Dow 2007

I could've just deleted some of the previous posts, but I thought why not share a moment of "stream-of-consciousness" so other's can see what's going on in my mind. Don't worry I will not divulge my thoughts after 11pm :p

13145? ...I'll have some of what your on..:D

exit 817.

the price level I took those long trades was crucial...

imo my long was valid, with a decent close stop
Then when I started to doubt myself... I made the mistake of hesitating and not shorting the break. Longs were definitely out of order after it broke clear of that level.

If we are going to see a rally, as a lot of people would like, tomorrow will be crucial.

Oh dear.............

Then again weak dax after big reversal does not fill me with confidence about indices generally......... Dow has only made one up bar and that was today... friday was insider I think... Spx has made two up bars with today's new daily high....

So what ? This means the one or two day counter trend pattern is still intact as of today in US.... and it must go higher tomorrow as an absolute minimum or else.......Goldilocks may have company... :LOL:

I've awoken to find I have made money in my sleep...........seduced by cheap plonk from the lady next door ... well she offered me some wine and the next thing I knew it was 9.15pm my suit is full of wrinkles....... and she's not even here....

Life is Great...... :(

US could not even hold the one or two day counter trend...... !!

Edit: in case she's reading this ..... the wine was rather nice .... not cheap at all :D

Last edited:
No Road Map 4 now.....

Road map is on hold until I'm corpus mentus ........

But long time viewers will be able to join the dots in the interim ... I hope...

"stream of consciousness" ......I'll have to remember that one....:LOL:

long 904.

exit 817.

commiserations on that hit .. been there done that. I'm annoyed about missing this slide .all seems so easy in retrospect . short from anything over 13000 .. shoulda listened to Hook Shot

did not trade after 3pm uk time .. . and there's Hook Shot,, goes to sleep,, and wakes up richer .. there is no justice:LOL: .. only kidding hook shot .. that's the way to trade! .. I might start acting on your posts soon, that'll bring your success rate down ('cause the market tends to disobey my direct instructions)

at long term support here.

monthly_spx.gif

I will be long at 680 area which is interesting given the upside target for those who remember it

Hi, DC.

How did the coaching go, i was told you were trying your hand at coaching.

Who did you drive for? Was it a tour company anyone would know? Did you enjoy your time in Europe with a coach load of pensioners?

Maybe you can organise a T2W coach trip.

Regards,

Hi, DC.

How did the coaching go, i was told you were trying your hand at coaching.

Who did you drive for? Was it a tour company anyone would know? Did you enjoy your time in Europe with a coach load of pensioners?

Maybe you can organise a T2W coach trip.

Regards,

:LOL: was going to try it but decided to take a gap year thing and see a bit of the planet

No Man's Land..........?

I suppose I better give some credit to Atilla for having reached 750 ...:LOL:

But the only obvious/high probability trade I can see is long - sometime this week........ that's my BIAS. I know some don't like the idea of traders having a bias but I'm declaring mine.....

Pattern of trend in my understanding says we remain in a fast move down i.e a continuation of the last couple of weeks or so.... How does this square with my long bias ? Well I think the smackdown will become over sold and we'll get a short covering rally......... I just don't know when this will be but I'm guessing it will be sometime this week.

In the meantime I'm .... well lets not say but without a failed rally tomorrow I can't short and going long is speculative given the pace of the downmove. Don't get me wrong I could go long and make money but I would be "really" gambling.... for my style anyway.

Bottom Line I've got to go fishing somewhere else... maybe fx or commods not sure yet..... The only other index option near term would be to see if Asian sesh exhausts the downside and starts to turn up ........ the fat boys* like hongkong and nikkei could be interesting if that happens.

*Not intending to sound politically incorrect ... but what I meant is they are "bloated" as far as points are concerned....

Apologies to anyone offended :LOL:

But the only obvious/high probability trade I can see is long - sometime this week........ that's my BIAS. I know some don't like the idea of traders having a bias but I'm declaring mine.....

Pattern of trend in my understanding says we remain in a fast move down i.e a continuation of the last couple of weeks or so.... How does this square with my long bias ? Well I think the smackdown will become over sold and we'll get a short covering rally......... I just don't know when this will be but I'm guessing it will be sometime this week.

In the meantime I'm .... well lets not say but without a failed rally tomorrow I can't short and going long is speculative given the pace of the downmove. Don't get me wrong I could go long and make money but I would be "really" gambling.... for my style anyway.

Bottom Line I've got to go fishing somewhere else... maybe fx or commods not sure yet..... The only other index option near term would be to see if Asian sesh exhausts the downside and starts to turn up ........ the fat boys* like hongkong and nikkei could be interesting if that happens.

*Not intending to sound politically incorrect ... but what I meant is they are "bloated" as far as points are concerned....

Thanking you kindly HookShot, but I did take my credits couple of days ago.

Must confess I have been much encouraged by your and DC's calls. Never like going against the legends on this site.

fwiw I'm now thinking we have double top. Major battle on going plus support lines drawn on the sand...

If it does break down than my next target would be 12000s...

If it rises than I still have it trying for 13500.

Today I've finished up but I could have done so much better. Despite having direction right didn't make the pips on the table. Funny the dark side drawing me thinking I lost money that wasn't mine... :LOL: :devilish: :LOL:

Well done 2 overnight longs !

I did not go long for reasons stated but I'm now back in the game with this mega rally overnight....... :LOL: :LOL: ;)

I don't know whether this is THE one that ends the down move but will rely on my pattern of trend theory as a guide ... another brillo day in prospect...