Dow 2007

thanks Firewalker and DC for comments re: volume ... good stuff

FTSE was great today .. fell sharply to previous days low . (well just lower) .. trouble is I was so convinced by the slide my stupid brain said short after a pullback . so my first short went wrong .. eventually got lucky with a short later on .. but in hind sight long from PDL woulda been a great trade

DC Short

So am I, Took a short on the FTSE Cash at 6139 yesturday and at 6182 today.
Not sure why, does not look as though the market wants to go down.
Lets give DC a chance, but I will probably close at end of day.
Next wek , there may be a rally, who knows

Ftse Magic ?

I would love to see 6300 tested today .... sorry..

But I'm now taking a few practice swings as the Ftse enters the danger zone from 245 plus..... i.e it may not get to my dreamland :LOL:

Please, Let us know if you bail out DC,
I am still in !

Hi will do, I expect an early 280 and a fall to 080 which is where I will now take position off if we open down and hit 200 in the first hour without hitting 280 first I will cover the position until the 280

FTSE Short

Hi DC

Thanks for your thoughts, what if it goes above 6300, and what do you mean by covering your position.

Peter

Posted Last Friday 16th.......around 7 am UK

Ps As others have mentioned downside targets .....I'll have a go.. The simple ones are ~12800 the old high and ~12500 the august low (with ~12450 the 25% retrace of the 5yr bull market).......[/QUOTE]
Seems like it's high fives to me and Catracho......:LOL: :LOL:

What did they used to say....? "...everything is known in advance " :cheesy:

Great week and looking forward to the next one.............

Incidentally the stochastics were virtually as oversold on wed night as in March and August....!!!

Hi DC

Thanks for your thoughts, what if it goes above 6300, and what do you mean by covering your position.

Peter

a 319 would have a recalc of target this may extend rather than shorten, to cover is to take the opposing position in the market whilst still holding the original position if for instance you expect a spike and then the price to be brought back into line

Sunday/Monday

Looking at the "tiger" ..... on 15m we are well stretched on stochs but rsi is high but could have further to run..........

Bottom line I want a continuation on Dow (ideally a quick one) towards 050/60... or more ....for me to get excited .......... :LOL:

I'm hoping it does not fade tonight ...... but will take it if it does ;)

Have a good one....

hs

Happiness ..... perhaps

Looking at the "tiger" ..... on 15m we are well stretched on stochs but rsi is high but could have further to run..........

Bottom line I want a continuation on Dow (ideally a quick one) towards 050/60... or more ....for me to get excited .......... :LOL:

I'm hoping it does not fade tonight ...... but will take it if it does ;)

Have a good one....

hs

We're on our way only 30pips to go to 050.... this is fun....:D

Ftse teasing 310.............this is approx the 38% of the decline so is kindov important to some.....Lets see if if holds to live sesh........

Last edited:
We're on our way only 30pips to go to 050.... this is fun....:D

Ftse teasing 310.............this is approx the 38% of the decline so is kindov important to some.....Lets see if if holds to live sesh........

excellent work Hook Shot
currently I am long on USD/JPY but I am wishing I chose the DOW now ..
just thinking about hitting the hay .. it's been a good week so far :)

now should I set a stop at break even? .. only fifteen points away, or just take the money and run .. er .. sleep ...

Ooooh!

excellent work Hook Shot
currently I am long on USD/JPY but I am wishing I chose the DOW now ..
just thinking about hitting the hay .. it's been a good week so far :)

now should I set a stop at break even? .. only fifteen points away, or just take the money and run .. er .. sleep ...

Can't comment on $/Y right now not traded for a while but......... if you can stay awake it should be worth your while .... maybe.... dow is about to run into brick wall if you believe in rsi and stochs....

It sounds like bs but ....I believe the easy trade is not far from here.....

If "tiger" identified ob in stochs and likely ob in rsi then this surge pre market "should fail"............................

I'm pleading with you stay awake ..... although I can't offer any assurances ...:LOL:

LIFE IS GREAT.............................

Can't comment on $/Y right now not traded for a while but......... if you can stay awake it should be worth your while .... maybe.... dow is about to run into brick wall if you believe in rsi and stochs....

I just missed some of a 10 minute 100 pip move on £/Y thanks to posting on T2W.