Dow 2007

I've just been hanging on to my short swing trades m8 @ 1502 on SPX...I'm looking to cover soon expecting a decent size bounce starting tomorrow.....

"shares can go down as well as......down further".....:LOL:

LL,
it was predictable...expect this to run into Tuesday...I've been trying to get long all day but kept getting blown out....ironically as soon as I posted that tune,up,up and away...:eek:
I should've watched the market instead of pratting about with Top of the Pops...:LOL:

Well, I will not bore the thread further by making further comments. I am just rather disappointed and feel that I ought to share my experiences with others who use this vehicle to access the markets. Sorry for taking the thread offtopic. I will start trading again when I get another account. I feel I have reached the stage where I could make a good go of trading, and am naturally frustrated at artificial obstacles to my development.

I've now signed up with www.capitalspreads.com and the web based trading platform is considerably different to CMC but quite good and fresh.

Been comparing prices with CMC and I can say they more or less move in the same direction similtaneously. CMC seems to be 1 or 2 points higher. CS spreads seem to be slightly better and they guarantee to sell in your favour if price moves.

The reason for the switch though is not because I'm unhappy with CMC more the web based training as opposed to having Market Maker client installed - which is equally very good.

I made some pips going down today but sitting out this sudden surge up. What's got into it?

I think now we hit 10% correction that's it. We've been there done it, seen it and off we go or what?

Unbelievable.

Work is going well. My client is so impressed with my project management skills that my title will be promoted from Mr Disaster Recovery - to Mr Global DR. How cool is that? :cheesy: The only problem is I don't like travelling and living out of suit cases. :rolleyes:

I'll have to ask for additional hefty compensation I guess. Life is a beach and then you find shade under a palm tree... :D

"Paid cash for my new car"....now Warren Buffet would tell you how much that would have been worth had you compounded it for 25 years ...yes ,that's right ,picture that 1 square mile of island surrounded by sand upon which reclines one of the most beautiful women you could imagine...that could have all been yours ..now imagine I didn't buy the car and you see the guy in the hammock slurping a cold one...that isn't you.

In the interests of creating a laugh for anybody on the wrong side of this market.

Aye, but i'm 21. I want a flash car and fancy things, going around shaggin birds and carrying on like an idiot. It's whats being 21 is all about :cool:

edit to say... i'm always going on about one day getting a ferrari. My brother always says to me that by the time i get to his age, all i'll have is a ferrari and load of empty champain bottles lol

LL,
it was predictable...expect this to run into Tuesday...I've been trying to get long all day but kept getting blown out....ironically as soon as I posted that tune,up,up and away...:eek:
I should've watched the market instead of pratting about with Top of the Pops...:LOL:

Hope you're right Maestro ....dow has already recovered 25% of the whole slide just a thought probly means less than nothing...:LOL:

I knew it was a mistake......

can get to 13150 ish quite easy...:LOL:

Yep see that one but the fib 38% comes in before we get to 13100 so might be something to be aware of .... perhaps :cheesy:
Cheers Steve
Either way trend is clear so the bulls "have to" keep on running .... like in that spanish place Pamplona .. I think
See Yah

http://www.tradestalker.com
These guys are pretty interesting and you can start off with the free service which is not bad for the swingers

Yep see that one but the fib 38% comes in before we get to 13100 so might be something to be aware of .... perhaps :cheesy:
Cheers Steve
Either way trend is clear so the bulls "have to" keep on running .... like in that spanish place Pamplona .. I think
See Yah

http://www.tradestalker.com
These guys are pretty interesting and you can start off with the free service which is not bad for the swingers

HS,
if it gets legs can even reach 13200 which is neckline of H&S.....

HS,
if it gets legs can even reach 13200 which is neckline of H&S.....
Because you have couched it in those terms ........ I'll relent. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Overnight should be interesting though..... as Dow goes mental after hours. Dow should get too extended during asian sesh and have to recoil probably that's my thesis anyway.

now 938/44 courtesy of investors gold :LOL:

Was that a short cover squeeze? I went away to make a coffee, came back and it was up 300 points. I've lost pips and pounds this week, but hopefully I can start next week with a shiny new IG account and make some money back.

