consolidated before the plunge, should offer some resistance. Apparently it did. There was also the noticeable peak in volume. But not enough to keep price from rising further. Only a small retracement. So this should go up another 100, which I why I got out in time to open myself to the opportunity to play the other side.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your reason to short? Just curious here... as we were short from the same level.

Mine was pretty straightforward... yesterday's support zone where we consolidated before the plunge, should offer some resistance. Apparently it did. There was also the noticeable peak in volume. But not enough to keep price from rising further. Only a small retracement. So this should go up another 100, which I why I got out in time to open myself to the opportunity to play the other side.

My reasoning is pretty arcane :)lol: )... clearly my communication skills need some upgrading...

I'll post at 9.15pm......