Dow 2007

Well played Fw
-----------------------
for those who might be interested I've gone over to the March contract - it just makes me feel a bit more "secure" just that extra bit of flexibility .... and as you know it's all about the mind....

looks like I will be exiting my FTSE before the close also have a small dow short at the mo looking for 860 unless we bounce back to 990 then I will take it at 885

Well played Fw
-----------------------
for those who might be interested I've gone over to the March contract - it just makes me feel a bit more "secure" just that extra bit of flexibility .... and as you know it's all about the mind....

thanks
btw, I am still holding that other half.

edit: and I shouldn't have ... -20 deducted from the +60

Last edited:
What can I say ?

Ftse now retraced around 25% will dow do the same in the live sesh ??????

Called the top last night and now riding it down ...... 25% pbk (of 12786-13037... = ~974) as ever was flagged in advance.... but any more spillage is welcome ... :LOL:

Hookie you stupid fool if it wasn't in advance it would be no ****** good ....
I stand corrected ........ (hookie and his alter ego)

NB - for those lazy gets like me....... the dow rallied of big oversold level friday - which you saw coming a mile away .... since europe was on fire..

The it went into overbought this morning and there was a slide........ the old one-two... up to 250+ on wave 1 and at least 100 on wave 2 .... so a lazy trader ought to have been able to grab 170/175 pt... :)

Last edited:
DC
What has changed for you to exit close

Peter

Hi The DOW is wanting to get down to its target in the first half of the session and should be close to it before the FTSE closes this would give the ideal oppotunity for a late DOW rally which would pump the FTSE overnight and continue upward tomorrow

FTSE Short

Thanks DC

A good call, exited two positions at 6180 and 6176 at close.
I've made a profit on those two positions, this morning I nearly
closed them, thought the FTSE was going to take off, after
the Asian markets performed well. Thanks for the DOW and
FTSE predictions. Looking to go long soon, maybe Christmas Rally

Peter

Dax

Some will have noticed the dax is still hovering around the lows of today ..... so any rally in the dow makes that a low risk option for the hookster......

Then again weak dax after big reversal does not fill me with confidence about indices generally......... Dow has only made one up bar and that was today... friday was insider I think... Spx has made two up bars with today's new daily high....

So what ? This means the one or two day counter trend pattern is still intact as of today in US.... and it must go higher tomorrow as an absolute minimum or else.......Goldilocks may have company... :LOL:

Thanks DC

A good call, exited two positions at 6180 and 6176 at close.
I've made a profit on those two positions, this morning I nearly
closed them, thought the FTSE was going to take off, after
the Asian markets performed well. Thanks for the DOW and
FTSE predictions. Looking to go long soon, maybe Christmas Rally

Peter

Cheers Peter always good to hear of a profit being made, with regard to the rally I mentioned Im still waiting for the Dow to confirm the players are in Long, if this is not done by 7:15 then I would expect the FTSE to do a sideways dance tomorrow 234 - 164 finish unchanged

on the other hand...

again long 13145

mea culpa, bit of impatience on my part! guess it's post-holiday stress lol

I could've just deleted some of the previous posts, but I thought why not share a moment of "stream-of-consciousness" so other's can see what's going on in my mind. Don't worry I will not divulge my thoughts after 11pm :p