U.S. Stocks Advance on Rate-Cut Speculation; Banks Gain
By Lynn Thomasson

Aug. 16 (Bloomberg): U.S. stocks rose after a late-day rally in banks and brokerages helped the Dow Jones Industrial Average erase a 343-point drop. Bear Stearns Cos., the second-largest U.S. underwriter of mortgage bonds, climbed the most since 2001 after Punk Ziegel & Co. analyst Richard Bove said the firm may sell a stake of as much as 20 percent. Citigroup Inc., Bank of America Corp. and JPMorgan Chase & Co. led financial shares to the biggest gain in a week as expectations grew that the Federal Reserve will cut interest rates.

"There's a rumor of an emergency Fed meeting," said Thomas Garcia, head of trading at Thornburg Investment Management, which oversees about $45 billion in Santa Fe, New Mexico. "You've got a major credit crunch right now and these guys need to get it together and do something about it." No meeting is scheduled for the rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee today, according to the Fed's Web site. Any unscheduled meetings of the FOMC would be "confidential" St. Louis Fed President William Poole said yesterday.

interesting extract from John Murphy's newsletter today

S&P 500 BOUNCES OFF MARCH LOW... As you know, I've been calling for a 10-12% correction in the S&P 500 and a likely retest of its March low. The good news is that both of those downside targets have now been achieved. Plus, the market is now in a bona fide oversold condition. The daily bars in Chart 4 show the S&P closing slightly higher today after testing its March low. It also tested another important support line. The green line just below the price bars is the 400-day (or 20 month moving average) that I've described before as an important support line that would probably be tested. The S&P touched that line earlier today before rebounding. The daily stochastic lines are also in oversold territory. A couple of weeks ago (August 2) I complained that the market wasn't ready for a rebound until the "weekly" stochastic lines reached oversold territory. Chart 5 shows that they have. That chart also shows how well the 80-week (400-day) moving average has contained previous market downturns (blue line). All of those factors combined suggest to me that things have gotten a bit overdone on the downside and the market may be ready for a relief rally. That doesn't mean that the market is in good shape. A lot of technical damage has been done to charts all over the world. The market will have to do a lot to repair that damage. Today's market action suggests, however, that the worst may be over for now.

Attachments

• murphy4.bmp
    516.2 KB · Views: 120
  • murphy5.bmp
    516.2 KB · Views: 121
How does he do it ???

Because you have couched it in those terms ........ I'll relent. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Overnight should be interesting though..... as Dow goes mental after hours. Dow should get too extended during asian sesh and have to recoil probably that's my thesis anyway.

now 938/44 courtesy of investors gold :LOL:

Dow now 855/61 ~70pts and counting..... making money in my sleep.........
I'm not as good as 2468 YET but I'm learning :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ps The easiest 70pts plus that man has ever made .... to paraphrase the Maestro.....

only me........

dow cash now 772/778 oh shux I've got to lower my stop to lock in even more profit ....:LOL:

200 not out Hookshot punches gloves with his batting partner and raises his bat to the dressing room whilst he accepts the applause of this packed arena....

Time to think about a potential long Mr Shot since ftse is holding up pretty well....says a small boy who comes on to the field to asks for his autograph. :LOL:

Perhaps says Mr Shot still milking the crowd

200 not out Hookshot punches gloves with his batting partner and raises his bat to the dressing room whilst he accepts the applause of this packed arena....

Time to think about a potential long Mr Shot since ftse is holding up pretty well....says a small boy who comes on to the field to asks for his autograph. :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
nice one HS shame i couldnt stay awake and batt that one out with you!:cry:

Mr Shot doesn't often take batting advice from small boys but he doesn't know everything ....... and took the advice on it's merits - after due consideration...:cheesy:
The little fella also said watch 1430/31 for key rez on S&p futs ....

What's your name young fella Mr shot asked.... Harry ..Sir the lad replied...