Dow 2007

DOW picture

The formation shown may be bullish..but we may need a sharp break lower before significant rally...test/marginal break of AUG lows on HIGH vol may indicate short term capitulation of the sellers...

Attachments

• DOW 2 hours A.png
    DOW 2 hours A.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 140
mrng chaps isnt this nice !
For me the FTSE now has to print an 080 in the normal session and the Dow a 680 until they do I will continue with my bear stance

For me the FTSE now has to print an 080 in the normal session and the Dow a 680 until they do I will continue with my bear stance

Hi Dowman!

I've just seen you on this thread, but hadn't noticed before. Thought you had retired, or gone on a long holiday. I'm not one for chasing up profiles, or I would have known.

Good trading

Split

Selling? How many cars, or £/pt are you selling at, DC. If you flatten this account, you'll end up back on the coaches, Obi wan.

Hi Dowman!

I've just seen you on this thread, but hadn't noticed before. Thought you had retired, or gone on a long holiday. I'm not one for chasing up profiles, or I would have known.

Good trading

Split

Hi Split have been away since early this year just got back to UK last week havnt had chance to post on other threads but Im still trading cable

Selling? How many cars, or £/pt are you selling at, DC. If you flatten this account, you'll end up back on the coaches, Obi wan.

30 to 50 contracts, Im down to only 3 cars these days wouldnt mind a coach as long as it said hymer on the front

Oops.......

I did not go long for reasons stated but I'm now back in the game with this mega rally overnight....... :LOL: :LOL: ;)

I don't know whether this is THE one that ends the down move but will rely on my pattern of trend theory as a guide ... another brillo day in prospect...

That pop overnight seems to be dissipating .... awful shame .. :LOL:
Another brillo day so far and the live show hasn't even started yet ... :cheesy:

Dc - First class call on Ftse again - incredible! Now just need 680 on Dow:)cheesy: ) .. around 100pts from here....:LOL:

Edit : now within 70pts of 680.....

Don't Try This At Home....

CAUTION
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AS OTHERS HAVE MENTIONED IN THE PAST....

WE SHOULD BE VERY WARY OF PIGGY BACKING ON SOME OF THE CALLS POSTED HERE.... CLEARLY SOME TRADERS FULLY APPRECIATE THIS AND OTHERS MIGHT NOT.....

AFTER ALL ................... THESE STELLAR CALLS OF LATE CANNOT CONTINUE FOREVER... THIS IS OBVIOUS BUT IT'S AS WELL TO POST THIS TIMELY REMINDER.

SOME MAY HAVE SEEN THAT "CARRYING LOSSES" CAN BE SIZEABLE WHILST WAITING FOR A CALL TO MATURE..... SOMETIMES THE CALLS WILL NOT WORK OUT AND THOSE LOSSES WILL HAVE TO BE EATEN...:devilish:

PLEASE BE CAREFUL....:D

Last edited:
That pop overnight seems to be dissipating .... awful shame .. :LOL:
Another brillo day so far and the live show hasn't even started yet ... :cheesy:

Dc - First class call on Ftse again - incredible! Now just need 680 on Dow:)cheesy: ) .. around 100pts from here....:LOL:

Edit : now within 70pts of 680.....

cheers hook I would prefer the Dow to push the FTSE higher from here before it hits the 680 an early run to 872 would do the trick then the FTSE could have a double bounce buy opp

FALLING KNiVES

Catching them can be quite dangerous..!!:eek:

The bounce will come ' but from what level...to me (ho) we have still not see the classic "help get me out of here" fall yet...to indicate that the "bulls" have capitulated...

watching and waiting.....for "THAT" opportunity...

cheers hook I would prefer the Dow to push the FTSE higher from here before it hits the 680 an early run to 872 would do the trick then the FTSE could have a double bounce buy opp
Nice one Dc .......but this is getting a little too easy (?) it's making me queasy
for any budding Eminems out there...:)

hope we get it tho' :cheesy:

CAUTION
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AS OTHERS HAVE MENTIONED IN THE PAST....

WE SHOULD BE VERY WARY OF PIGGY BACKING ON SOME OF THE CALLS POSTED HERE.... CLEARLY SOME TRADERS FULLY APPRECIATE THIS AND OTHERS MIGHT NOT.....

AFTER ALL ................... THESE STELLAR CALLS OF LATE CANNOT CONTINUE FOREVER... THIS IS OBVIOUS BUT IT'S AS WELL TO POST THIS TIMELY REMINDER.

SOME MAY HAVE SEEN THAT "CARRYING LOSSES" CAN BE SIZEABLE WHILST WAITING FOR A CALL TO MATURE..... SOMETIMES THE CALLS WILL NOT WORK OUT AND THOSE LOSSES WILL HAVE TO BE EATEN...:devilish:

PLEASE BE CAREFUL....:D

I totally agree I post purely as my thoughts I dont mind members using them to confirm what they had thought but would not like to be followed blindly one thing to remember is I trade without stops which is way out of most peoples comfort zone

Cheers Mate

I totally agree I post purely as my thoughts I dont mind members using them to confirm what they had thought but would not like to be followed blindly one thing to remember is I trade without stops which is way out of most peoples comfort zone
:D

How come you don't use stops, DC? I'm not saying you have to by the way. Is it to do with your MM, do you risk very little on certain trades? Do stops confuse you, do they get in the way of your breathing space when you are not sure of the parameter of the structure? Do you like slogging the market for six? Picking tops? Do stops irritate you, or are they just inconvenient when posting running commentaries.

Regards,

Hopefully some heeded the Bear Warning

Looks like your warning should have been for the bulls.. ;)

Bulls be careful ? Perhaps ...... who knows...

But just wanted to avoid any accidents.... markets can be unpredictable....:LOL:

I'm now preparing to don my Grizzly hat.....watching and waiting....

Don't try this at home....

HELLO......The Trend is still DOWN...

The dow's one day counter trend collapsed remember ? Perhaps I should post it in Braille.:LOL:

... and even if it gobs in my face today by taking out 037 that's still only one bar up..
much worse that leaves it +300 in a day and vulnerable in my book...

But yes...... I still think a rally is due this week... for now lets see if it can hold onto this rally for the rest of the day ......

I will concede that ftse is looking interesting with a one day down which seems to be trying to finish well...
but that's about as much as I can give the bulls for now........ :)

This is a debate is probably all about timeframe ........... :)