Dow 2007

what the hell! I just walked away from the screen, gave up on ending the day in profit really and look what happened...

I just exited... took 85 points, so end up with +60
a winning day after all :)

no, a winnie the poo hits the fan......day :p....

first short + (80 on 2/3 and + 120 on 1/3) and second short + 75 :p

No, I entered on the test of bottom this morning and am waiting for the close. I'm not an intraday trader yet.
erie

I thought you might have... nice entry btw
Do you have a target in mind or will you adjust according to what the market does?

I thought you might have... nice entry btw
Do you have a target in mind or will you adjust according to what the market does?

I will adjust according to what the market does. We will see if the rally has legs, for now I know this is where it all starts since the close is where it is. (hope that makes sense :) ) I was coincidentially off work today, so this really worked out that I could watch price closer than usual. Good trading to ya.
erie

When I see a lot of these:p:p :LOL: :D ...Usually the next 1 to 3 days, a trader will give it back to the market.

A wining trade should look like this :| and lossing trade should look like this :|

Absolutely, euphoria right up there with greed and fear

When I see a lot of these:p:p :LOL: :D ...Usually the next 1 to 3 days, a trader will give it back to the market.

A wining trade should look like this :| and lossing trade should look like this :|

probably :p .....then again, instead of we-need-a-poo :p i will then be looking at Alice :p and you will say the same thing :LOL: while im in wonderland :LOL:

My reasoning is pretty arcane :)lol: )... clearly my communication skills need some upgrading...

I'll post at 9.15pm......

My reason for going short today was in the expectation of a market pullback...
The short was executed when the market had already had quite a rise so unless it was going to go beserk the risk was manageable .... for me.

As it turned out I was able to add to the short at a higher price - well done FW for your comment about another 100 or so pooints! - and when the pbk came to around the 830 area was able to close at a profit... for second time (did it in pre-sesh too). Did I get what I expect .... not really was the day profitable yes but could have been moreso...

FW you're a disciplined day trader and I'm more of a swinger... looking for high probability triple digit moves. Yes this does mean I leave many of the intraday moves on the table.... but it does not bother me too much cos to get those bundles of cash I would have to pay alot more attention .... whereas as a swinger I have time to write silly messages on bulletin boards ........ and write up one or two projects at the same time....

Would I make more money as a day trader....? Probably a lot more... but in this kind of volatile environment swingers do okay :D When low vol comes back things might be a bit different at least as far as playing indices are concerned...

After a further look FW , the market performed poorly today, I'm not impressed and will be quick to take profits if no one shows up buying ( no follow through ). I'm disappointed in the results so far........enough for this thread I've interrupted the usual flow and should stay out as I'm not a intradaytrader.:)
erie

Nice to read hooks take on todays action now imagine the opposite position being taken for the same reason then combine them, this is exactly what happened today, players are now positioned neutral looking to take the longs @ 13083 and the shorts @12680 if we can do this in one day then it points to going sideways for the week into Friday

After a further look FW , the market performed poorly today, I'm not impressed and will be quick to take profits if no one shows up buying ( no follow through ). I'm disappointed in the results so far........enough for this thread I've interrupted the usual flow and should stay out as I'm not a intradaytrader.:)
erie

4 hr & 1 hr charts are set for a fall imo. With due respect anything hovering around 13000 is a short for me. 99% of my trades are shorts with no SL as the upside is severely limited to me.

Weekly and and Daily charts looking bullish at major support lines.

I'm currently short.

4 hr & 1 hr charts are set for a fall imo. With due respect anything hovering around 13000 is a short for me. 99% of my trades are shorts with no SL as the upside is severely limited to me.

I'm currently short.

Isn't that a little bit of a contradiction? Also, no stops? Where are you wrong? 13,500? 14,000? 14,200? A new all time high? I don't see the Dow taking out August lows, but that isn't the point. The point is are you comfortable with your risk, and do you have a plan for each trade that gets you out when you are "wrong"?

I'm a little concerned as I know you've been burned once or twice being a little too stubborn in your shorts. Just trying to help - I'm still a pretty rubbish trader who keeps bailing out of his hourly positions too quickly!

Careful!

I'm currently short.

Isn't that a little bit of a contradiction? Also, no stops? Where are you wrong? 13,500? 14,000? 14,200? A new all time high? I don't see the Dow taking out August lows, but that isn't the point. The point is are you comfortable with your risk, and do you have a plan for each trade that gets you out when you are "wrong"?

I'm a little concerned as I know you've been burned once or twice being a little too stubborn in your shorts. Just trying to help - I'm still a pretty rubbish trader who keeps bailing out of his hourly positions too quickly!