Dow 2007

Went downstairs to hang some washing up and get back to the screen to see ym has moved nearly 400 points in a blink. Never seen that before. Have I missed some news or maybe I guess we were a bit oversold then.

The bucket shop in question was London Capital Gruop, who run Capital Spreads and E*Trade spreadbetting amongst others. I have decided to take the advice of some posts here, and I am going to ring them either today or Monday when I have time and ask them to close my account. They are still unable to make a market properly in foreign exchange overnight. This issue is ongoing - last night NZD/USD was over 800 points out. They have flaws in their algorithm which causes rogue prices on their platform, and in the months they have known of this they have neither fixed the problem, employed dealers overnight, or removed their markets when they are unstaffed.

Additionally, I have had problems with withdrawals, a very suspicious manual fill policy where they take some time to fill orders, and reject the ones where the price has moved in my favour, and their initially friendly and helpful staff have become increasingly unsympathetic to my ongoing concerns to the extent that I no longer wish to trade with them.

They do have their good points, including tight spreads on some markets, and I think it is laudable that they provide the Charity Account here, but the issues are persistent and serious enough that I would not consider it wise to trade with them.

Initially, their staff were very accommodating, but it appears they are as frustrated as their clients regarding their payment and platform issues, and are perhaps getting rather tired of dealing with customer complaints.

I am going to close my account, and if I get any problems doing so I will post them here.

Went downstairs to hang some washing up and get back to the screen to see ym has moved nearly 400 points in a blink. Never seen that before. Have I missed some news or maybe I guess we were a bit oversold then.

I see 13,200 was rejected again and again, however support at 13,000 held. A break of either of those levels at the open should indicate short term direction. My best guess without checking for news is that the market is anticipating institutional buying of undervalued companies, or short covering going into end of week.

Those who went long on a break of technical resitance at 12,900 would have done very well indeed, although I don't see much strenght above 13,120.

I'd also postulate that that 5m rally was due to shorts covering massive positions in a light volume book, and this perpetuated the rally as shorts dumped positions at 900, 950,and 13-.

I see 13,200 was rejected again and again, however support at 13,000 held. A break of either of those levels at the open should indicate short term direction. My best guess without checking for news is that the market is anticipating institutional buying of undervalued companies, or short covering going into end of week.

LL,
Fed cut rates 50 Bps

near term bulls will see a test of the day highs poss to 13200 cash... later in the sesh but ...........beside that possibility the next big move (in my book) is south.

Fed cuts rates by 50bp .... not a charitable move... We are in deep stuff and if I'm right then a 1m decline is just the beginning. The fed cut came after hosing money into the banking system was not working well enough...:devilish:

I think they'll have to cull interest rates to get the ship back on track.... and when the market really starts to believe that ... then we have a chance.

For now I'm shorting the rallies that fizzle out... but I'm aware that the players might like to see a +400 day
today..just to give the bears another ****ing .. as unlikely as that might be from here...just below 13k cash

EDIT: Just to be clear I'm not advocating a ramp up into the stratosphere today - but it is an outlier event that I'm prepared for .

Dow went below my target. Let's hope big boys take dow all the way up to 14k then we could short those tech & banking stocks again. Does any one know when the double and triple witching days are?
Thanks in advance.